Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 04:40 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,954,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
He talks like he can't stop staying in contact with this women in other words he can't help himself. Until he stops cold turkey he's playing with fire. Sooner or later girl B is going to figure it out. If she finds out she won't stick around for him.
In any case, he'll get what's coming to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 04:41 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,947,606 times
Quote:
He talks like he can't stop staying in contact with this women in other words he can't help himself. Until he stops cold turkey he's playing with fire. Sooner or later girl B is going to figure it out. If she finds out she won't stick around for him. I can't see a women sticking around with a guy who has the hotts for another. He has shuned everyone who had tried to give him some advice. I'm starting to believe he wants them both if he can have it.
I definitely agree with the bolded part. I hope the rest isn't true.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:49 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,287,313 times
Quote:
He talks like he can't stop staying in contact with this women in other words he can't help himself. Until he stops cold turkey he's playing with fire. Sooner or later girl B is going to figure it out. If she finds out she won't stick around for him. I can't see a women sticking around with a guy who has the hotts for another. He has shuned everyone who had tried to give him some advice. I'm starting to believe he wants them both if he can have it.
It doesn't seem like he's guilty of anything.

Minus his obsessive thoughts, this is pretty much an everyday situation.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:57 PM

188 posts, read 304,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Excellent point. This is probably the most destructive way your mind sets you up for failure and disappointment in relationships.
In psychiatry there is actually a pejorative word for obsessing too much over someone who will never love you back. I think it is called masochism or something and a masochist is basically someone who "loves" pain.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:04 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,136,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Some of you aren't even giving him a chance. I don't get it.

Why not let him stop texting woman A first & see if that works before writing him off ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Some of these replies are a little harsh, I think.

How do you know there's no chance for "Woman B" ? If he were able to get the thoughts of "Woman A" out of his head, things with "Woman B" could become great.

I don't understand why he needs to dump someone he cares about at this time. Sure, he should have waited before starting a relationship with "Woman B", but it's too late for "should haves".

What he needs to do is completely stop texting "Woman A" now, and if he can't stop doing that, then clearly he's no good for "Woman B". But I think at this point, it's too early to come to that conclusion.
Just reading this. Thanks for the advice.

I've completely erased Woman A from all of my facebook and phone contacts. Hopefully I'll never have to deal with her again in my life. Not that she was all that bad. I just wanted her to be something she wasn't.

I read something awhile ago that said, "Immediately cut contact with women who reject you, and only if they contact you first consider friendship". It sounded great, unfortunately, I couldn't follow it. The pull was too strong.

I realize now just how great of a person Woman B is and how lucky I am to have a person who cares for me and treats me as a friend the way she does.

If I do decide to let her go, I'll be the one who will be devastated.

Thanks for the advice.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:48 AM

395 posts, read 708,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Months ago, I fell pretty hard for a co-worker of mine who I spent a lot of time with. Let's call her Woman A. When I went for her, she subsequently rejected me. It messed me up pretty bad.

I decided to subsequently limit contact with her and start dating other women. I also no longer work at that place.

One of the women I started dating really took a liking to me and I like her too. She is really sweet and I like many things about her. She is my girlfriend now and has been since the new year. Let's call her Woman B.

Here's the problem. I cannot get Woman A out of my head. I think about her all the time. I think about her more than my girlfriend, I think about her while I'm having sex with my girlfriend. While I'm taking my girlfriend to Valentine's Day dinner, thoughts come into my head of what it would be like to be there with Woman A. Like just thinking about Woman A with clothes on makes me sexually aroused. It's REALLY bad. And it's not like there's a big difference between them in physical attractiveness. There isn't.

At first, I was just like, it's stupid emotional residue, it'll fade. But it has not. It's been over four months. I do keep in contact with Woman A, but it's very limited. Only text or facebook maybe once a month. I try really hard to block it out. It bothers me a lot that I can't stop thinking about her and it's not really fair to my girlfriend either (though she has no clue).

I guess this is more of a vent. I am not going to break up with my girlfriend. But anybody ever in a similar situation could chime in.
depends if they feeling fades with time (weeks / months), if it doesn't it could be unhealthy.

ask your girlfriend if she thinks of any guys when you guys are intimate with one another, but then again you'll never know if she doesn't tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships