Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 01:50 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,153,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Nope, happily married to a guy who doesn't wear skinny jeans or sunglasses inside!

He also has an above-average sense of humor
I think we all gathered that

Seriously though, I could understand someone wearing the sunglasses for vanity sake being a deal-breaker, but then it's the vanity, not the actual glasses. But honestly, I think that if someone was so vane that they could not tolerate me for how I appeared, EVEN if there was a medical reason, THAT would be a dealbreaker for me. In fact I know it!

Very few things are dealbreakers, other than kids/no kids being the obvious. And generally not getting along. i could tolerate a lot of things, but only if the other half could too. I don't think I could tolerate racism, or other forms of prejudice. But I could (theoretically) get around someone who polar opposite political views, IF they could be open to mine and IF they could justify theirs without spewing hate.

Most of these things are really just a part of something bigger, and it is difficult to analyze them in a vacuum without looking at the whole person. At least it is for me. (Again, the kid/no kid thing is pretty black and white, if you know you are one side of that issue, then it is difficult to comprimise.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 02:03 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,096,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmateo View Post
Seriously though, I could understand someone wearing the sunglasses for vanity sake being a deal-breaker, but then it's the vanity, not the actual glasses.
)
Thanks. This is what I actually meant, before it collapsed into the whole "Transitions lenses" debacle.

I agree that true dealbreakers are rare, though we know them when we "see" them. And I think most of the so-called dealbreakers that seem petty to some are "symptoms" of bigger issues that could be dealbreakers, i.e. rudeness to hourly workers = unbearable arrogance.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:16 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,203,729 times
Being too religious, too conservative, and a smoker.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:23 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,370,138 times
Ok, so one of my biggest hard limits is a guy who slouches, has really bad posture and does not know how to present himself well with confidence.

And don't get me started on grammar...

Old 03-06-2012, 03:40 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,370,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Deal breakers -

Smelly
Bad teeth
Long beard
Very overweight
Into witchcraft/Satanism
Hates kids
Hates animals
Hates Life
Loves himself too much.
Doesn't love himself enough.
INSANE.

Ha!! All of the above rates as insane. Imagine all of these in one guy...scary.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:50 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,249,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
If you wear those Transitions glasses that change from glasses to sunglasses, that's a DEFINITE dealbreaker.
Why. So offended by these?

Old 03-06-2012, 03:55 PM

649 posts, read 1,134,357 times
I try not to have any big dealbreakers. I am kind of a music snob, but I can overlook that usually. I just like the pretty/down to earth girl next door types for the most part. Pobody's nerfect!

Old 03-06-2012, 04:22 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,124,368 times
Not wanting kids
Being racist, homophobic, or otherwise intolerant of view points different than their own
Doing drugs
Being overweight and not taking good care of their personal hygiene...i.e. showering, teeth brushing, clean clothes, etc.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:31 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,603,806 times
I dont care if me and a woman are compatible in every single way, if she has ugly feet, I am out the door without looking back. She can be a 10 from the ankles up, if her feet arent well manicured and shaped nicely, I just cant do it.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:53 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,517,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
So we all know that there is no such thing as "perfection". But there are some things about a person that will just make you go "Uhhh.....no.". And fully decide to stop dating or being with them.

What are these things for you personally? What are your deal breakers?
If she has a kid.
Not in shape.
Does not believe in God.
Not willing to work for a salary.
Not good with finances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships