Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: What if a man wanted to test all of his children at birth for paternity as a general policy?
Yes 16 36.36%
No 23 52.27%
Other (explain) 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 04:05 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,355,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
What a truly screwed up world some of you posters seem to live in

In my world, this would be a HUGE waste of money.
And so many wonder why they can't have decent relationships.
Most of them simply distrust and pretty much don't like women.
All women are whores, you know, and they're just waiting to hurt every man that they encounter.
The men, you see, are all perfect.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:25 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,262,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
All women are whores, you know, and they're just waiting to hurt every man that they encounter.
I don't know why these guys would consider marriage and children in the first place.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:27 PM

723 posts, read 2,198,902 times
Quote:
See! This person gets it!

Old 02-09-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good morning,

We live in the same world you live in.

I'm sure you've read the same stories we do about men who had no reason to doubt their child was theirs and put a lot of love and emotions into them for years before discovering they were fooled. That has to be devastating!

I'm sure you've seen the same court decisions where men were required to support children that aren't theirs while the biological father gets a pass.

It's not a waste of money for those who choose to pay for it out of pocket. I'm not advocating for mandatory paternity tests. I want men to be upfront with women about their intentions early in the dating / friendship process, and then pay for it out of pocket.
There is a subset of the male population who live double lives. Specifically, these men engage in the down low (or however you guys term it). These men put their unsuspecting wives at risk for HIV et al. I think I even saw a few youtube vids addressing it. I can't imagine being married to a man hooking up with other men and then giving me HIV. Omg. According to your reasoning it would make sense for women to demand weekly or monthly blood tests to be sure their men aren't engaging in this risky behavior because they read about other men doing this on the interwebz!11!. Ya know, there are stories and stats out there globally.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:34 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,893,858 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't know why these guys would consider marriage and children in the first place.
Nice try ladies, but disagreement in a debate doesn't necessary mean anyone dislikes or distrusts women, or any of the other things said above. I notice this is done a lot on this forum, as if any of you know any of the posters in real life. Are there some women haters (and man haters) in this forum? Sure, but not everyone who agrees on similar topics are that way.

One could say you dislike men for taking a position opposite to mine. Both assumptions are ridiculous, of course.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:37 PM

26,711 posts, read 41,907,747 times
Quote:
Nice try ladies, but disagreement in a debate doesn't necessary mean anyone dislikes or distrusts women, or any of the other things said above. I notice this is done a lot on this forum, as if any of you know any of the posters in real life. Are there some women haters (and man haters) in this forum? Sure, but not everyone who agrees on similar topics are that way.

One could say you dislike men for taking a position opposite to mine. Both assumptions are ridiculous, of course.
Trust me, call them out on one or two of the things women do, you are a certified woman hater according to the women on this forum.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:49 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,355,777 times
Quote:
Sounds good, that works for you. I've had this conversation with more than enough women to know there are plenty who are fine with it since it was disclosed upfront and is a general policy, not an accusation.
Can you give us a general number of "more than enough" women who are fine with this. You said there are plenty.
I'd also be interested in how you broached this subject with these more than enough women.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:52 PM

994 posts, read 1,686,185 times
Perhaps the soon to be father can request a dna test, so that he can view the results to see any potential genetic issues down the road

Old 02-09-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:

The difference, and this may be too fine a point for you to grasp, is that you will never find me making one charge, comment, assumption, about an entire gender (men in this case). How ever you and the women who choose to spend time with you want to play it is your own deal. Remember that much. What I take issue with is the assumption (on your part) that men are a singular entity. They are surely not. Marriage comes in all shapes and forms. The various shades of marriage, which is dependent on the individuals involved, are simply not available to you across the board. So, your question in the OP is ultimately moot. It's a question you would ask. It's not a question my husband would ask (for example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Trust me, call them out on one or two of the things women do, you are a certified woman hater according to the women on this forum.
I chalk it up to deficiencies to be honest. There's something wrong. In my world such people are considered broken. As noted by other posters, it's kind of sad. Fortunately, it's only entertainment discussion for me and not my problem.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 02-09-2012 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: for example

Old 02-09-2012, 05:13 PM

26,711 posts, read 41,907,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I chalk it up to deficiencies to be honest. There's something wrong. In my world such people are considered broken. As noted by other posters, it's kind of sad. Fortunately, it's only entertainment discussion for me and not my problem.
Glad to see, I entertain you. I'm the office comedian at work and I aim to please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships