Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men, would you date an "earthy" woman?
Sure, I think they are equally attractive as "non-earthy" women 29 50.00%
Only if it's real "toned down" - not all the attributes are present 9 15.52%
Not sure 5 8.62%
No thanks 15 25.86%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,336,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
How could anyone NOT like someone who cared about their diet, cared about the earth, cared about nature, cared about their healthy, cared about their soul?
I don't know about others, but it's pretty easy for me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM

1,679 posts, read 1,799,863 times
OP- I could surely go for Earthy Women. Just so happen many of the most amazing women I've encountered Physically were "Earthy". If you appear amazing with little effort imagine how said woman shall look worked-over.

For the record Female Marines with just a simple Bun take the cake everytime.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 PM

48,643 posts, read 35,142,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I find demographics to be interesting. They are very real. Although, I speak of them generally and allow room for the individual because I'm typically speaking to individuals here on CD rather than writing an essay. But, that's a different thing than the kind of stereotyping we normally see here. The application of stereotypes on this forum do not usually include any kind of depth. They're filtered through the individual, who does not significantly deviate from what s/he knows, and then the stereotypes are targeted at other individuals.

It never seems to work out. This is what we continually see with your attempts to pigeonhole via stereotypes. Isn't that kind of interesting? I think it is. In the end it tells me, to reiterate what I've said in other threads, that people are way more complex than what stereotypes permit. That makes sense because, based on the definition, stereotypes are "simplified conceptions of groups based on some prior assumptions". What I see folk do here is apply these simplified conceptions rather carelessly. It's the beginning and the end and that's wanting imo.

I'm not very PC. Stereotypes are awesome indicators of generalities... you just can't apply them to individuals or use them as guidelines to life.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:12 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,455,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm not very PC. Stereotypes are awesome indicators of generalities... you just can't apply them to individuals or use them as guidelines to life.
No, it isn't about guidelines for life. This thread is about attraction and appropriately under "Relationships." If you use stereotypes, and a quick study, to make judgments about who you are, or are not, attracted to, then it just means you are rationing your resources - time and money. This applies to women as well. Could you see a Dallas debutante with a mountain man? It ain't the norm. If, per the "sniff test," she's not attracted to him and doesn't want to know anything about him, that's her prerogative. People generally know in a nanosecond if they're attracted to someone.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:15 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,254,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
No, it isn't about guidelines for life. This thread is about attraction and appropriately under "Relationships." If you use stereotypes, and a quick study, to make judgments about who you are, or are not, attracted to, then it just means you are rationing your resources - time and money. This applies to women as well. Could you see a Dallas debutante with a mountain man? It ain't the norm. If, per the "sniff test," she's not attracted to him and doesn't want to know anything about him, that's her prerogative. People generally know in a nanosecond if they're attracted to someone.
Well, where exactly would the Dallas debutante come across the mountain man? They probably would not cross paths. So, I don't see how that analogy really applies here. No, there is something else going on.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:19 PM

48,643 posts, read 35,142,263 times
Quote:
Well, I always get to know someone before making the final judgement.

I have found connections with women who range from ultra-conservative business women to earthy soccer moms. I will allow the same for romantic relationships. Sure, some will have much less a chance then others, but I LIKE getting to know people as individuals.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Well, where exactly would the Dallas debutante come across the mountain man? They probably would not cross paths. So, I don't see how that analogy really applies here. No, there is something else going on here.
He is demographically and personally dissimilar to the Dallas debutante. She's the "suit" and he's "earthier," in this case. Ok, how about the guy who works in the hipster part of Dallas, wherever that may be, doing tattoos or piercings?

Texas girls do go to the Intermountain West to ski.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, I always get to know someone before making the final judgement.

I will allow the same for romantic relationships. Sure, some will have much less a chance then others, but I LIKE getting to know people as individuals.
First part, that is commendable of you.

Second part, most people don't - and there's nothing wrong with that.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:23 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,796,977 times
I dress like a conservative but I'm a flower child through and through. You don't have to walk around wearing birkenstocks and long skirts to be "earthy". My partner and I are very compatible although it took him a little getting use to my full moon rituals and pagan ways...
Attached Thumbnails
Men:  would you date an "earthy" woman?-anntaylor.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2012, 08:28 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,254,507 times
Quote:
He is demographically and personally dissimilar to the Dallas debutante. She's the "suit" and he's "earthier," in this case.
She's the suit and he's the earthy guy according to you. Others will not agree with you because, as has been clearly pointed out in this thread, "Earthy" runs the gamut way past your perceptions.

Quote:
Ok, how about the guy who works in the hipster part of Dallas, wherever that may be, doing tattoos or piercings?

Texas girls do go to the Intermountain West to ski.
You're really getting good at grasping at straws. Do you really think you're going to find a mountain man at a ski resort? How weird.

As far as the hipster goes, I know there will be stereotypes. He may or may not fit the bill. We have a lot of that here, hipster type people given all the universities. Take a look at Burning Man, an event that would probably horrify you lol. That population is so professionally diverse. You name it, they got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships