Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2012, 11:25 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,960,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've been messaging with some women here who are pushing 40, and they say they get passed over because they look like kids and people treat them like kids. (Which isn't helpful.) Not everyone fits the same mold. If you have good genes, and avoid: sun, tobacco, alcohol, and get plenty of sleep, the signs of aging may show up later than the norm.
I have NEVER tanned, never smoked, drank and sleep plenty, I also happen to be super petite (I will never be overweight or have an average body). However, the average 24 year old will still be more attractive than me by virtue of AGE ALONE. My age makes me past my prime....

Women who take good care of themselves may look young but they aren't at their PEAK. Everyone only has ONE peak; it's not a plateau. It's a peak and then it goes down.

Peak means "the hottest you will EVER be in your life"

If you are a woman in your 40 who looks super young, you may be a 9.0 but keep in mind that at your PEAK you may have been a 10. It doesn't mean that you aren't attractive but not "the best in terms of looks".... that you were at one point. Sure you may look young and attractive but at one point in time you were HOTTER. The peak is the point when you were at your "hottest".

Old 05-05-2012, 11:46 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
OK, still following your revised definition, I was far from hot at 25. Same for a few friends of mine. My 40's have been my peak, judging by the reactions I get from guys (teen and 20-something guys). I'm not alone in having this experience. There is no universal human experience in this regard. Your definition of "peak" works for me.

So we're now defining "prime" as "the hottest you'll ever be" or the hottest you ever were.

Ladies?

Old 05-05-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
OK, still following your revised definition, I was far from hot at 25. Same for a few friends of mine. My 40's have been my peak, judging by the reactions I get from guys (teen and 20-something guys). I'm not alone in having this experience. There is no universal human experience in this regard. Your definition of "peak" works for me.

So we're now defining "prime" as "the hottest you'll ever be" or the hottest you ever were.

Ladies?
A lot of teens and 20'something guys like me too but that doesn't mean I am at my best... A lot of guys have a sexual fetish for older women, milfs etc. Guys love milfs for sex only. Doesn't mean milfs are in their prime; the milfs may be attractive but looked at their best way back when.

I look younger in person than I do in my pics because I'm just 5ft tall and I doubt I look anything like a milf... since I am super small. So in my case it's not cause I have the milf look. However, even though young guys hit on me I still feel that I passed that point where I was at my "most attractive". It doesn't mean much...

Old 05-06-2012, 12:02 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
These are not hordes of guys with fetishes. Most of them go away when I tell them how old I am.
As I posted about 50 pages ago, some women's bodies don't fill out (i.e. acquire curves) until later in life. Some women and men go through an extended awkward stage. The boys may still look like gangly teens at 25. Women may be pudgy or plain, or otherwise retain a very child-like look, and not come into their looks until 30 or later. 25 seems like such an arbitrary number from this perspective. It just ain't the same for everyone. Not everyone is on the same clock.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:47 AM

The peak doesn't have to be 25 necessarily, it could be 26 or 27.... I know for a fact that it's not 40 though; no woman looks her best at 40 than she ever did so let's not get delusional here.

However, there is a peak (and that peak is different for everyone) and after that peak it goes downhill. The downhill slope may be slow if you take great care of yourself but no matter how much you take care of yourself eventually it will get lower.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:29 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I have NEVER tanned, never smoked, drank and sleep plenty, I also happen to be super petite (I will never be overweight or have an average body). However, the average 24 year old will still be more attractive than me by virtue of AGE ALONE. My age makes me past my prime....

Women who take good care of themselves may look young but they aren't at their PEAK. Everyone only has ONE peak; it's not a plateau. It's a peak and then it goes down.

Peak means "the hottest you will EVER be in your life"

If you are a woman in your 40 who looks super young, you may be a 9.0 but keep in mind that at your PEAK you may have been a 10. It doesn't mean that you aren't attractive but not "the best in terms of looks".... that you were at one point. Sure you may look young and attractive but at one point in time you were HOTTER. The peak is the point when you were at your "hottest".
+1

Why can't people just understand this?

You can still be relatively attractive, your just past yor prime

Old 05-06-2012, 07:49 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I feel the same way about myself, I was a pretty handsome guy in my 20's, I now notice that I'm becoming invisible to women.

It's all good, allows my wittiness to take center stage.
It's funny--I was out with my mother-in-law last night, and she said the same thing about being invisible. She said that once you're over 40, people stop noticing you, and a woman over 50 is pretty much invisible. She said she usually enjoys it and finds it refreshing, because she no longer has to care whether she measures up to anything. She can just live her life.

She and I had gone out to try to photograph the perigee moon, but it was overcast and everything was hidden, so we went out for a drink instead. She was wearing a zip-up fleece sweatshirt and jeans. I was in a ponytail and little makeup. When she suggested that we go for martinis, I protested that I wasn't dressed to go out, and she said, "Who cares?" We had a good time.

However, two martinis plus tip was $23! Not only do I not care if I am past my prime, I am glad that I am not still in that game. Ye gods.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:55 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
However, two martinis plus tip was $23! Not only do I not care if I am past my prime, I am glad that I am not still in that game. Ye gods.
One fact we can't deny...

Staying in our Prime, ain't cheap or easy.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:11 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
OK, still following your revised definition, I was far from hot at 25. Same for a few friends of mine.
Ladies?
I was going to say the same thing.

I had okay skin at 25, but I'd regularly get blemishes and so I used make-up to cover those up. My skin looked pretty freakin awesome at 35. No wrinkles and such, no blemishes. At 38 I still don't look like I'm ancient but I've noticed a few fine lines around the eyes. Still, I only use moisturizer and powder on my face and that's all I need.

However, going by the original definition, my poor daughter who is 9yrs old is past her prime. She has freckles on her nose and cheeks (sundamage most likely). She didn't start getting them until she was about 7yrs old and it's from the sun. Poor girl...it's all downhill from here for her!

Old 05-06-2012, 08:31 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
It's apparent that PRIME is a variable that changes just like BEAUTY depending on the individual.

My interpretation of Prime or Beauty is so much different than it was as a young man of 20. My interpretation has shifted from physical attractiveness (which is still important) to include good traits like experience, wisdom, tolerance, etc.

Prime is a much more of a well rounded and complete person than just a beautiful or young person. There is so much more to people that makes them complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships