Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 10:48 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Do I tip my wife when she brings me a hot plate with food every supper?

<taking notes>

I'll shove 10 bucks into her cleavage. I could use a booby bank. Piggy banks are too expensive and I'm allegedly cheap.
Nice deflection there, Scooter. I'm sure your wife is likely the one who pays for it every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 10:49 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I think it's a class oriented behavior (in the US). That's where the expecation comes from. If you're of questionable class, or perhaps character, then you might not tip. And you certainly wouldn't care. For those who do care, eh, go figure.
Its also of questionable intelligence to speak on something you have no knowledge. Where did I say I didn't tip? And your right, I don't care what you people do in your meaningless lifes. I don't care if a person tips a 100 dollars like Denzel Washington or if the person leaves no tip. Its none of my business, I usually have more important things to worry about.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:49 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Do I tip my wife when she brings me a hot plate with food every supper?

<taking notes>

I'll shove 10 bucks into her cleavage.
People at restaurants are not serving you because they care if you're hungry or if you starve. They only do it for the money. That might be the case with your wife, but hopefully she's bringing you food because she cares about you (unlike everyone else).

Old 02-13-2012, 10:54 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
It apparently is because if you believe people typically get what they give, then the waiters must have gotten little to no tip because they are shyty people. I'm just part of the bigger puzzle.
"What comes around goes around" is an old adage that existed long before I was around. Amazing that it's foreign to you.

Quote:
If they really cared about waiters starving or having difficulty eating three square meals.
Starving? I'm not sure what you're going on about. Leaving the tip takes care of any worry about not leaving the tip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Its also of questionable intelligence to speak on something you have no knowledge. Where did I say I didn't tip? And your right, I don't care what you people do in your meaningless lifes. I don't care if a person tips a 100 dollars like Denzel Washington or if the person leaves no tip. Its none of my business, I usually have more important things to worry about.
First off, you are in no position to charge the intelligence of any one. Second, Mr. Smarty pants, did I say you didn't tip? I noted it's a matter of class in response to your post. Only you know whether it applies to you or not.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:55 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,187 times
let me spell it out for all you aholes who don't tip:

tips= To Insure Proper Service.

Thus if you don't tip...I hope you get your food pooped on next time you go out to eat becuse you sure did not insure proper service!

I waitressed for 6 years! Most of that time was a retirement home so I was not allowed to accept tips but in the restaurant..it was worse. I cannot tell you how many times I gave great service to needy tables and they only tipped me 1-5% percent of their bill. SO insulting! I'm broke as a joke but when I go out to eat, I always tip at least 20% and it always irritates me when my friends calculate on their cell phone calculator how specific their tips need to be. I try to tell them at least 2 bucks for every 10 dollars that their meal cost but they still don't get it. irritates the eff out of me!

Old 02-13-2012, 10:58 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Maybe he wasn't impressed with the service or he doesn't really believe in tipping.

I personally don't tip unless the service is impressive.
People who "don't believe in tipping" are nothing other than cheap. Like it or not, service people's wage is less because of the expectation of tipping. If the service is sub par, then ok. Otherwise people who don't believe in tipping should be people who don't beleive in eating in sit down restaurants.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:58 AM

664 posts, read 773,862 times
Threads like this just serve to remind me why I don't date women. Incredible, that in 2012 with women's "lib' we still have women for god's sake saying crap like "men have roles" in regards to paying for dates. Yes, it's nice to know that that's all that women see men for, a walking wallet. **** that, I'm not playing by those rules.

He's not "romantic" or "chivalrous", as if paying for a date is romantic or chivalrous. Spend money on me and I'll think you're romantic. Really nice, that's what you want to teach your daughters.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
No YOU'RE the one with the "issue" not HER.

Men have ROLES and just because you let them treat YOU like garbage doesn't mean other women will.
How can we demand equality in the workplace when people still have attitudes like this? I would never date a man who required or expected paying for dates.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:01 AM

130 posts, read 466,298 times
Default I cant.

I dont have time to read through all these posts but um...dutch on the first date is tacky and so is a grown man leaving a $1 tip. Sorry people.

If finances are an issue he should have invited you out for coffee so you guys could chat and get to know one another a little better. That way he could better assess if you were worth the "investment" of a real date. And if he can't afford to buy you a cup of coffee he should probably be concentrating on getting his life together and not dating.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I'm curious to know what she thinks her 'role' is?

For some odd reason, I don't think ironing clothes and vaccuming is going to go over too well with her...
He pays for dinner, she puts out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships