Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: What if a man wanted to test all of his children at birth for paternity as a general policy?
Yes 16 36.36%
No 23 52.27%
Other (explain) 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 07:48 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,088,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I posed a question earlier in the thread, the same poster stated with married couples its assumed hes the father and not necessary for him to sign.

My ex-husband never signed the birth certificate either.

Did you look at the link?
I stated that, and no he doesn't have to sign. But if he is so concerned with DNA results he wouldn't let her put his name on the birth certificate to begin with. He would say "no dear, first we need a DNA test to prove the child is really mine"

Or he can be the weasel and do it on the sly. In which case, who shoudn't be trusted here??? What other major decisions would he fudge/lie about? What else wouldn't he trust her with? Why bother being married?

Old 02-09-2012, 07:51 PM

723 posts, read 2,194,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Or he can be the weasel and do it on the sly. In which case, who shoudn't be trusted here??? What other major decisions would he fudge/lie about? What else wouldn't he trust her with? Why bother being married?
I think the answer is pretty obvious here.

If women are going to FTFO if her man even THINKS about DNA testing then why the heck should they be told. Yeah right: "honey I want to get a DNA test" "OMG WUT U DUN LUV ME ANYMORE GET OVER HERE SO I CAN PUNCH YOU IN THE HEAD BOY I HATE YOU".

The funny thing is, that's the purpose of this whole thread. Apparently there are some women who understands the mans concerns. These women are admirable.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:59 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,582,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I stated that, and no he doesn't have to sign. But if he is so concerned with DNA results he wouldn't let her put his name on the birth certificate to begin with. He would say "no dear, first we need a DNA test to prove the child is really mine"

I'm simply saying in a situation with a married couple if he suspected for some reason hes not the father, its possible to be done on the sly without his signature on a birth certificate.

1. What do I need to bring to the appointment?

2. All adult test participants must bring a valid government-issued ID—such as a driver’s license, state ID, military ID, or passport—to the sample collection appointment. For minors, a birth certificate, Social Security card, or hospital birth record is sufficient. In addition, the child’s legal custodian will have to sign a consent form allowing the minor to be tested.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:00 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,212,015 times
Quote:
I posed a question earlier in the thread, the same poster stated with married couples its assumed hes the father and not necessary for him to sign.

My ex-husband never signed the birth certificate either.

Did you look at the link?
I looked at the FAQ link if that's the one you're meaning. What I'm noting, tho, is the assuming of fatherhood. It can be via a signature or not. He assumes the role while simultaneously questioning paternity. He should not be assuming any parent role. And then deciding to go behind backs and get this or that test? That right there is the makeup of a Jerry Springer guest. That's why the entire premise is nutty from the get go.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
The funny thing is, that's the purpose of this whole thread. Apparently there are some women who understands the mans concerns. These women are admirable.
Clearly, those are the women the men in this thread should seek out. There is someone for everyone.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I looked at the FAQ link if that's the one you're meaning. What I'm noting, tho, is the assuming of fatherhood. It can be via a signature or not. He assumes the role while simultaneously questioning paternity. He should not be assuming any parent role. And then deciding to go behind backs and get this or that test? That right there is the makeup of a Jerry Springer guest. That's why the entire premise is nutty from the get go.

I agree. If he really wanted to find out, it can be done and used in court.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:05 PM

37,653 posts, read 46,077,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
If he discusses it very early on, it's fine. That'll be the end of the short line. I will not marry such a person.
Words out of my mouth, girl.

No desire to be with any man that is that paranoid and distrustful.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I agree. If he really wanted to find out, it can be done and used in court.
Yea, it's odd. I don't understand the whole do it on the sly thing. Pretend to be the kid's dad, but not really think you're the kid's dad. Opt out of telling your spouse that you think she might have given birth to a child not genetically related to him because...who knows.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Words out of my mouth, girl.

No desire to be with any man that is that paranoid and distrustful.
That's what it really comes down to. I think it's hilarious that some of the guys here take issue with this simple position.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yea, it's odd. I don't understand the whole do it on the sly thing. Pretend to be the kid's dad, but not really think you're the kid's dad. Opt out of telling your spouse that you think she might have given birth to a child not genetically related to him because...who knows.
Agree again. Its definately shady. There are men out there who would do it in a heartbeat. We already heard from one on the issue and I'll bet hes not alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships