Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 02:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm different from you. Sexual compatibility is not the most important factor for me. I want a woman who will love me and treat me right, and in reciprocation, I do that same for her. I'm a virgin, yes. I plan to be that way because I'm a Christian, of the Roman Catholic faith. I want to stay a virgin until marriage because I want my first time to be with a woman I'm married to. To me, sex outside of marriage is meaningless. You might think I'm limiting myself, but it is my faith that I consider important. If any woman I want to date has her heart for Christ and I am on the same direction, why worry about sex?

I still stand by my message to the OP. I don't think of his waiting until marriage as limiting himself. I think for him, it will be that much more valuable and meaningful if he waits until marriage.
But that's not what you said, several times.
You're saying that women are the problem. They're not a problem, as you said when called on it, they're just looking for something different.

I went to catholic school, trust me, not all catholics are virgins. By any means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 02:19 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It is a shame to most people don't have any morals anymore. This society has become hyper-sexed. People want to do things their own way.
It's a shame that this society has become hyper-sexed, but it was already getting like this. It doesn't surprise me.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:22 PM

Sex is not your enemy.
It's fun! At least, it should be.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:24 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
But that's not what you said, several times.
You're saying that women are the problem. They're not a problem, as you said when called on it, they're just looking for something different.

I went to catholic school, trust me, not all catholics are virgins. By any means.
I never said all women were the problem. I said if a man gets rejected because he's a virgin, it is not his problem. The burden is on that woman for judging him that way. That is what I meant. If a woman won't date me because I choose to save sex for the day I get married, then it's not my problem. It is her problem because she is the one who decides to be judgmental. It might be her preference to date a man who isn't a virgin, but I look at rejecting someone because they're a virgin as petty.

I am aware that there are Catholics who lose their virginity before marriage. It doesn't meant the teachings support that.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:32 PM

770 posts, read 1,177,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It is a shame to most people don't have any morals anymore. This society has become hyper-sexed. People want to do things their own way.
Who else's way are we supposed to do it?

Old 03-18-2012, 04:20 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
It might be her preference to date a man who isn't a virgin, but I look at rejecting someone because they're a virgin as petty.
I agree. But then, I also look at rejecting someone because they're not a virgin as petty.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:28 PM

434 posts, read 684,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Sex is not your enemy.
It's fun! At least, it should be.
I agree. And it's natural and normal too (uh oh, those two words together again). LOL!

Old 03-18-2012, 10:14 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,783,495 times
I have not read any of the multiple pages on this thread but my answer is a definite NO. For me, sexual compatibility is important and I would not have married my husband if he had a low sex drive or performed so poorly in bed that I couldn't achieve a basic orgasm. Sexual happiness is an important part of marriage (IMO) so its only fair for both of us to do that before we thought of marriage at all.. I was in one relationship for a year with a guy who was very shy about sex in general only to find out he was a premature shooter in the bedroom and had problems maintaining hardness..I wish I could have known sooner before investing a year of my life on trying to build something with no hope of it improving (there were other issues he had too which resulted in me dumping him anyway).

Old 03-18-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
I never said all women were the problem. I said if a man gets rejected because he's a virgin, it is not his problem. The burden is on that woman for judging him that way. That is what I meant. If a woman won't date me because I choose to save sex for the day I get married, then it's not my problem. It is her problem because she is the one who decides to be judgmental. It might be her preference to date a man who isn't a virgin, but I look at rejecting someone because they're a virgin as petty.

I am aware that there are Catholics who lose their virginity before marriage. It doesn't meant the teachings support that.
Funny, you're arguing something that I didn't say.
If you're interested in her and she rejects you, it certainly is your problem.
It's not her problem, you become past tense because of her preference.

The teachings don't support pedophile priests, either. Of course, it's pretty widely accepted and practiced.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:56 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Yeah, weird, isn't it?

I mean, it's not like we're biological creatures with innate sexual drives shaped by eons of evolution, or social creatures with untold generations of cultural constructs that emphasize pair bonding and expressions of love through sexual contact!

Oh, wait ... no, that's exactly what we are...
I don't think it's as much about this as it is about personal choices. Yea, yea humans 'innately' do this and 'biologically driven' to do that. But at the end of the day you're still left with a bunch of choices in life. Everyone has to do what is correct/right for them. You have to weigh how much it matters to you that 'you may never find someone (gasp)' or 'you're limiting the dating options, etc.' That means less to me then being forced into doing things I don't want to do in order to follow some kind of biological or societal path (however you want to phrase it). Maybe someone else sees it the opposite way, oh well. Again, boils down to choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships