Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 10:32 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
If you have two women of EQUAL attractiveness in terms of body and face and one is younger while the other older, most men would rather be with the younger woman.
That is true most of the time, but even then it kind of depends on how empty one of the heads happens to be.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:32 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Well maybe you look like hell compared to when you were 20-something so it's hard for you to believe there are other options out there.
Actually I look a lot younger than the average 34 year old and in much better shape than 95% of the population and even still I am aware of my limitations and know my place. It's a good thing to recognize your limitations.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:33 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
PLENTY of men have stated their preference in this thread for younger.
But some men have given a more nuanced and realistic opinion, too.

Those guys who stated a preference for younger women haven't seen the women-at-50 beauty pageant, lol !

Old 05-06-2012, 10:54 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,020,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Here ya go!

http://thehoopla.com.au/wp-content/u...Self-black.jpg

Daphne Selfe, 83-year-old model
Lol
Are you serious?

Old 05-07-2012, 12:56 AM

395 posts, read 707,363 times
Quote:
If you have two women of EQUAL attractiveness in terms of body and face and one is younger while the other older, most men would rather be with the younger woman.

If you read the first post in this thread you'll see that the topic is about what MEN or members of the opposite sex finds attractive in terms of "prime". The topic starter did not start this thread asking older women how THEY view themselves. Here is a quote "so what do you, smart nerdy men at city-data think of 25 year old girls? Are they past their prime?"

This topic is not about how we perceive ourselves or one another but how men in general do and PLENTY of men have stated their preference in this thread for younger.

People can believe what they want to believe but it's akin to being delusional. Similar to thinking that you are a genius when you are only average or thinking that you are in great shape when you are 200 lbs.
I think that if a person takes good care of themselves in their 20's and continues to do so, physically they may look more appealing to the general populace at large, however there are always outliers and exceptions to this stereotype. (However there are cases where people take poor care of themselves when they are young and smarten up with time/age and try to up their game physically with some sort of physical transformation. So in these instances there is a chance that they could look physically better than when they were in their twenties, may or maybe not facially, but on a global scale).

Below are some pictures of the same lady from age 18 - 41. See if you can rank which ones are from youngest to oldest? (RANK THE ORDER FROM PICTURE 1, 2, ETC...TO WHAT YOU THINK IS FROM YOUNGEST TO OLDEST) Please note that this lady has also had children in some of these pictures.

I think she might be an outlier or represents a very small demographic of the global populace.

PIC 1
http://www.perfectpeople.net/photo-p...media-0487.jpg (broken link)

PIC 2

PIC 3

PIC 4

PIC 5
Moderator cut: image removed

PIC 6

PIC 7

PIC 8

PIC 11

PIC 12

PIC 13

PIC 14

PIC 15

PIC 16

PIC 17

PIC 18

PIC 19

PIC 20

PIC 21

PIC 22
http://www.flwblog.com/wp-content/up.../084315S4g.jpg (broken link)

PIC 23

PIC 24

PIC 25
http://iwannafile.com/img_store/0/83/92/8.jpg (broken link)

PIC 26

PIC 27

PIC 28

PIC 29

Jackie100 has informed us that she is past her prime after she pasted her mid twenties and she recognizes this. We should commend her with the honesty she has for herself. However, not everyone is past their physical prime after they surpass the mid-20s. Jackie100 is as she has repeated constantly on this thread, but not everyone is subjected to this theory.

However, as one can see from all the photos, for some women things don't get started till later in life. There are always exceptions to the rule and outliers to the stereotypes. (For the pictures I've included I think her 30's looks beats her 18-27 years old look if I am forced to use a shallow rating system and only judge people based on their physicalities - as the op asked. However there is very little aging is this woman even after she had a child).

For those who are past their physical prime, accept it and try to age gracefully and grow in other dimensions other than 'physical'.

For those that are entering their prime, cherish and recognize this moment for what it is. You're peak physical prime, not your peak game as there is more to a person than just physical looks.

For Jackie100, just accept that their maybe some outliers and exceptions to the rule of them vs. the hostility shown on this thread by so many parties. Also I'm glad to know at least your hair is still in it's physical prime and that in Vietnam or some SE Asian Country your size of 00 would be considered a small to medium do to the smaller structure of some races and thus a different sizing system.

Everyone have a great night! turning in....

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 02:55 PM..

Old 05-07-2012, 01:20 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,676 times
I don't have to accept anything you say UCBrian; my opinion stands firm and nothing you say can make me change my mind.

You can clearly see her crows feet and wrinkles around her eyes and you can tell she is older in this picture.

Moderator cut: image removed

She definitely does NOT look in her prime in the picture above. Obviously her wrinkles were photoshop'ed out of magazine covers and pro photos. However in candids, her crows feet are apparent.

I doubt most of the women in this topic who think they are in their prime are outliers but rather living in a fantasy.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 05:19 PM..

Old 05-07-2012, 01:56 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,433 times
lol @ these pics

here's my trump card:

Kate Upton Lingerie - YouTube

/end thread

Old 05-07-2012, 05:46 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Actually I look a lot younger than the average 34 year old and in much better shape than 95% of the population and even still I am aware of my limitations and know my place. It's a good thing to recognize your limitations.
"limitations"...please explain that one. What are you limited by? Someone elses perception of you? Your age? What are your limitations? I don't really feel that even at 38, I have limitations.

And I realize that at 25 I still looked awkward and dorky, and that by 35, I looked my best. My skin was better, my body was in better shape..etc. compared to MYSELF at 25.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:11 AM

20,716 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Well maybe you look like hell compared to when you were 20-something so it's hard for you to believe there are other options out there.

Other women look like hell in their teens and at 20-something and look much better at 30, 40, 50+. Nobody is saying they look youthful...just that it is their peak...when they looked their best on the timeline of their own life.

I'm not sure why that is so hard to understand.

I'll say this though...I've had more male attention in my late 30's than I have in my entire life up til this point. A LOT more attention.

You wouldn't get any from me the moment I understood you don't know what an anecdote is. Too many fish out there.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:23 AM

331 posts, read 603,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
i find under 25, like 22-23 way too immature and in party mode to have a relationship with.. im not really sure what the OP is referring to?

^^ I agree with age comes responsibilities and maturity(most of the time) Guys that are chasing after the younger girls, have an interest in them, find a man that has an interest in you!! You are by NO MEANS past your prime, or even near it...there are 40 and 50 year olds that are still rockin it!! There are beatuiful, fun and exciting women of all ages.
Give it time and the right man will find you, until then...Do you and enjoy life!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.