Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men, would you date an "earthy" woman?
Sure, I think they are equally attractive as "non-earthy" women 29 50.00%
Only if it's real "toned down" - not all the attributes are present 9 15.52%
Not sure 5 8.62%
No thanks 15 25.86%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:29 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,392,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
My partner and I are very compatible although it took him a little getting use to my full moon rituals and pagan ways...
What can I say: The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 08:31 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I dress like a conservative but I'm a flower child through and through. You don't have to walk around wearing birkenstocks and long skirts to be "earthy". My partner and I are very compatible although it took him a little getting use to my full moon rituals and pagan ways...
I love it. Preppy Pagan.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Take a look at Burning Man, an event that would probably horrify you lol. That population is so professionally diverse. You name it, they got it.
Yes, I am familiar with what it is and, from where I've lived, have known people that have gone. Not my brand of people, at all, and that's for sure.

Now, get in your jammies and go to bed.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Yes, I am familiar with what it is and, from where I've lived, have known people that have gone. Not my brand of people, at all, and that's for sure.
That event is chock full of suits. Suits, scientists, physicians, artists, business owners. A creative bunch to say the least. One of my girlfriends is a long time attendee. She's a PhD geneticist from Harvard who owns and operates a non-profit that bridges US facilities, consumables, and instrumentation to several countries in Africa. What she has done is quite impressive and she's a burner.

Don't worry, you will be rid of me soon enough. I have to stop staying up late every night.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
That event is chock full of suits. Suits, scientists, physicians, artists, business owners. A creative bunch to say the least. One of my girlfriends is a long time attendee. She's a PhD geneticist from Harvard who owns and operates a non-profit that bridges US facilities, consumables, and instrumentation to several countries in Africa. What she has done is quite impressive and she's a burner.

Don't worry, you will be rid of me soon enough. I have to stop staying up late every night.
And all tending toward the pagan. Seems to be a common theme among the recurring dissenters on the "earthy" woman thread.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
And all tending toward the pagan. Seems to be a common theme among the recurring dissenters on the "earthy" woman thread.
I'm not in touch so much with the Pagan world, although I do know people who practice. That and Buddhism. They're all good. I don't see that with my burner friends, who appear more interested in the party and creating art/installations.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
I'm not in touch so much with the Pagan world, although I do know people who practice. That and Buddhism. They're all good. I don't see that with my burner friends, who appear more interested in the party and creating art/installations.
While they're schlepping that far from the East Coast to attend, make sure they check out the New Age hot springs in adjacent Northern California. Having seen where Burning Man takes place on the map of Northern Nevada, the springs ain't far.

We should just pick up the phone and yell at each other. It could be entertaining.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:48 PM

48,556 posts, read 34,920,300 times
Quote:
No, it isn't about guidelines for life. This thread is about attraction and appropriately under "Relationships." If you use stereotypes, and a quick study, to make judgments about who you are, or are not, attracted to, then it just means you are rationing your resources - time and money. This applies to women as well. Could you see a Dallas debutante with a mountain man? It ain't the norm. If, per the "sniff test," she's not attracted to him and doesn't want to know anything about him, that's her prerogative. People generally know in a nanosecond if they're attracted to someone.
Ok, so here's the thing. I'll use myself as an example.

I spend most my current work days in sun dresses and jeans. Ponytail and fresh faced.

I also spent the majority of my life in power jobs, and power suits.

I do yoga, hike and into photography.

I also attend the Governor's Ball every year in full glam.

I was once told by a guy I seem like the type of woman who dines out all the time, and have nothing in my kitchen. I'm an avid cook AND gardener.

I hob nob with successful people and drink with the crew.

THAT's why I laugh at applying stereotypes.

You can only know a person, once you take the time to know them.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:50 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,748,940 times
Quote:
While they're schlepping that far from the East Coast to attend, make sure they check out the New Age hot springs in adjacent Northern California. Having seen where Burning Man takes place on the map of Northern Nevada, the springs ain't far.

We should just pick up the phone and yell at each other. It could be entertaining.
Oh look, he's flirting with Braunwyn

Old 03-06-2012, 08:54 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,029,491 times
Quote:
So, men, would you date an "earthy" woman?
No I wouldn't.

Doesn't mean they are not worthy, just not my taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships