Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
Love 27 49.09%
Money 28 50.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 07:34 AM

1,197 posts, read 2,280,575 times

Advertisements

I would never marry for money, but I would remain single for money. People that would choose love in some respects I think border on co-dependency. They don't think they can be happy unless they have a man/women in their life. I don't need a woman to be happy. I am happier that I'm married to a great woman. But I could still be happy if I were single.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 07:37 AM

994 posts, read 1,682,843 times
I chose money because I like video games and takeout such as nori and sashimi. I don't think love can buy me either or.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:39 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,787,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I thought you had your own.
No I chose love so I'm broke.

Hypothetically speaking

Old 02-24-2012, 07:54 AM

9,147 posts, read 14,778,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I would take the 'everyday is like the first day' in love over any amount of money in the world!

There is nothing like that feeling of being in love, especially the first few weeks. We have all been there when you can't STOP thinking about your new love! Your not thinking about how much money you have in the bank, your not thinking about nice cars or houses or going out to eat at fancy restaurants... your thinking about the person your in love with. You often forget to eat.. you don't worry about the RENT or your job or even your next meal. Your simply thinking about the next time you get to see your love! Nothing better than that and no amount of money can purchase it!
This. A million times this. I'm not wildly rich by any stretch, but we do pretty well and don't want for anything much. As the years have gone by, I've realized, stuff does not love you back. Stuff does not make you feel a lightning bolt when you touch the person you love or make your heart beat fast or slow. Things don't make you feel wanted and desired.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
This. A million times this. I'm not wildly rich by any stretch, but we do pretty well and don't want for anything much. As the years have gone by, I've realized, stuff does not love you back. Stuff does not make you feel a lightning bolt when you touch the person you love or make your heart beat fast or slow. Things don't make you feel wanted and desired.
Beautifully said. When you have real love, you are the wealthiest person in the world. I've known some very poor people who have millions in the bank, they have a sad existence. They died never knowing love, they were bitter and unpleasant. So sad.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:31 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,202,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
No I chose love so I'm broke.

Hypothetically speaking
You, fibbers, can't keep your stories straight! You finally came to your senses and took the check a few pages back!

Old 02-29-2012, 11:51 PM

Rumi - The Meaning of Love - YouTube

I still stand on the side of love.

"The only thing of value in this life is to love and to be loved"

Old 03-01-2012, 02:02 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,442,416 times
I don't care about money. I don't care about poverty. For me, not having money is not a problem. If I had to decide between these two awful choices, I'd choose love.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:07 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,750,034 times
I have had deep love without money, and plenty of money without love, and I would definitely choose the former. It is a complete cliche, but money simply does not compensate for living without the pure joy of being in love and being loved back!

Old 03-01-2012, 02:09 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,968,469 times
What do many if not most married couples fight over? Money.. in divorce court I have never heard of anyone fighting over knocking boots visits but I have heard of people going tooth and nail over assets. Not over access to some a___.

One constant about money is the more you have the more options available. Love is great but with money you buy love or at least rent it. Without money if you want love consider a dog but understand it takes money to feed a dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships