Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 09:21 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,854,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Many complain about a cheating partner. And blame the other.
Maybe you're being cheated on is because you're a boring person, humorless, inactive, dull witted, controlling, demanding, or religious zealot.
Don't cast all blame on your partner. Try some self-examination. You just might discover a reason.
Yeah and you know those people who get in car accidents because a drunk driver hit them? Totally their fault for driving near an intoxicated driver. Why do people never learn that the reason they got hit by a drunk driver was that they were driving on the same road?

Old 03-15-2012, 09:56 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,122,815 times
I think the cheater just describes the person they are cheating on as all those things to justify their own cheating. My spouse is so boring now, they aren't any fun, blah blah blah. If that's true, then DIVORCE them or BREAK up with them, and then go bang whoever you want. Good try, but there's really nothing that excuses lying and sneaking around behind someone's back.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:10 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,685,641 times
Lightbulb Absolute...Utter...Hot...Steaming...Bull(CENSORED)

Quote:
There's plenty of excuses to cheat; thrills, excitement, trying something new or different. Cheating is fun! But leave all your guilt (and moral) complexes out of it.
Cheating is NOT fun, and if you mess with the wrong person's husband or wife, then that granite countertop you've been dreaming about, will become either a cell in the joint, or a marble slab at the county coroner's office...

You can skip about going 'la-de-da la-de-dee Getting more trim is the life for me!' all you want, and then try to justify that s**t by running down the cheated-upon person (leave your guilt and moral complexes out of it---yeah right) all you want...

But if having fun sex with someone you're not married to or dating is such a rush, then go get a blow-up Susie doll, or better yet, go to the produce section of your local supermarket, and get a cantaloupe or a watermelon, hollow that bad boy out, and get busy...or, you can use that time-honored standby, a bottle of warm water that you can give any name you want

Trying to be nonchalant and saying 'cheating is fun' makes you oblivious to the fact that most folks ain't havin' that nonsense, and will try to lay the smackdown on you with the quickness---and that'll be fun for THEM

Old 03-15-2012, 10:13 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,207,423 times
I recommend that more people should have affairs outside their relationships.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:13 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,225,699 times
Quote:
Adults (mature people) can explain things with reason and logic. Immaturity will resort to mere labels: such as 'it's wrong", 'you need to grow up', etc.
People that can't explain much usually apply the morals they have been taught. But morals are human inventions.
So empathy isn't logical? The same empathy that keeps our society from ripping each other apart? Let me guess, you're of the mindset of people should do what feels good no matter who it hurts. Use people without any consideration for them.

As for the sociopath label, I call a spade a spade. There's nothing you've written on here that indicates you are not. The 'cheating is fun' mentality, the blame-the-victim mentality, calling cards of a sociopath. Or your just a really talented troll which would be really sad because your too old for that :smh:

Old 03-15-2012, 10:14 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,974,167 times
Quote:
There's plenty of excuses to cheat; thrills, excitement, trying something new or different. Cheating is fun! But leave all your guilt (and moral) complexes out of it.
It sounds to me like the person cheating is the one with low self esteem

As was stated before, if they don't have the balls to just break up, it shows they are a weak minded person who doesn't deserve anything.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:26 AM

688 posts, read 898,611 times
Quote:
I recommend that more people should have affairs outside their relationships.
I'm almost 100% sure that you are simply trolling now. No one can be this heartless and advertise it.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:59 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,337,991 times
this is stupid...but I'll have to have my say anyway...cheaters are at fault for cheating, our society is mostly set up for monogamous relationships. If a person enters in a relationship and knows the other person is not into an open relationship, then they should make a decision if they want to be with that other person or not. When things change or don't pan out the way you'd hoped, talk to the partner about it and decide to stay or go or work it out or whatever. Cheating isn't about sex, it's about control, they say and low selfesteem...my cheating ex told me it was his fault he cheated, not mine..as if that made it easier...he's still cheating.... on someone else now though

Old 03-15-2012, 01:07 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,207,423 times
None of the opinions here against cheating are sufficient. The name calling and labels are not explained. Probably because those who write them don't do much thinking about it.
Low self-esteem abounds in just about every thread on the relationship forum. Many insecure people.
If the people can't explain their contra to cheating, they are probably afraid to examine their behavior - which gets back to the OP.
Anyone have any philosophical views? More elaborate than 'cheating in wrong'?

Old 03-15-2012, 01:17 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,219,501 times
If a person is a perpetual cheater, why not just find someone who's a swinger or is okay with an occasional fling with someone else? I know most people lean toward monogamy, but there are those who don't. Cheating is messy and can be very hurtful for the other person in the relationship (not to mention children if they're married). Why not just find someone with a like-minded approach?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.