Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 04:31 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,212,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
The young girl with Morgan Freeman is his 27 yo step-granddaughter, of which both he and she deny any romantic relationship.
Good catch. He calls the assertions defamatory allegations by the tabloid media. It's their idiotic audience that propels it. And she says "'These stories about me and my grandfather are not only untrue, they are also hurtful to me and my family.'
Dailymail

Good job, bajan. You point out that it's not about women aging, or relationships between men and women, but gossiping hens. That's about right for this forum.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:18 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
It's been a topic in the tabloids and other media for quite some time.
This is ridiculous. You can look at the picture and see there's nothing like that going on. How sad that they have to put up with such stupidity.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:18 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,651,067 times
I'm 28 and feel like my life is just started to get interesting.... I can't imagine being past my prime already! Especially considering that when I was in my 'prime', at least according to some of the men on this board, I was a naive silly girl that had no idea what I wanted to do with my life.

Perhaps that's why older men like the younger women? The women are naive and don't know any better. Dealing with a woman who has her stuff together must be very difficult to manage and I'm sure many would prefer not to.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:20 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Perhaps that's why older men like the younger women? The women are naive and don't know any better. Dealing with a woman who has her stuff together must be very difficult to manage and I'm sure many would prefer not to.
Only air-headed men like younger women. Mature men aren't interested in the kiddie corral, they want someone they can have an intelligent conversation with.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:26 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,479,086 times
Are you kidding?!?! I'm wayyyy past 25 y.o. and I still think I'm in my prime! Age is but a number. I've meet some 25 y.o. (both male and female) that are old thinking and I've meet 70 and 80 y.o. in both sexes that are youthful in thought and therefore in their prime.

Don't live by anyone expectations or society's. Beat to your own drum.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:34 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,633,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
with the quarterlife crisis comes another for twenty five year old girls everywhere; fear of fading youth. though technically we have 5 more years of perky youthfulness on our side, it is hard to look sideways when the men we want to date seem to bypass us for the freshly blossomed 21 year olds joining the dating pool.
so what do you, smart nerdy men at city-data think of 25 year old girls? Are they past their prime?How at this point in their life should they be navigating the dating pool to capitalize most of whats left of their beauty and youth?
Speak for yourself. I never had a "quarter life crisis", hell, I'll be 36 this year and I don't have a reason for a mid-life crisis yet, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
To be honest, yes.

A woman's prime follows the career trajectory of the average NFL running back pretty closely.
Women are NOT NLF players and to try and compare the two makes you look silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
In fact - if you take care of yourself, eat well, exercise, don't over tan yourself, dress well, etc. - you can age quite well. I'm half Japanese so this might be part of the reason - but I still haven't had anyone guess that I'm over 30 - and I'm 35. Physically, I think my body was at it's best at 31 - but that's because I was in a show where I had to wear a bikini on stage. So, of course I busted my but making damn sure I looked damn good in that bikini!

I have a feeling that most of the men on here that think a woman is past her prime at 25 are probably in their late teens/early 20's. They think that all the women they are attracted to are their own age. All the women they are attracted to might LOOK like they are the same age as them - but I'm pretty sure a bunch of them are probably older than they look. And also - for the most part, I would assume that young men would be attracted to young women and vice versa. It's always an ego boost when I get hit on or get looks from men that I am way too old for - but honestly, if I was single - I would have absolutely no interest in attracting men in their early 20's. To me - they are just kids!

So, once again - the real answer to this question is -
No.
+1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Being a 25-year old woman is like being a 6'5 man. Nearly all men find youth attractive. Nearly all women find tallness attractive.

Being a 28-year old woman is like being a 5'10 man. 5'10 is nothing to brag to your girlfriends about, but it's a perfectly acceptable height.

Being a 30-year old woman is like being a 5'7 man. Now we're getting on the short side. A woman with a lot of options will likely choose a taller man absent other compensatory attributes.

Being a 35-year old woman is like being a 5'4 man. He's tiny! Who wants a guy who makes you feel tall? Unless, that is, you're only 5 feet or 4'11 yourself.
Again, you are being silly. Women are NOT men, not short men, not tall men, and not NFL playing men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Soft skin on a young fit body. The scalely, loose skin that develops on men as they age is just not as nice to touch. It's worse with men who are not fit, and let's face it, most of you are not fit.

When are men supposed to get this not so soft or smooth scaley skin? Hubby is 35, and I am 35 and we both have nice smooth, soft skin; with no scales.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:36 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,212,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
When are men supposed to get this not so soft or smooth scaley skin? Hubby is 35, and I am 35 and we both have nice smooth, soft skin; with no scales.
Ime, it happens gradually over time and it depends on how well you take care of yourself. This is what I saw of men when I dated in my early 20s. If you two are fast food eating, smoking, out of shape drinkers then it will come sooner. If you are active, fit, and take care of yourselves it will probably come later. Given that intelligence correlates with health and appearance back reading your posts might lend a clue.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:03 AM

32,120 posts, read 34,787,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Women tend to take care of themselves and their bodies, as mentioned. We're more likely to eat healthier. We're more likely to stay fit; comparatively, mind you. I know fit people are a minority in the US in general. We're more likely to care for our teeth, skin, etc. And you know what? It just feels good. It feels pretty damn good to get on the treadmill for an hour or two. It feels good to be healthy. It feels good to take care of ourselves. I want my body, mind, career, talents to be the best they can be. There's no need to shed negativity on it.
Did you know that women are more likely to be obese than men? And considering that there are more women in the U.S. than men, this means there are more obese women than men in the U.S.

Prevalence and Trends in Obesity Among US Adults, 1999-2008, January 20, 2010, Flegal et al. 303 (3): 235

The numbers don't even tell the whole story. There is an obvious difference between a 5'8, 220 pound runningback (33.4 BMI) and a 5'4, 175 pound round mound (30 BMI). There are virtually no exceptions where a woman will exceed the obesity threshold and be considered attractive by the majority of men. She either ends up looking like Serena Williams or Roseanne Barr.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:29 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,285,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Funny in a sad pathetic way. Delusional men who think they're so freakin' hot and the even more delusional ones who think men age any better than women. These are the guys who constantly have to have a 22 year old girlfriend, even when they're 70
Not sure if I have heard a man say or feel he’s freaking hot just because he thinks a woman is past her prime after 25. Women may think X celebrity male is hot, so what? Doesn’t mean woman think they are so hot. Hey, don’t blame it on men, blame it on the media, beauty pageants, fashion, bikini models, etc. There’s a reason why you see young women there. Women gain weight, wrinkle, start sagging, etc. Men too, but men, generally speaking, don’t give a flying crap about it or spend all kinds of money on so called anti-aging scams. Seems like a woman thing to lose sleep and appetite over aging, gaining weight, and so on.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:42 AM

32,120 posts, read 34,787,403 times
Quote:
Delusional men who think they're so freakin' hot and the even more delusional ones who think men age any better than women.

Actually, men do age better than women. More testosterone means we have thicker skin, which in turn means we are far less likely to develop crows feet or cellulite.

Men Have Thicker Skin Than Women by MenScience Androceuticals | Growing Bolder

But it doesn't matter anyway because we aren't judge principally upon our looks. A salt and peppered-hair, 39-year old surgeon will have more appeal to women than a 24-year old, third-year med student still eating Ramen noodles.

Quote:
These are the guys who constantly have to have a 22 year old girlfriend, even when they're 70
Question: If an old dude is pulling 22-year old hotties, then how does that make him "delusional?" Sounds like he's WINNING to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships