Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 01:27 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,821,885 times

Advertisements

And by the way, I hope people can differentiate between overweight and fat and obese.

Becoz according to overweight folks and their empathizers, all of those are overweight. It's the biggest scam pulled on men - between a truthfully curvy girl and Gilbert Grape's mom, everyone's overweight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 01:37 PM

526 posts, read 958,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
And by the way, I hope people can differentiate between overweight and fat and obese.

Becoz according to overweight folks and their empathizers, all of those are overweight. It's the biggest scam pulled on men - between a truthfully curvy girl and Gilbert Grape's mom, everyone's overweight.
Would you care to expand on this? Is there a "weight limit" or "cut off" or "criteria"? I know what obese is, but what is the difference to YOU between someone who's overweight and someone who's fat? I thought they were both the same, "fat" being just a more cruel "adjective."

Old 02-14-2012, 01:47 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,821,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
Would you care to expand on this? Is there a "weight limit" or "cut off" or "criteria"? I know what obese is, but what is the difference to YOU between someone who's overweight and someone who's fat? I thought they were both the same, "fat" being just a more cruel "adjective."
I personally consider 25-50 lbs as overweight. I refuse to call these women fat only becoz it maligns my preferences. One girl I know is 5 8 and she looks just fine. By her own admission, she was like 30ish pounds over. But her height does the trick.

50-75lbs is definitely fat.

Anything above 75 is definitely obese.

They are liberal, coz I'm biased towards curvy women who have weight in the right places and to me, they come off as more gorgeous and feminine than fit women.

But if the girl were 5 1 and she were even 30 pounds overweight, she's still gonna look like a miniature football buddha, so height's key.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:49 PM

29,804 posts, read 34,633,730 times
Do these women have periodic weigh-ins so you know they're within your parameters, or do you trust them? It just sounds like you like them bigger so you have something to lord over them, man.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:50 PM

526 posts, read 958,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
I personally consider 25-50 lbs as overweight. I refuse to call these women fat only becoz it maligns my preferences. One girl I know is 5 8 and she looks just fine. By her own admission, she was like 30ish pounds over. But her height does the trick.

50-75lbs is definitely fat.

Anything above 75 is definitely obese.

They are liberal, coz I'm biased towards curvy women who have weight in the right places and to me, they come off as more gorgeous and feminine than fit women.

But if the girl were 5 1 and she were even 30 pounds overweight, she's still gonna look like a miniature football buddha, so height's key.
SO if the woman's weight discredits your preference, then she's fat

LOL @ the miniature football buddha comment

Old 02-14-2012, 01:50 PM

994 posts, read 1,686,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankstudy View Post
My heart nearly broke when my woman told me not not to buy her clothes because she said, " I gained some weight and am self-conscious about it." How should a boyfriend reply? It has to be one of the most common, and worst situations to be in.
Perhaps you should have looked at her for a bit, then looked her in the eyes and say something along the lines of * I know you gained a bit of weight but perhaps I can help you shed a few pounds by working out with you and once you feel better about yourself we can go shop for something as a reward

Old 02-14-2012, 01:57 PM

16 posts, read 47,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Perhaps you should have looked at her for a bit, then looked her in the eyes and say something along the lines of * I know you gained a bit of weight but perhaps I can help you shed a few pounds by working out with you and once you feel better about yourself we can go shop for something as a reward
Excellent comment, I think. I hope to use it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships