Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 04:10 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,168,651 times

Advertisements

@BajanYankee

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and assume your not particularly tall. Now, can we get back to the topic? I was quite enjoying it.

Thank you.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:10 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,265,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Men are biologically programmed to be attracted to young women because they are fertile. Age (beauty) is a proxy for fertility. Women are attracted to height. Height is a proxy for dominance.

An old woman shouldn't be any more upset than a short guy. Life's not fair.
Most people are attracted to other people within a certain range of their own. So - yes, young men are usually attracted to young women. Most men are attracted to women within about 10 years of themselves, I would hazard a guess. Yes - biology does play a part in attraction - but so does maturity. A mature 35 year old male is not usually attracted to a high school girl.

I'm sorry - but which old women are you referring to? It seems like you are basically calling all of the women on here old - but the funny thing is - we don't consider ourselves old and we certainly don't seem to be upset about anything. If anything - you seem to be the one who is upset that you have to deal with washed up, used up, unattractive women who have lived to the ripe old age of 26! How hard life must be for you! We women aren't actually complaining about anything!

And as for the "prime" of one's life - if you live life to the fullest - it's all "prime!" I know I'm certainly happier every year! I can't wait to see where my life takes me next! And if I can look as good as Helen Mirren when I'm her age - I'll be strutting my stuff in a bikini and looking damn good, too!

Old 04-27-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:

I don't know why people on this board have such a hard time grasping the concept of rules and exceptions.

Have you been watching "He's Just Not That Into You" too many times? Maybe we don't "grasp" rules and exceptions because they are all bogus. Who lives their life thinking of rules and exceptions? That's just a silly waste of time.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:18 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,168,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

And as for the "prime" of one's life - if you live life to the fullest - it's all "prime!" I know I'm certainly happier every year! I can't wait to see where my life takes me next! And if I can look as good as Helen Mirren when I'm her age - I'll be strutting my stuff in a bikini and looking damn good, too!
I fully agree. Age is irrelevant. One of the most insulting things i feel you can refer to a woman as is "Good for her age".. NO SHE ISN'T! She's "Good"! Age does not define attractiveness or sexiness, she either is or she isn't...

*i will now climb down from my soapbox, take a deep breath and have a cup of tea*

Old 04-27-2012, 04:19 PM

32,195 posts, read 34,952,488 times
Quote:
Most people are attracted to other people within a certain range of their own.
Usually.

Quote:
Most men are attracted to women within about 10 years of themselves, I would hazard a guess.
Men are attracted to women who show signs of fertility. Whether they will date those women or not is a different question.

Quote:
Yes - biology does play a part in attraction - but so does maturity. A mature 35 year old male is not usually attracted to a high school girl.
Most men are attracted to high school age women. In fact, men used to marry women as young as 14 to 16. But then society said that was gross, and began to shame men, so that practice changed. What did not change, however, was male biology.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Usually.

Men are attracted to women who show signs of fertility. Whether they will date those women or not is a different question.

Most men are attracted to high school age women. In fact, men used to marry women as young as 14 to 16. But then society said that was gross, and began to shame men, so that practice changed. What did not change, however, was male biology.
And now I understand where your posts are coming from. No more info needed!

Old 04-27-2012, 04:22 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,265,236 times
Quote:
I think it's the opposite: men don't realize how devastating the effects of aging can be until they reach their late 20s/early 30s. It's one thing to be 18 and meet a 29-year old woman you find attractive. It's an entirely different thing to have known the 29-year old woman and have the image of a super hot 19-year old seared in your memory. Young guys in college and high school don't know what they've got til it's gone.

And it's not even all about looks. Women get a headstart on men in the dating game, so by the time they're 25, they've had multiple relationships, lots of sex, lots of partying, and lots of fun. Most guys are still figuring things out by that point. No guy wants to be with a girl who's been with 4 guys from the Spring '04 line of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
I hope you understand that it's similar for women. The soft skin of a 20 year old man is gone by the time he's in his 30s. It's striking ime. It may be even more difficult for women because women tend to take care of themselves at greater rates compared to men.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:29 PM

102,384 posts, read 108,714,406 times
Quote:
A lot of women would overlook a 5'7 guy unless his name was, say, Kanye West. He has overriding attributes (fame and money) that will put him head and shoulders *heh* above his competition.
I seriously hope you don't consider a 5'7 guy "short". 5'7 is quite respectable. I'm 5'7, and I'm quite happy with guys my height. Personality and brains are everything. Or 90% of the game, anyway. If women would turn you down for your stature, those aren't women you want to be with anyway. There are a lot of superficial women around, just like there are superficial men. You can do better than that.

(oops, sorry, Baldrick. Off-topic again. Yank: why don't you start a thread on the short-tall thing? it's a good topic.)

Old 04-27-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Being a 25-year old woman is like being a 6'5 man. Nearly all men find youth attractive. Nearly all women find tallness attractive.

Being a 28-year old woman is like being a 5'10 man. 5'10 is nothing to brag to your girlfriends about, but it's a perfectly acceptable height.

Being a 30-year old woman is like being a 5'7 man. Now we're getting on the short side. A woman with a lot of options will likely choose a taller man absent other compensatory attributes.

Being a 35-year old woman is like being a 5'4 man. He's tiny! Who wants a guy who makes you feel tall? Unless, that is, you're only 5 feet or 4'11 yourself.
Putting other people down only makes you look bad. And it probably doesn't make you feel any better about yourself. Haven't you ever seen Mean Girls? Some women are attracted to shorter men - but women are rarely attracted to men that like to put women down. I've dated two guys that were around 5'5"ish. They are both happily married to women taller than they are. One of their wives is almost 5'9".

Old 04-27-2012, 04:35 PM

102,384 posts, read 108,714,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
*i will now climb down from my soapbox, take a deep breath and have a cup of tea*
Great soapbox. Get back with us after your break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships