Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 12:11 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,178,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So,no one else aged prematurely?

Come on,admit it.

But,It always seem to be women who tell me this,so could it something else,and maybe I don't look older?
In my head,I don't. But,I think I look my age but so many people my age look younger and so I guess that screwed it for us who do look 30.
No offense but I am 38..my pic is on my profile as well on here on CD.. I have always been pegged as younger, I have smoked, I drink socially but I also work out, I do facials weekly, get a massage a deep one once a month, and do detox every week.

My mother has told me that I must have good genes ( native american side)
Point in fact last week I went to meet my son’s teacher ( he is in hs) 15 years old and his teacher was standing right in front of me and asked him “Is your mom here?” I waved my hand and she stated “Ohhh, I am sorry, you looked like one of the students” really?
I get carded all the time..ugg.
But I have “genetic” bags, all of the kids do as well. I can sleep 13 hours a night and I will have little bags, eww.
I hd a friend whom was my hair stylist that has these as well and she stated even her father had surgery to take care of these..
I have found that sometimes it does not matter what you eat, what you do to your body ( positive or negative) genetics take hold and do not let go..
Dark circles? Trish McEvoy highlighter and corrector loose powder ( I swear by it) you can find it on EBAY starting at 4.95 ( At Macy’s or sephoras it starts at 49.99)
Clinique even better corrector lotion. All dark circles are little veins breaking and leaving bruises under your eyes.
As far as the lines? A good mask weekly, a awesome moisturizer ( clinique or Sue Levitt)
Last resort? Botox or collagen injections..
NEVER give up..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 01:06 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,515,635 times
Well I can guess that the dark circles come from you working so hard and probably not getting the sleep that you need. Maybe go to a new hair salon and see if you can get a new hairdo, maybe a new color or highlights. If you feel better about yourself it will show on the outside.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:34 AM

9,018 posts, read 13,874,155 times
People from my ethinicity seem to get dark cirles big time.
Now I have 2 other problems: laugh lines getting a little deep.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,313,855 times
Quote:
Is there anything I can do about it?

I know some people are lucky to look younger,but I'm unlucky in just about everything,esp looks. Lately I have been told I look 40. I'm 29.
People are always asking me What's wrong?
Or saying I look sick,or angry.

I have dark cirles and deep laugh lines,and makeup isn't helping eiither anymore.
Even dressing younger doesn't help.
What's worse,I never do things that can age me. I never did drugs,don't smoke,but I overeat from time to time,but who doesn't? The only thing I may have did wrong was work 2 full time and 1 part time job at the same time for 3 years.
What's a woman to do?
You're going through what's called hitting the wall, here's some advice that I can give to you that will help accentuate some of your other features.

1. Make sure you get a full 8 hours of sleep, no more hanging out past 12, 1 am.

2. Workout, workout, workout. I saw that you mentioned overeating, well you don't want to become synonymous with "large and in charge". A good deal of the people around you may be overweight but that doesn't make it acceptable. A healthy weight is indicative of good lifestyle choices.

3. Keep your hair long and flowing.

There's other things that I could mention, but people catch feelings on here too much. Just follow those three things and you'll be just fine.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:14 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,549,604 times
lol, I know people say it online all the time, but in my case is true: i DO look younger than my age. Mainly cause i havent age: i dont have any wrinkles or expression lines or the lines that form around the eyes when you laugh. I turned 30 this year and i have the same face than when i was 22...no difference. Thats why people think im 22. I think i ll eventually age, wrinkles will appear, and people will be able to tell my real age. For now, when i tell them they are SHOCKED. People went as far as thinking i was still in highschool because i have baby face. Anyways, i guess is gentic.But i also think most people that are around the same age (29-30-31) do look younger cause, lets get real, nobody gets wrinkles or truly age at that age. At least most people i know that are 29-30, they look younger than that. The number sounds bad (30) but in reality you dont look much different as when you were 25. Actually, you look the same, except thinner or fatter but thats up to you.

Meanwhile, In high school i had a classmate that looked like she was 54...she had wrinkles and everything at.....13!

Old 05-12-2012, 06:16 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,844,837 times
BEING a thousand years old- I really don't know much about ageing.....all I know is being a human being is proof of God's horrific and sadistic sense of humor-------baby--------eternal child- teenager- young handsome vital adult..........older guy----bit older than average---skin starts whither---and like a flower- you brown out and poop your pants.. What a jerk that God guy is....I wonder if he smirks as he sees his angels turn too dust?

Old 05-12-2012, 06:23 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,572,159 times
Quote:
People from my ethinicity seem to get dark cirles big time.
Now I have 2 other problems: laugh lines getting a little deep.
Try sonic microdermabrasion like Clarsonic or Pretika plus a good moisturizer and drink lots of water.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:51 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,897,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Try sonic microdermabrasion like Clarsonic or Pretika plus a good moisturizer and drink lots of water.
The water makes a HUGE difference. HUGE difference.

I'm a guy, and I'm far from prissy, but around the time I was 25, I noticed that I was starting to get some pretty dark circles and bags under my eyes, and felt like it made me look like I was in my mid-to-late 30's, at least. I'd let myself go a bit and had a pretty poor diet, quit exercising as often as I had been, etc.

The biggest thing that helped was cutting out sugary drinks and salty foods, and increasing my water intake. After a couple weeks of that and a facial cleanser, they went away. You can also hold a bag of ice against them for awhile; doing this regularly over time can reduce them.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:43 PM

7,453 posts, read 13,446,893 times
Am 34, get mistaken for 25.....the better you look after yourself the more this is likely. Diet, exercise, sleep etc. Though some of it is genetics too.

Last edited by dave nz; 05-12-2012 at 08:02 PM..

Old 05-12-2012, 08:02 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,694,807 times
What is it about this topic that leads to so many delusional people stepping forth? To this day I have yet to see a pic of a "10 years younger" looking person that actually fit the bill. I hear that I look 10 years younger all of the time too, but I now understand that it is nothing more than another way to say, "You look really good." The "younger" part is pure flattery because we live in a youth-obsessed culture. We cling to it because it makes us feel better about ourselves and about the aging process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships