Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: What if a man wanted to test all of his children at birth for paternity as a general policy?
Yes 16 36.36%
No 23 52.27%
Other (explain) 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:42 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,117,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Deleted. Already answered by fleetiebelle.
In Sierra's defense, all the user names were showing up in the poll when you opened it initially, then they all disappeared and it went "private" with no clickable numbers. Now they are showing again.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:44 AM

723 posts, read 2,197,610 times
Ugh. I think everyone who voted against the above policy needs to read this article. It's very long, but it gives perspective on the issue.

How DNA Testing Is Changing Fatherhood

If you still don't believe in early DNA testing after reading these crushing tales then you probably don't have a heart

Old 02-09-2012, 11:44 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,312,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Sierra, if you click on the numbers in the poll, you should be able to see who voted how.
Ha! I wasn't aware of that. Thanks. Sure enough - all the dudes there!

Then how come there are different polls that do display the handles without having to click on the numbers...? Essentially this one is the same - not anonymous. I thought this type was... Darn, I have to go back and find my poll on MindFu! I wanna know how many dudes wanted him!

Old 02-09-2012, 11:46 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,888,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha! I wasn't aware of that. Thanks. Sure enough - all the dudes there!

Then how come there are different polls that do display the handles without having to click on the numbers...? Essentially this one is the same - not anonymous. I thought this type was... Darn, I have to go back and find my poll on MindFu! I wanna know how many dudes wanted him!
I wonder how many of the guys who voted yes are actually in sucessful relationships with women my guess would be.................

well you know

Old 02-09-2012, 11:46 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,892,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Hmm... you need a marriage license to get married in a church too.....unless you're planning on a Vegas chapel wedding with an Elvis impersonater singing while playing guitar music.
Hello virgode,

There are religious officials who will perform these types of ceremonies. There are even certain religions that will do it for gay couples in a state that doesn't recognize gay marriage.

Quote:
BTW, I fail to see the correlation between the topic and marriage licenses OR a prenup as insurance in case the marriage results in divorce.
All provide "peace of mind" and mitigation of worst case scenarios. Some people are risk averse or want to cover their bases.

Quote:
FWI, all men paying child support in my state of residence are entitled to DNA testing, and similar around the country.
This testing could take place years later, after the nonfather and child have already formed a strong bond based on deceit. Discovery of the truth can devastate both the child and father. My solution prevents this from occurring.

Also, courts have required the nonfather to continue paying support even after the DNA results, while allowing the biological father a pass.

Quote:
So, it simply comes down to a lack of trust in your own ability to chose a suitable partner, how sad for you.
Can't you simply counter the points raised, why the need for a personal attack? This topic isn't about me, it's a simple debate. I have no chance of being in this situation.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
In Sierra's defense, all the user names were showing up in the poll when you opened it initially, then they all disappeared and it went "private" with no clickable numbers. Now they are showing again.
That's weird. Can a mod weigh in on how we can keep this from happening? I want to poll to remain public for everyone.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,312,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Darn, I have to go back and find my poll on MindFu! I wanna know how many dudes wanted him!
Can't do it... Damn it! I thought it's because it's an already closed poll, but even on another new one here these numbers are not clickable. It's just a different version of the poll displaying the handles, but doing essentially the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
I wonder how many of the guys who voted yes are actually in sucessful relationships with women my guess would be.................

well you know
That goes without saying...

Old 02-09-2012, 11:50 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,117,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
Consider the DNA test a scientific way of showing this to a man. Why SHOULDN'T a woman opt for this in this case. It's irrefutable proof of fidelity (at least where it counted).
If he needs irrefutable proof of fidelity from a DNA test...why is he even in a long-term relationship or marriage.

Obviously he doesn't feel that it's monogomous so not only is he risking a pregnancy by not using protection, he's risking STD's as well. That's not very wise.

If you think there's a possiblity the soil is contaminated, why would you plant the seed there???

Old 02-09-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
Ugh. I think everyone who voted against the above policy needs to read this article. It's very long, but it gives perspective on the issue.

How DNA Testing Is Changing Fatherhood

If you still don't believe in early DNA testing after reading these crushing tales then you probably don't have a heart
Predicaments like this are ignored or the father will be ridiculed for "picking the wrong woman" because there is no logical argument against it. It's a perfect case of someone who doesn't think like we do and was still burned. Both the child and the father are going to be hurt long term by this.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:00 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,628,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Hello virgode,

There are religious officials who will perform these types of ceremonies. There are even certain religions that will do it for gay couples in a state that doesn't recognize gay marriage.

Has absolutely zip to do with DNA testing of children at birth.

Also, courts have required the nonfather to continue paying support even after the DNA results, while allowing the biological father a pass.

Where did you get the information? You'll need to post some reference links.

Can't you simply counter the points raised, why the need for a personal attack? This topic isn't about me, it's a simple debate. I have no chance of being in this situation.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Theres a difference between an observation and an attack and yes, it comes down to trust, whether it be you or anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships