Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 12:04 PM

6,800 posts, read 5,691,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
... so she can have "alone time" for about a week. We've had some difficult talks over the past week. She says I don't make her happy. She says I'm like "food with no nutrients." She says we have nothing in common. She says other people represent "life" and I represent "death." She says I give her a bottomless black hole in her soul.

She's obviously not happy with me but I want to make it work. We've been married 8 years. I love her. I know this sounds really screwed up, but should I go on the week long vacation by myself and give her some time?
YES. you should go.
If my wife were to tell me all those things, I don't think I would have waited for an invite to leave. Take some time away, perhaps longer than a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 12:14 PM

244 posts, read 253,736 times
Quote:
... so she can have "alone time" for about a week. We've had some difficult talks over the past week. She says I don't make her happy. She says I'm like "food with no nutrients." She says we have nothing in common. She says other people represent "life" and I represent "death." She says I give her a bottomless black hole in her soul.

She's obviously not happy with me but I want to make it work. We've been married 8 years. I love her. I know this sounds really screwed up, but should I go on the week long vacation by myself and give her some time?
First put a keystroke recorder program on the computer to see what she's up to. Maybe she has someone she wants to date without interruption or detection from you.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:18 PM

3,568 posts, read 4,423,993 times
Quote:
Well then, you guys don't even want to know what I have in store for her today. Let's just say it involves buying a new car (with removable top), an Indian silk scarf for those windy drives, cooking her favorite meal served with candles and roses, a long massage, and fresh homemade chocolates.
Oy vey!

Oy Vey!!

OY VEY!!!

Old 02-14-2012, 12:25 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,280,095 times
Quote:
The weak/easy thing to do is give up and walk away. I'm not doing that, especially if all I have to go on is mean words. The hard thing to do is fight for a relationship with a person you love. Sunday morning I made her breakfast in bed, took her shopping at the mall, and then to her favorite restaurant and a foreign film in the evening. I had a great day, and it added up to two times the fun at night.
I'm coming late to the party but I thought I'd chime in. You said you are introverted and she is extroverted. I am in a similar relationship and what works for us is that I let my partner go out and have his fun. What I mean by that is he goes out and socializes with his friends, plays his sports and leads a part of his own life. I stay home but will occasionally join him for beers with his friends or concerts. When I do join him, I have fun because I'm not pressured to do so all the time. We rarely fight -- but when we do its over silly stuff like doing the dishes and we both end up laughing.

If she still wants a week off I'd let her have that time. If you don't want to go anywhere than stay with relatives as others have suggested but do not stalk her or spy. This is based upon the statements you've made that you trust her.

Anyway, this became a long thread in short order so I may have missed some pertinent information. I wish you luck and I think you have the right attitude about not giving up easily-- but after that week you'll need to be prepared for anything.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:28 PM

526 posts, read 957,940 times
Quote:
Well then, you guys don't even want to know what I have in store for her today. Let's just say it involves buying a new car (with removable top), an Indian silk scarf for those windy drives, cooking her favorite meal served with candles and roses, a long massage, and fresh homemade chocolates.
So let me see if I got this right, in order for a woman to receive very expensive and romantic gifts on VD, all she had to do is being a complete Bytch, treat a man like dirt, and practically kick him out of the house for a few days while she enjoys some alone, or maybe not, time. I am so happy I visit this forum on a daily basis, there are things that money can't buy

Old 02-14-2012, 12:31 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,239,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
So let me see if I got this right, in order for a woman to receive very expensive and romantic gifts on VD, all she had to do is being a complete Bytch, treat a man like dirt, and practically kick him out of the house for a few days while she enjoys some alone, or maybe not, time. I am so happy I visit this forum on a daily basis, there are things that money can't buy
This only works on pushovers, cuckold's, and guys who get off on it....

Old 02-14-2012, 01:02 PM

3,181 posts, read 5,170,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
This only works on pushovers, cuckold's, and guys who get off on it....

Yeah, but look at the upside for her. If she threatens divorce or infidelity, she might get a new condo...He'll teach her! No ones going to push him around..

Scenario: Wife: Let's face it. It's just not working. I am just not into you anymore.

Man: I am having a hard time reading you. I really don't get what your saying? Do you want to move? You don't want to work, what is it?

Wife: It's you. I can't stand you. You make me sick.

Man: I have never loved you more. Wait til tomorrow.

Wife: What's tomorrow, you gonna leave? I wish you would. You make me sick!

Man: NO, I was actually going to surprise you with a new coat, purse (chanel), earings and a trip to Hawaii. Just to show my never ending love for you.

Women: Oh were you, you make me sick!

Man: Is that in a good way?

Women: Are there any good ways? God you make me sick! I need you to leave the house for a month so I don't have to keep sending my boyfriend home at four thirty. Got it?

Man: Ok, I'm sorry. I should be more understanding. I really want to understand your need for another man. I guess I was just kidding when I said that you had to choose.

Women: Die, you fool!

Man: Seriously???? If I do that, will you still love me?

BTW, Just kidding. Just trying to make light of it all. Try not to take to much offense to it..Just for laughs..A little over dramatization of the whole scenario..

Last edited by supermanpansy; 02-14-2012 at 01:27 PM..

Old 02-14-2012, 01:04 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,966,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
HA HA! He's gonna buy her a new car and you say "spinning your wheels" -- yes, I am VERY EASILY amused today
You caught that huh?

Old 02-14-2012, 01:08 PM

8,825 posts, read 7,347,954 times
Not surprised at all, I've come across so many "nice guys" being married to real B's.....they seem to like it and the B's are happy too because they have a place to wipe their feet...Treat a guy nice and he'll use you for everything you've got and then some, treat him like crap and he'll kiss your feet...

Old 02-14-2012, 01:36 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,087,318 times
This sort of behavior can go both ways. I'm sure we all know major jerks who are married to women who are too dumb and submissive for their own good.

I am honestly beginning to wonder if the OP is just a troll. Or a compulsive liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships