Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 08:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,751,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southshorelady View Post
I won't tell you how to think. I was suggesting you step back and think about your words because they sounded a little crazy. I thought maybe you were just getting riled up by one poster and didn't mean what you said. I guess I was wrong. But please carry on...Who am I to stop you from portraying yourself as a scorned bitter woman with a very large chip on her shoulder. It's entertaining to say the least

All the best

sometimes I wonder what people expect to accomplish when they say things like that. it's obviously not to 'help' instead it's to add fire to the flames so in actuality you're no better then the next person here. so quit acting like you are. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 08:38 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,031,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
"I feel so bad, you keep paying all the time, would you like me to pay?"

"No, it's fine" <winks>

"Thank you"
This might be OK if you have been dating for sometime and are anticipating fun to happen later.

However, if this is a first date you should not be anticipating anything other than her having a good time with your company and a goodnight kiss.

A wink implies other things happening later that evening. Don't expect anything but her company and a good time.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I don't know anyone who won't take it personally when called a liar. I'm sorry you have had bad experiences with men. But I'm obligated to call you out with painting with such a broad brush... I've done it numerous times with the men here.

My favorite color is green.

good another person to jump on the bandwagon. what is the point seriously? Obviously it's not going to change my point of view on the matter (especially not with all the nice ways people are discussing the subject).

Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,771,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
This might be OK if you have been dating for sometime and are anticipating fun to happen later.

However, if this is a first date you should not be anticipating anything other than her having a good time with your company and a goodnight kiss.

A wink implies other things happening later that evening. Don't expect anything but her company and a good time.
I was trying to say I am not wired to ever accept if the woman is willing to pay, for the sake of social courtesy, in tune with the macro-sentiment on this thread. Whatever made you think I was looking for a stamp of approval, no less yours.

Chat thread must be slow tonight.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I was trying to say I am not wired to ever accept if the woman is willing to pay, for the sake of social courtesy, in tune with the macro-sentiment on this thread. Whatever made you think I was looking for a stamp of approval, no less yours.

I don't have a problem at all if you don't accept a woman's willingness to pay. I assume you have your own reasons for being that way. Clearly people have a problem here accepting others' opinions on matters.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:47 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,991,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
good another person to jump on the bandwagon. what is the point seriously? Obviously it's not going to change my point of view on the matter (especially not with all the nice ways people are discussing the subject).
And that is where people like me come in.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,031,146 times
Quote:

A wink says a thousand words.

All i gotta say.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
And that is where people like me come in.
i don't know what you mean by that.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:50 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,771,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't have a problem at all if you don't accept a woman's willingness to pay. I assume you have your own reasons for being that way. Clearly people have a problem here accepting others' opinions on matters.
She didn't force. She asked and I respectfully denied. And it's the second time on the same day. I lunched with her and I picked the tab. I think I have nothing against paying for the whole tab. I just get annoyed tipping the waiter every time. Ugh. But I still tipped him.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_frog View Post
a wink says a thousand words.

All i gotta say.
lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships