Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:36 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,062,254 times

Advertisements

I only date sugar mammas. She has to make a lot of money, and spend some on me. Papa needs his rent paid! Of course these women are ugly and old, but a guy has to do what a guy has to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 09:37 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,206,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I know you were not singling me out as you quoted several posters. but that other guy just made my point so good nite. LOL.
Debt/bad credit are completely different from how much she makes. She could make a ton and still be in tons of debt. A woman could make very little but have very little (if any) commitments, bills, or be debt-free.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:46 PM

297 posts, read 727,056 times
I don't care how much money anyone else makes. I don't ask.

If they are going hungry or something like that, then I want to know.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,198,855 times
When I worked at the front desk at a gym - I would get hit on all the time by the members. Some of them had actually talked to me and knew that this was just my "day" job but others had never spoken a word to me before. So, it seems that money is not really that important to at least some men!

Old 02-19-2012, 10:16 PM

10,177 posts, read 20,803,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post

You're speaking for "a lot of guys" and "not all, but many". Speak for yourself....
Trust me, I wouldn't attempt to speak for you or anyone else, I am speaking from personal observation.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:26 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,141,989 times
Yes, men care about money. Most won't be so crass as to admit it, lest they be judged as gigolos. But there are both male and female golddiggers out there!

Old 02-19-2012, 10:27 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,924,119 times
When it comes to just dating a woman, I couldn't care less about how much money she makes or what her educational background is. I'm an attorney turned management consultant, but I'd have no problem dating a waitress, a bartender, a secretary, an unemployed woman, a college drop out who works retail, etc. For me, all that matters when it comes to dating is that the woman have at least one or two physical attributes that I like and that she's fun to be around.

However, when it comes to marriage, I wouldn't marry a woman without a college degree (although there are exceptions) nor would I marry a woman who doesn't have six-figure earning potential. It might sound shallow, but I don't want all the financial responsiblities on me and prefer a woman who can greatly contribute financially if necessary.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:29 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,125,990 times
Well I wouldn't marry a woman JUST for a money if I wasn't into her at all. Dating? It's tempting to have a rich woman shower you with gifts, but you probably have to be really hot or just as rich anyway. Either way I'm not a materialistic guy so money is not a big factor in general for me. It would be a bonus, but what job you have or what car you drive have zero effect on how desirable I find you. I'd expect you would think the same of me.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:35 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,125,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
This is absolutely true. I dated a couple of REALLY hot Sophia Vergara/Dayana Mendoza type fast food drive through cashiers in my day. Because the were HOT HOT HOT!!! Most of us men, would date a smoking hot cashier if she's hot, but women would absolutely NOT do it even if the guy looked like George Clooney.

I dont care how much money she has or makes, but I do put some weight into if she's in debt or not. Says a lot about a woman's character if she's struggling ot pay bills or has a lot of outstanding credit card debt.
So most girls would turn down Leo/Jack in 'Titanic' because he was poor? I beg to differ...I wonder how many would have chosen Cal, assuming they didn't know what a dick he was?

For me appearances is only the thing that attracts at the start. If there's no substance, or if what is underneath is bad, then doesn't matter how rich or poor you are I'm not interested. A pretty face loses it's novelty very quickly: all it is is something nice to look at. Money, too, loses it's novelty. When you buy yachts like you buy TV dinners, surely the excitement wears off? I remember as a kid getting so excited about getting a new video game. Today even a new car wouldn't produce that same fresh-eyed enthusiasm.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:45 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,513,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I had a debate with a friend so I'm wanting to set the record straight.

True or False:

1. When it comes to dating a woman men care about how much money she makes?

2. When it comes to marrying a woman men care about how much money she makes?
1. False. I care about how she manages her finances on what she earns and what she does with it.

2. False. See #1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships