Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 02:12 PM

460 posts, read 673,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
So you’ve taken him out to dinners and things like that (you taking care of expenses) when you start dating, right?

Lots of women “offer” but not so many pay. I wouldn’t want to “try” to do house chores at home, I DO THEM. When a girl asks me out I don’t “offer” or “try”, I CONTRIBUTE. Same thing with them and some have even put their foot down letting me know that they WANT TO pay or they won’t enjoy going out again like that. I repeat, this is not good/bad, better or not, just the way you do your things and the way I do my things. Hey, as long as you and your guy are fine with it, right?

And you taking care of dating expenses (his and yours) wouldn’t be a problem either as well, right?
Sure I'd take care of his dating expenses. I just pay with my debit card that debits out of his account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 02:13 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,306,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Look, I don't care what your husband, exes, or the men who frequent this forum are. You're acting like you haven't heard people make comments about how scarce gentlemen are nowadays. If you don't believe that's the case, simply state it, because this has nothing to do with the people who frequent this forum.
Actually, I see a big disconnect between the way many men behave on these boards and my own experience. Sorry, but as others have pointed out, the extent to which a few people pizz and moan about who pays for what is grossly out of proportion to reality. All of this whining is the self-indulgent nattering of a mere handful of people with axes to grind, many (if not most) of whom have never managed to form a steady relationship.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:20 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,181,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
for me its not about being generous or cheap or anything. its a sign of whether or not he's interested in me. you know the classic "is this a date date?" kind of thing. if he wanted to go dutch i wouldn't jump to assume anything bad about him- i would just assume he wasn't that into me. accordingly, if i was not interested in him i would refuse to let him pay for me because i wouldnt want him to get the wrong idea, either.
So if a man wants to go dutch, that means he's not interested? Good lord!.

How about he's just not desperate for a piece of ass. A lot of these men out here are lame, so yeah they have to spend all their money to get a women to spend time with them. I'f I go dutch with a women on a date, that doesn't mean I'm 'not interested'. It means I don't know you well enough to be spending all my damn money you. I'f I buy dinner, she better damn well have her purse ready if we go do something else like go to the movies or go to a bar or something. And if she had a problem with that then she can go kick rocks for all I care. TOO many women out here to be wasting time with somebody with a entitlement complex.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:23 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,063,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Actually, I see a big disconnect between the way many men behave on these boards and my own experience.
Yes. Only on HERE do I read this stuff. Luckily, for these men though, there are women that will oblige. I won't, but it's good that there are others who will.

Quote:
Sorry, but as others have pointed out, the extent to which a few people pizz and moan about who pays for what is grossly out of proportion to reality. All of this whining is the self-indulgent nattering of a mere handful of people with axes to grind, many (if not most) of whom have never managed to form a steady relationship.
I agree with this as well. I'm really wondering if any of these "dutch" dates for the men lead to second ones. I'm sure for the women it would since the guy knows he doesn't have to pay for her and she'll probably even pay HIS way if he claims to be "low" on funds.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post

How about he's just not desperate for a piece of ass. A lot of these men out here are lame, so yeah they have to spend all their money to get a women to spend time with them.
Not true. At least not with the ones I go out with. They are far from LAME.

"Lame" to me = cheap = pathetic = scrub.

Quote:
It means I don't know you well enough to be spending all my damn money you.
How much is "too much"? Just curious.

Quote:
I'f I buy dinner, she better damn well have her purse ready if we go do something else like go to the movies or go to a bar or something. And if she had a problem with that then she can go kick rocks for all I care.
How old are you? Are you over 21? You sound like a teenager working at McDonalds.

Quote:
TOO many women out here to be wasting time with somebody with a entitlement complex.
ROFLMAO!!!! Yes!! I absolutely agree!!!

You go get those women who don't feel they are "entitled". They are EVERYWHERE. Apparently.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:30 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,185,577 times
Quote:

How about he's just not desperate for a piece of ass. A lot of these men out here are lame, so yeah they have to spend all their money to get a women to spend time with them. I'f I go dutch with a women on a date, that doesn't mean I'm 'not interested'. It means I don't know you well enough to be spending all my damn money you. I'f I buy dinner, she better damn well have her purse ready if we go do something else like go to the movies or go to a bar or something. And if she had a problem with that then she can go kick rocks for all I care. TOO many women out here to be wasting time with somebody with a entitlement complex.
well like i said in my post after that, it never happens so yea i would assume something had gone wrong. i guess i just don't date cool enough guys

Old 02-17-2012, 02:32 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,323,916 times
Can we please just summarize the past 65 pages...

Men who don't pay or ask to split (according to women who don't offer):
"socially awkward"
"pathetic"
"scrub"
"cheap"
"un-romantic"

Women who expect men to pay and be "pampered":
"spoiled"
"entitled"
"brat"
"High-maintenance"

Okay that sums it up. Everyone should be up to speed.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:34 PM

460 posts, read 673,778 times
Quote:

Why is it all about getting a "piece of ass." Maybe that's your MO, but I assure you that not all guys are solely looking for that from their dates.

If I were your date, I'd be happy to go kick rocks. Not because you won't pay but mainly because your bitter 'tude is repulsive.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Can we please just summarize the past 65 pages...

Men who don't pay or ask to split (according to women who don't offer):
"socially awkward"
"pathetic"
"scrub"
"cheap"
"un-romantic"

Women who expect men to pay and be "pampered"
"spoiled"
"entitled"
"brat"
"High-maintenance"

Okay that sums it up. Everyone should be up to speed.
You forgot to add:

Women who expect men to pay and be "pampered"
"gold diggers"
"prostitutes"
"unemployed"
"student"
"low income worker"
"temporary worker"

I don't know all about that "pampered" stuff on a FIRST DATE though, but everything else is about right.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:36 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,323,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

I don't know all about that "pampered" stuff on a FIRST DATE though, but everything else is about right.
Took quotes from the op and her stepford wife drones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships