Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 09:24 AM

788 posts, read 1,273,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Yes. Take them off and put on your regular glasses. You're INSIDE, not outside. I wear Rx sunglasses, and that's what I do.

If you wear those Transitions glasses that change from glasses to sunglasses, that's a DEFINITE dealbreaker.
I have a friend who CAN'T take them off inside because he's so light sensitive and gets awful migraines when he's exposed to light without his sunglasses.

I lived in NYC for a long time, and sometimes the only personal space you can get is that which is created by your sunglasses (unless you've experienced it, this one is tough to explain), so I'm completely guilty of indoor sunglasses. Most of that city is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 09:26 AM

3,989 posts, read 5,023,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
and girls dont have obsessions over clothes, reality tv, talking on the phone with each other?
That's a silly response to an honest answer she provided. She was speaking of people she knew but did not say that only men are obsessed with hobbies...

And didn't the moderator say no gender bashing? Girls only are obsessed with clothes and the like? Really, silly comment that doesn't add to the OP.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:33 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,403,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
That's a silly response to an honest answer she provided. She was speaking of people she knew but did not say that only men are obsessed with hobbies...

And didn't the moderator say no gender bashing? Girls only are obsessed with clothes and the like? Really, silly comment that doesn't add to the OP.
im not gender bashing at all, guys watching their favorite sports teams and going to see games? Thats really that extreme?

Old 03-06-2012, 09:33 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,074,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Single much?
Nope, happily married to a guy who doesn't wear skinny jeans or sunglasses inside!

He also has an above-average sense of humor.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:38 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,652,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
and girls dont have obsessions over clothes, reality tv, talking on the phone with each other?

So I gather you did not read my last line... And those women to me would also be a no-no if I was a chap.

Also I would argue that on the whole , most women I know would pick spending time with their spouses over shopping.

Some women have obsessions too but men do seem more prone to becoming all engrossed 100% into one single activity.

And I was not talking about a few games, I am talking about people who cannot possibly miss one game, who cannot possibly record a game, who cannot possibly go to a family event or a romantic dinner because there is a game on, men who behave like three year olds every time their favourite sports is mentioned.

A cousin of my Husband was listening to a Cricket Game in the Church whilst his own Brother was getting married. On a little portable TV. Heaven forbid he could record the bloody thing and watch it later. Tell me that is healthy and normal... He spent most of the reception with his mates watching the game. How rude, incosiderate , churlish and childish can one human being get...

I love a lot of things , but I am not obsessive about it. I have a life outside of one specific interest. Many people do not which would be absolutely fine if they were not making someone else pay the price for their obsession.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:40 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,830,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
If you wear those Transitions glasses that change from glasses to sunglasses, that's a DEFINITE dealbreaker.
Well that's silly... they lighten when you go inside. And tranisitions aren't intended as sunglasses so you'll "look cool", they're intended to protect your eyes from the sunrays, particularly when you're older.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:44 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,025,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yes. Take them off and put on your regular glasses. You're INSIDE, not outside. I wear Rx sunglasses, and that's what I do.

Not only do I wear transitions when I'm extra busy, I wear PROGRESSIVE transitions. And until I learn to run my errands on roller blades, I will continue to wear them.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:45 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,074,140 times
They don't always lighten all the way.

It really was a joke.

But I still wouldn't date someone who wore them.

Sorry it wouldn't work out with us, Whyte Bird

Old 03-06-2012, 12:10 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,506,320 times
Deal breakers -

Smelly
Bad teeth
Long beard
Very overweight
Into witchcraft/Satanism
Hates kids
Hates animals
Hates Life
Loves himself too much.
Doesn't love himself enough.
INSANE.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:54 PM

773 posts, read 1,261,453 times
My biggest two are:

Lack of ethics — this encompasses many things, such as lying, cheating, illegal activities, dispassion, etc.

Someone with children or who wants children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships