Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 11:19 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Hey I'm a man in his mid twenties who is married to a wonderful woman who I am very attracted to. My problem is that I have a very strong attraction to a particular type of woman that my wife is not. To avoid confusion I will simply say that I am extremely attracted to cute asian women which my wife is not. The group is not the focus in this topic it's the fact that I'm extremely attracted to a group my wife can never be a apart of. I love her and I find her very attractive and sexy but when I see a cute, attractive asian woman approach me, my heart races and I get nervous. I hate it and I'm glad this hasn't happened in front of my wife but I don't know how to stop it. I usually just walk away or stay busy to avoid excessive glances in her direction but I need a better solution. I want to rid myself of this somehow. Yes I know attraction isn't a choice but I love my wife and even distractions like that make me feel guilty. Any ideas? I will never leave the happy life I have with my wife just to pursue pointless desires that arise once in a blue. It's like leaving my beautiful house to spend one night in a flashy expensive hotel just to realize I lost my house because of it.
Sound like most men, including myself at that age. It gets old quick, you'll survive just remember not to look and incriminate yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 11:22 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Why did you get married OP?

Be honest

Old 01-04-2015, 12:21 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times
Quote:
Hey I'm a man in his mid twenties who is married to a wonderful woman who I am very attracted to. My problem is that I have a very strong attraction to a particular type of woman that my wife is not. To avoid confusion I will simply say that I am extremely attracted to cute asian women which my wife is not. The group is not the focus in this topic it's the fact that I'm extremely attracted to a group my wife can never be a apart of. I love her and I find her very attractive and sexy but when I see a cute, attractive asian woman approach me, my heart races and I get nervous. I hate it and I'm glad this hasn't happened in front of my wife but I don't know how to stop it. I usually just walk away or stay busy to avoid excessive glances in her direction but I need a better solution. I want to rid myself of this somehow. Yes I know attraction isn't a choice but I love my wife and even distractions like that make me feel guilty. Any ideas? I will never leave the happy life I have with my wife just to pursue pointless desires that arise once in a blue. It's like leaving my beautiful house to spend one night in a flashy expensive hotel just to realize I lost my house because of it.

I think part of the problem is that you committed to early. You should have gotten that out of your system before you got married. I'm pretty sure most people are going to condemn your attraction but its not something you can control. I'm going to be frank with you and honest. Your just going to have to get out of your system. You married to early and your have chemical and biological urges. Nature is going to win. Just cheat a few times and get it out of your system. Make sure your wife never finds out. Make sure you practice "safe sex".

You can still love someone and cheat on them.

If you do not decide to get out of your system the problems will start to subconscious arise in your relationship. The longer your married the stronger your urges will get.

I have nearly the same problem. I know exactly what you are going through. I find asian women the most attractive but their not of my race. I try to ignore it but its only making it worse.

It's never going to go away. You don't choose who your PHYSICALLY attracted to. Nature does. Go out, cheat a few times and get it out of your system. Once your not curious anymore on what it would be like it will at least subside and never do it again.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:23 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
OP, you married too young and probably got married without having lived life to the fullest before tying the knot. I suggest you get some marriage counseling, and if that doesn't work out, maybe think about getting a divorce so that you can fulfill all your urges and desires before remarrying in your late 30s or early 40s (if you choose to do so).

What is marriage counseling going to do? He has a PHYSICAL attraction towards ASIAN women. He doesn't have a problem with his wife. He has urges.

He just needs to get the urges out of his system. He doesn't have to divorce. Sex and Love are not the same thing.

It's not the answer he probably wanted to hear but its the truth. I wish I didn't have to use the bathroom. I wish I didn't have to eat in order to survive. I wish I didn't have to breathe to live. Guess what nature wins and I have to all those things.

He is wired to asian women. It's going to drive him insane. His best bet is to get it out of his system.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 543 times
Smile updates?

So OP, I have read the thread and other threads you started and I am curious if you are still together with your wife? Your answer will be very valuable because I am going through a similar stage in my life and experience is the best teacher.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:54 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
We can't always have whatever exotic look turns us on. And remember, that one reason you married your wife, is for her character. You have no idea what those random Asian women are like. The good news, is that you do appreciate your wife for her qualities. Just keep telling yourself, your attraction to the Asian women is a superficial thing, vs. what you have with your wife is much deeper.

Aedit: Oh no! I fell for another necro-thread. Oh well; will keep my response up, as it may help the "new" OP.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:21 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
More bumpage of dormant threads.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:26 PM

999 posts, read 553,800 times
No matter who you choose, you'll be missing out on someone else. This is why I don't really think humans are suited to lifelong monogamy, but whatever. It's a personal choice. If you're going to choose to be married, then choose it. Being married doesn't mean never being attracted to anyone else. You most certainly WILL be attracted to other people. Being married means you don't act on it.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:40 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
More bumpage of dormant threads.
This was a good one. I like how his user name comes from an anime character. I think anime has a lot to do with modern Asian fetishes, as well a K-pop. Now K-pop is found to be entangled in sex trafficking.

I would have asked what OP's wife, probably ex-wife now, looks like. lol.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:33 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
I realize this is an old thread, and blah blah blah...but IMO, maybe if he'd just told his wife that he finds Asian women to be hot, she would've been understanding, and MAYBE it would've deflated all the angst.

Being attracted to someone doesn't mean you have to give in to urges or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships