Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 11:38 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,963,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Men age like a fine wine and women age like a bowl of mayonnaise in death valley, no offense ladies.

Does your computer table double as your kitchen counter? Just curious.

I spend at least 15-18 hours a day on the pc. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in front of the pc. I need tobasco sauce there because I need it for my eggs when I eat breakfast; sugar for my coffee. I cannot eat unless I am in front of my pc (I like to eat while reading forums etc at the same time). Why put it on the kitchen table when I am always in front of the computer? I like to have it within reach so I don't have to get up. So basically it resembles a kitchen table cause I eat every single meal in front of my computer.... plus I'm on it like 18 hrs a day. I work in front of the pc but I also "play" in my off time on the pc (reading forums) and eating while surfing etc. The PC to me is ; work time, free time and meal time. My day is centered around it.

Last edited by jackie100; 04-24-2012 at 11:57 PM..

Old 04-26-2012, 12:21 AM

395 posts, read 707,972 times
I would say that a woman that is not the total package (mentally, physically aging gracefully and a great personality) is probably past or near her prime if all she uses are her physical charms to attain her goals or project her attractiveness. There is no preset age, as ppl all age differently.

Women who are well rounded and intelligent and attractive inside and outside have many more options as they age, bc they are a rarer breed. Successful men who are also the total package and are looking for something more than just arm candy may express interest/desire for such women (talking about women in the 30, 40, etc...pls don't bring up 80 year olds, that's not what i'm talking about).

In addition, even if these women are married in relationships, they will tend to have more successful relationships than just arm candy relationships.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:28 AM

395 posts, read 707,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I spend at least 15-18 hours a day on the pc. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in front of the pc. I need tobasco sauce there because I need it for my eggs when I eat breakfast; sugar for my coffee. I cannot eat unless I am in front of my pc (I like to eat while reading forums etc at the same time). Why put it on the kitchen table when I am always in front of the computer? I like to have it within reach so I don't have to get up. So basically it resembles a kitchen table cause I eat every single meal in front of my computer.... plus I'm on it like 18 hrs a day. I work in front of the pc but I also "play" in my off time on the pc (reading forums) and eating while surfing etc. The PC to me is ; work time, free time and meal time. My day is centered around it.
If you are sitting on your desk for such a prolonged period of time, you are increasing your risk of varicose veins....or you will develope varicose veins with high certainty before the age of 40. (just a estimate).

So it's good to get up and go for a walk with the dog or just say hi to your neighbours while giving your legs a rest. That way you'll give your mind a rest and your body a rest. Plus socializing helps increase life expectancy, while introverts (no insinuations) decrease one's life expectancy.

Good luck

Old 04-26-2012, 12:46 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,200,912 times
Default is a woman "past her prime" at and after 25 years?

No way. She's just getting started at 40. Especially when she puts on a little weight around the hips/thighs and adds a little more luggage to the trunk. She's just getting warmed up!!

Old 04-26-2012, 03:17 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,859,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
Oh Lord if we're past our prime at 25 then I must be ancient at 37. And I sure as hell don't look it or feel it either.

Funny thing is a woman hits her prime in her 30's. (You know which prime I mean ). If anything guys I know are more into dating older women than younger ones, so not sure which guys you're consulting. They find younger women too air headed, unstable, immature and materialistic.

It also depends on how you've taken care of yourself like others stated. If all you did was drink all the time, smoke, party, tan and starve yourself, then don't be surprised if you hit 30 looking 40.

Stop buying into the hype. And if guys you meet only want 21 year olds, you don't want them anyway because those guys are still immature and overcompensating.
Well, I turned 35 this year. Depite the fact that I'm 20 or so pounds heavier, I think I look better than I did in high school, and I'm not delusional - I had several people say the same thing.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:28 PM

102,250 posts, read 108,166,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
with the quarterlife crisis comes another for twenty five year old girls everywhere; fear of fading youth. though technically we have 5 more years of perky youthfulness on our side, it is hard to look sideways when the men we want to date seem to bypass us for the freshly blossomed 21 year olds joining the dating pool.
so what do you, smart nerdy men at city-data think of 25 year old girls? Are they past their prime?How at this point in their life should they be navigating the dating pool to capitalize most of whats left of their beauty and youth?
I can't believe anyone's worried about their fading youth at 25. I've never heard of that. No one is passing up 25-year olds for 21 year-olds. What kind of environment do you live in? What is causing this perception?

"Capitalize on what's left of their beauty and youth"? Is this serious?

Old 04-26-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
Well, I turned 35 this year. Depite the fact that I'm 20 or so pounds heavier, I think I look better than I did in high school, and I'm not delusional - I had several people say the same thing.
To the one that suggested pictures...no.

I prefer to remain somewhat anonymous!

Old 04-26-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
How many men leave their wives for their secretaries?

Men want women who are not only dependable but beautiful as well and secretaries get put as secretaries because they have a pleasing appearance and are good at handling people and business matter. Perfect candidates for marriage.
I've worked as a secretary in an academic environment. No male faculty are interested in secretaries. A few are interested in their students, but no one cares about secretaries.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've worked as a secretary in an academic environment. No male faculty are interested in secretaries. A few are interested in their students, but no one cares about secretaries.
Not unless you're in a movie that takes place in 1985 in New York.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I relate to that. I am also a 40-something Prof (though female) and my husband is also in the same profession. Every day I am surrounded by 200 students between the ages of 21-26 and we're in Southern California, which carries the reputation of having the best-looking people. Sure, I have handsome students, some of them with great bods. I couldn't care less. When they come on to me, I politely tell them "no."
Thank you. There are people here, women your age, even, who believe that no one, let alone a much younger man, would be interested in a 40+ woman. Yet, this type of scenario happens all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.