Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 01:40 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,617,387 times

Advertisements

SMH.

I'm a firm believer in open and brutally honest communication. That is not what is going on here at all.

When a woman can't stand to be with you and says things like that, she is either cheating or is seriously contemplating it, followed by leaving and not looking back. Sorry to say it, but that's the truth.

And your answer to this is to shower her with gifts and reward her for horrid behavior??

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 01:40 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,162,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
This sort of behavior can go both ways. I'm sure we all know major jerks who are married to women who are too dumb and submissive for their own good.

I am honestly beginning to wonder if the OP is just a troll. Or a compulsive liar.

I have to be honest. I was beginning to wonder that. You can't be that naive. Wife treats you like crap. Wants you to go on vacation with yourself. And what is your response. Golly Gee, I'll buy you a new car among other things...Something just doesn't add up. Then again, I have a backbone. Could it be that people are really this desparate? Makes me wonder.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:51 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,339,534 times
I was thinking that this is all a troll type post too but then there is that one chance that it's for real....

Old 02-14-2012, 01:58 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,070,631 times
If it's for real... then he must just be really afraid of being alone, afraid of her leaving him for another partner. Fear. That is the only reason I can think of for his behavior. There could be several reasons for her behavior, but I think fear is the real root of his.

And what he won't want to hear (if this is for real)... is that fear makes a man highly unattractive to most women. We want strong, confidant men. The only reason a woman would be attracted to a fearful, insecure man is if she needed someone she could control or abuse. And that is a recipe for trouble.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:00 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,339,534 times
and fear of being alone has made more people than we care to know, stay together for years and years

Old 02-14-2012, 02:00 PM

9,153 posts, read 14,803,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
So let me see if I got this right, in order for a woman to receive very expensive and romantic gifts on VD, all she had to do is being a complete Bytch, treat a man like dirt, and practically kick him out of the house for a few days while she enjoys some alone, or maybe not, time. I am so happy I visit this forum on a daily basis, there are things that money can't buy
Well, as someone pointed out, there are plenty of guys who treat women like dirt and yet they stay with them or even flock to them, so this is not just a guy thing.

As I mentioned, I am almost on the other side of this in my relationship right now and I still think its worth fighting for, though some serious discussion needs to be had about the words she used and what she meant. Also there's no way this works without some counseling too and seem long term changes, not just buying a new car and cruising the town.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:01 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,947,354 times
To the OP. First go see a lawyer, and get anything you really want out of the house and safe, as someplace like a friends house or parents. She could be planning on dumping you. You get home from your "vacation", and the house is cleaned out. Doesn't sound like she is taking steps to make your marriage better.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:48 PM

244 posts, read 253,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
To the OP. First go see a lawyer, and get anything you really want out of the house and safe, as someplace like a friends house or parents. She could be planning on dumping you. You get home from your "vacation", and the house is cleaned out. Doesn't sound like she is taking steps to make your marriage better.
Great catch!

Old 02-14-2012, 02:54 PM

96 posts, read 101,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
... so she can have "alone time" for about a week. We've had some difficult talks over the past week. She says I don't make her happy. She says I'm like "food with no nutrients." She says we have nothing in common. She says other people represent "life" and I represent "death." She says I give her a bottomless black hole in her soul.

She's obviously not happy with me but I want to make it work. We've been married 8 years. I love her. I know this sounds really screwed up, but should I go on the week long vacation by myself and give her some time?
If any woman I devoted 8 years of my life to said things like that to me, She would come home from work with all of her belongings on the front porch and a note telling her to stay the f**k out.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:23 PM

906 posts, read 1,813,464 times
No, I'm not a liar or a troll. And I'm not being motivated by fear. Rather, I was woken up by her words and threats. I am motivated by love and marriage covenants I made 8 years ago. It's not just the car I'm giving her. It's my time and my love and willingness to do whatever she needs me to do. Even if that means staying away if I'm smothering her. You can say no backbone, doormat, whatever. From what I've read, there are way too many people who give up at the slightest little bump in the road. I'm not giving up.

I know this isn't a religious forum, but Luke 6:27-28 says "Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships