Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 12:51 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,993,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Uh, I have no idea, TBH. Who thought it was funny? A lot of high quality people? Or a lot of drunken revelers? Just curious.

I watched the SB and I don't remember the head-butt part so I'm not sure what this is all about but I doubt it was funny to anybody with sense. Not sure though; again, I didn't see it.
Well, I was in a hall with about 500 people and almost everyone laughed.

Still, it doesn't really matter who laughed anyway. If that's the kind of commercial that's run on Superbowl, then I think there's a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 12:56 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,760,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Feminism? I made no mention of feminism.

As for hitting women, all I'll say is that I have never hit another human-being in my life. However, in my book, hitting a woman is just as savage-like as hitting a man. I'll also go ahead and add that if you disagree, then you probably harbor some subtle sexist sentiments.
You have suggested such things before and that tells me you see no difference between a man hitting a woman and a man hitting another man. I didn't say hitting anybody was acceptable, but to feel that these two things are on the 'same level' is outrageous. So anybody that believes such a thing in my book: is a sympathizer of women beaters. Period. Now if you disagree with that, I don't know what to tell you. And:

'Probably?' Where have you been?

Old 03-01-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
but to feel that these two things are on the 'same level' is outrageous. ?
Really? Why so?

Old 03-01-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Yes, it would have been a little less alarmist and melodramatic if you did.
LOL! There are two people on C-D that should never label anybody or anything as dramatic, and that's Dewdrop and You.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:07 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,110,289 times
Quote:

Still, it doesn't really matter who laughed anyway. If that's the kind of commercial that's run on Superbowl, then I think there's a problem.
Oh! Gotcha! But all the girls-jiggling-their-boobs and all the "let's get blotto, that's what real guys do -- oh, while watching the jiggling boobs" (How many women do you see in those commercials knocking one back?) stuff with football commercials (where are The Twins? Did they age too much?) isn't a problem when it comes to respecting the sexes. Well, now we know where you stand, anyway, R-H! You're not worrying about women getting better treatment than men. You're worried about us even coming close to your entitlement.

Oh nooooooooooes! Everybody run.

Poor R-H.

Last edited by JerZ; 03-01-2012 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: for clarity

Old 03-01-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Doll Eyes, it's not about giving a crap in general. It's about being realistic, and accepting that others have their own opinions, even of you. I feel like you're not the happiest person, TBH. Life can be so much better than this. You can be so much happier.

Yes people have their own opinions, including of me (most of them aren't good) I'm a borderline 'misanthrope' as it is, so whatever I guess....if self esteem has played a vital role in your life, then good. But I don't know where a person can conclude 'your life can be so much better than this' and 'you can be so much happier' from. Based on what? This line of thought reminds of: 'if I did it, you can too!' and 'There is someone out there for everyone.' It also reminds me of lottery winners....Lottery winners say stuff like, "Playing the lottery is totally worth it!" and I think to myself, of course you feel like playing the lottery is worth it -- you won the damn lottery.

It is just this mentality that people have, if something good happened to them then it can happen to everyone! I find that to be bullsh*t & I don't know how they come to that conclusion about another person's life...Now if you THINK that could be possible is one thing, but usually people say it like they KNOW it's possible and I don't know how where they get that from. I hope some of this made sense Jerz.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Oh! Gotcha! But all the girls-baring-their-boobs and all the alcohol (usually at the same time) stuff with football commercials (where are The Twins? Did they age too much?) isn't a problem when it comes to respecting the sexes. Well, now we know where you stand, anyway, R-H! You're not worrying about women getting better treatment than men. You're worried about us even coming close to your entitlement.

Oh nooooooooooes! Everybody run.

Poor R-H.

Really? You're comparing objectifying women to tolerating violence against men?

See, I objectify the women I find sexually attractive, but that's not the only value I put in the women I've been lucky to indulge with. It's just part of the bigger picture. But please tell me: How is it possible that you objectify men or your husband or bf or SO. Don't you find them sexually attractive?

And women aren't the only ones being objectified in Superbowl commercials, but you and I both know we'll never see a commercial of a man hitting another woman. Why? Because we can't tolerate it. But if or when we do, there'll be an up-roar as there should, but they shouldn't be confined to circumstances of violence against women.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Really? Why so?

Men and women have different levels of strength & force. A man punching a woman in the face is not the same as a woman punching another woman in the face. This is the reason why women are not allowed in the NFL; not because they could get hurt -- but because they could be killed. They could not tackle a man in the open field and bring him to the ground nor could they handle a full on tackle from a man in the open field. But hey, you are free to beleive whatever you want. I stand by what I said about men who follow your line of thought on the matter. Take it or leave it, I don't care.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:24 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,110,289 times
Quote:
Really? You're comparing objectifying women to tolerating violence against men? .
OMG! Bwah ha ha.

R-H, I'll send you a bodyguard, okay?

I won't let them wimmins getcha.

I'm sure what that commercial had going for it was shock value. Wasn't that the last thing you expected to see? Why do you think that is? Maybe because it never happens? Naaah, couldn't be. Kinda like those talking baby commercials. Why do they take us aback and then make us laugh? I guess the difference is, most people don't watch the talking baby commercial and quiver in fear of how babies are going to start ACTUALLY e-trading. (facepalm)

Peace brother, you are living a rough life in your own mind. I feel for you. We'll just have to agree to disagree (and you'll just have to find ways to make yourself feel more protected, no sense in suffering).

Thank you for clarifying why it's okay to disrespect women but not men, though. That part was helpful. It's because men like boobs. Well thank God we've finally gotten that one solved! I would not have otherwise guessed.

Have a good day, R-H.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:

I'm sure what that commercial had going for it was shock value. Wasn't that the last thing you expected to see? Why do you think that is? Maybe because it never happens? Naaah, couldn't be.
Is this a joke?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships