Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 03:10 PM

102,390 posts, read 108,714,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yes - well, surprisingly enough - most women don't repeatedly get tackled, beaten up, and pounded on day after day. So really, our lives are nothing like NFL players.

In fact - if you take care of yourself, eat well, exercise, don't over tan yourself, dress well, etc. - you can age quite well. I'm half Japanese so this might be part of the reason - but I still haven't had anyone guess that I'm over 30 - and I'm 35. Physically, I think my body was at it's best at 31 - but that's because I was in a show where I had to wear a bikini on stage. So, of course I busted my but making damn sure I looked damn good in that bikini!

I have a feeling that most of the men on here that think a woman is past her prime at 25 are probably in their late teens/early 20's. They think that all the women they are attracted to are their own age. All the women they are attracted to might LOOK like they are the same age as them - but I'm pretty sure a bunch of them are probably older than they look. And also - for the most part, I would assume that young men would be attracted to young women and vice versa. It's always an ego boost when I get hit on or get looks from men that I am way too old for - but honestly, if I was single - I would have absolutely no interest in attracting men in their early 20's. To me - they are just kids!

So, once again - the real answer to this question is -
No.
You tell it, girl! She's actually speaking for more women than you'd think.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:12 PM

32,195 posts, read 34,952,488 times
Quote:
I have a feeling that most of the men on here that think a woman is past her prime at 25 are probably in their late teens/early 20's. They think that all the women they are attracted to are their own age.
I think it's the opposite: men don't realize how devastating the effects of aging can be until they reach their late 20s/early 30s. It's one thing to be 18 and meet a 29-year old woman you find attractive. It's an entirely different thing to have known the 29-year old woman and have the image of a super hot 19-year old seared in your memory. Young guys in college and high school don't know what they've got til it's gone.

And it's not even all about looks. Women get a headstart on men in the dating game, so by the time they're 25, they've had multiple relationships, lots of sex, lots of partying, and lots of fun. Most guys are still figuring things out by that point. No guy wants to be with a girl who's been with 4 guys from the Spring '04 line of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:16 PM

67 posts, read 113,188 times
I feel more attractive and confident now at my advanced age (40+) that I even felt in my life. I am fit and take care of myself. I receive more attention from men of all ages now then I ever did in my younger years.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:17 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,265,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I think it's the opposite: men don't realize how devastating the effects of aging can be until they reach their late 20s/early 30s. It's one thing to be 18 and meet a 29-year old woman you find attractive. It's an entirely different thing to have known the 29-year old woman and have the image of a super hot 19-year old seared in your memory. Young guys in college and high school don't know what they've got til it's gone.

And it's not even all about looks. Women get a headstart on men in the dating game, so by the time they're 25, they've had multiple relationships, lots of sex, lots of partying, and lots of fun. Most guys are still figuring things out by that point. No guy wants to be with a girl who's been with 4 guys from the Spring '04 line of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
LOL! How old are you? I'm guessing younger than 25.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
LOL! How old are you? I'm guessing younger than 25.
Nope.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Speak for yourself.

I crack myself up!!!!
You cracked me up, too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Over the hill at 25? I honestly haven't laughed as hard as I did when I read that for a couple days.
I'm still laughing!

I think the only people who could possible agree with this ludicrous idea are those that are in their teens/early 20's. When you are that young - you are still at the age when you think you know it all and you think everyone wants to be you. Then, when you start to grow up - you realize that you didn't know anything then and you know even less now! That's when the real growing, learning, maturing begins.

This question is sort of like asking a 12 year old if 30 year olds are OLD? Of course they'll say yes! The older you get - the more you realize growing older is actually a beautiful journey and that life only gets better and better!

Old 04-27-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Nope.
Then it's not so much funny that you feel this way but kind of sad. Oh well.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:23 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,442,009 times
Quote:

Sounds like you dated a bunch of "fun" girls.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:24 PM

3,181 posts, read 5,172,731 times
Quote:
You cracked me up, too!!!

I'm still laughing!

I think the only people who could possible agree with this ludicrous idea are those that are in their teens/early 20's. When you are that young - you are still at the age when you think you know it all and you think everyone wants to be you. Then, when you start to grow up - you realize that you didn't know anything then and you know even less now! That's when the real growing, learning, maturing begins.

This question is sort of like asking a 12 year old if 30 year olds are OLD? Of course they'll say yes! The older you get - the more you realize growing older is actually a beautiful journey and that life only gets better and better!

I bolded everything that is so true. Gee, I guess I bolded everything. I'd rep you Dew if I could..

Old 04-27-2012, 03:24 PM

Being a 25-year old woman is like being a 6'5 man. Nearly all men find youth attractive. Nearly all women find tallness attractive.

Being a 28-year old woman is like being a 5'10 man. 5'10 is nothing to brag to your girlfriends about, but it's a perfectly acceptable height.

Being a 30-year old woman is like being a 5'7 man. Now we're getting on the short side. A woman with a lot of options will likely choose a taller man absent other compensatory attributes.

Being a 35-year old woman is like being a 5'4 man. He's tiny! Who wants a guy who makes you feel tall? Unless, that is, you're only 5 feet or 4'11 yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships