Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:08 PM

406 posts, read 771,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
But if you are only talking about the first glance - then you really aren't talking about anything at all. If you show a guy a picture of 2 women - one being smoking hot and one being fairly attractive - and ask him to choose which one is hotter - he can tell you. If you show him a picture of the same two women and ask him which one he'd rather marry and spend his whole life with - most men would not be able to answer that question. How could he? What if the smoking hot woman had a horrible personality.

If all you are talking about is a first glance - then your entire thread is moot. My husband first noticed me because of my rack - but if I didn't have the personality that I have - he wouldn't have spent a second more with me.
my husband fell in love with me over the internet .... he fell in love with my personality before he ever knew what I looked like.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Like I thought.

Can't back up that statement. You know why? Because no one thinks women being beaten up is something to joke about. You just make yourself sound like an *** and you won't backpeddle on that will you? Hell no. You will just throw out comments like the above.
it may be in poor taste .... but it is a popular joke.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Exactly. I am only talking about first glance. Men notice pretty women and if they think they can do better, and by better I mean land a hotter woman, they are going to try for the hotter woman.
I agree with the first part ... men notice pretty women.
I do not agree with the second part ... if they think they can do better, I don't believe they will try for the hotter woman.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:52 PM

19,764 posts, read 20,330,715 times
Quote:
I don't speak unless spoken to.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:07 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,418,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
because they have a JD from a Tier 4 school
This is funny. Are you talking US News and World Report's rankings? I think that, if they could look past a few Ws on my transcript, I might have been able to sneak into the bottom of the Tier 1 schools, but a law program would have put me to sleep. I don't know. Do lawyers think they're the most intelligent professionals? I always thought it was doctors.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:42 AM

73 posts, read 156,646 times
Quote:
Agreed. My wording can lead to cause for offense. I understand that. Just ignore that part if you don't care for it.

However why shouldn't a woman keep quiet and do your laundry if you are providing for her? Small price to pay for being provided for in my opinion.
This. I prefer women that are thin, attractive, quiet and caring. Women that are demanding and sarcastic are a huge turnoff for me, and i've walked away from a few that were stunners. It blows my mind how many women want a traditional man, but don't want to be traditional women.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:08 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,506,298 times
Quote:
Gentlemen of CD,

Do you want a lady who looks decent but not a prize winner by any stretch who has a great mind and can challenge you or do you want a lady who can handle things on her own while comming to you every once in awhile with something she can't handle, who otherwise keeps her mouth shut and looks damn good while doing it?

I'll take option 2 as she seems to be intelligent enough to handle things on her own, is independent, and looks hot.

[not sure what "keeps her mouth shut" means, though, in this context]

Old 02-24-2012, 09:16 AM

29,773 posts, read 34,497,732 times
These kinds of threads always end up in unrealistic absolutes. It gets thrown around that all men want smoking hot babes, and all women want filthy rich sugar daddies. Okay, fine, but when we look around at the people we know, who we see every day in everyday relationships, how many of us see this in action? Probably not many. Most people are normal, average people with normal, average looks and finances. For example, my best friend from college is a nerdy band geek-type gal, and she's married to a nerdy band geek-type guy. She's not a bombshell and he's not a mogul and they're absolutely bonkers about each other. That's what we all should be aiming for.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:23 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,769,868 times
Quote:
Gentlemen of CD,

Do you want a lady who looks decent but not a prize winner by any stretch who has a great mind and can challenge you or do you want a lady who can handle things on her own while comming to you every once in awhile with something she can't handle, who otherwise keeps her mouth shut and looks damn good while doing it?

Simple question. Just give the honest answer.

I am of the opinion that men want a lady who keeps herself up and who can handle things by herself.

Others are of the opinion that looks are less important initially than brains and other things that a lady would have to offer which I will let the opposition define since I don't agree.

Men are visual creatures. I haven't seen the man yet who would pass up fillet mignon to get to corn on the cob.

I don't see the point in denying that men will take the woman who is a hot piece who can handle things by herself and otherwise keep quiet and be the pretty lady over the woman who is alright looking but not breathtaking and has a great mind or whatever else she may have to offer.
I don't understand.

Let's just say I need me a babe with big boobs. I have two serious contenders for the title and both are well enDDoweDD <sign of the cross for first Friday of Lent>

Old 02-24-2012, 09:25 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,029,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
I don't like questions like this because they aren't based in reality. I don't have to choose between looks and personality, because I can choose both. If both are not available I can choose none.

Meeting a woman is not like voting for president. I'm not forced into making a choice in which of two options is the least horrible.
I was hoping to see an answer like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships