Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 04:28 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,209,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
No.

Humans are by nature not monogamous animals. We are controlled by societal pressures and mores. In the primate world from whence we evolved the only monogamous ape is the gibbon and even they cheat on one another.
Thanks.
This the answer to post #56.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I've got your philosophy RIGHT HERE...

First of all, you can take that high-handed 'you're all insecure losers because you disagree with my super-terrific cheating thread' baloney and take a short hike off a long cliff...unless 'Blankity-Blank', where you 'live' is the summer home of the Almighty, and He asked you to stand in for him while he rolls down to Cancun, you don't have the stones OR the authority to tell anybody else what and who they are...

Secondly, I don't give a rat's a** dipped in butter about how YOU think it's OK for people to cheat, the s**t is WRONG, and trust me, you won't be able to philosiphize your way out of an a**-whipping or a blast of double-ought buck from somebody's husband, should you choose to try and lay pipe with his wife...

You may want to try another line of work there, son, because being a jackleg chat-forum sex therapist and part-time playboy, ain't your perfect job description...is that philosophical enough for you?
It's a funny post! A lot of words that say nothing, except your anger. I guess you don't understand the concept of philosophy. But that's okay, keep up the humor. I can almost see you with blazing eyeballs and white knuckles as you angrily pound away at the keyboard.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:58 PM

Low self-esteem hurts, because low self-esteem is vulnerable.
When cheated on the insecure person is emotionally too weak for any self-examination and usually desires revenge. Jealousy is also a factor.
But, as some posters have pointed out, some people want to own a person or be owned. They feel secure that way.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:12 PM

773 posts, read 1,261,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I know there are extenuating circumstances, like when the cheater tried everything prior....talking to their s/o...warning them they think something like this could happen if things don't change...things like that. But that's when they should say they've tried their best and feel unheard or not taken seriously, now they're leaving. I know someone in this situation right now and that he won't leave it puts him right where he deserves to be.
Grain of truth in that. I mentioned the male friend I have whose wife parked him in the guesthouse so she can co-sleep with their three school-aged kids. She's fine with not having sex at all.

He talked to his kids about how they'd feel if he and his wife separated, and there was a huge meltdown. Kids freaked out in a big, terrible way. He doesn't want to leave his kids, either. That would tear him apart.

Do I blame him for staying? For not leaving? I don't know what the "right" thing to do is in this case. He's one of those "I've tried everything under the sun!" types. If someone has a logical, reasonable, fair solution for a someone in this position — a solution that doesn't hurt the wife or the kids — I salute you.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:18 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,750,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
i've got your philosophy right here...

First of all, you can take that high-handed 'you're all insecure losers because you disagree with my super-terrific cheating thread' baloney and take a short hike off a long cliff...unless 'blankity-blank', where you 'live' is the summer home of the almighty, and he asked you to stand in for him while he rolls down to cancun, you don't have the stones or the authority to tell anybody else what and who they are...

secondly, i don't give a rat's a** dipped in butter about how you think it's ok for people to cheat, the s**t is wrong, and trust me, you won't be able to philosiphize your way out of an a**-whipping or a blast of double-ought buck from somebody's husband, should you choose to try and lay pipe with his wife...

You may want to try another line of work there, son, because being a jackleg chat-forum sex therapist and part-time playboy, ain't your perfect job description...is that philosophical enough for you?
lmao.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:37 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,177,557 times
Remindes me of when people blame the rape victim for being scantily clad at 2am leaving the bar...

Old 03-15-2012, 06:42 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,216,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Many complain about a cheating partner. And blame the other.
Maybe you're being cheated on is because you're a boring person, humorless, inactive, dull witted, controlling, demanding, or religious zealot.
Don't cast all blame on your partner. Try some self-examination. You just might discover a reason.
That is nothing short of unbelievably stupid. If someone is ... whatever LEAVE THEM. Cheating is for people of little or no character. Period.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:02 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
That is nothing short of unbelievably stupid. If someone is ... whatever LEAVE THEM. Cheating is for people of little or no character. Period.
That is a very narrow minded, one dimensional view that simply isn't true at all. People are far more complex, relationships are much more complicated. Nothing is black and white.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:10 PM

261 posts, read 358,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Except that it IS hard when your finances, children, social life, families, etc, are all comingled together to form a life. A life you might very well like.

Cheating is NEVER ok.
But let's be real about how hard it can be to end a relationship just to have sex with someone else.
People make sex out to be so freakin' meaningful and like it represents everything about your life. Oh, dump everything else in your life because of your unhappy sex...gimme a break.
Stan I can't rep you anymore.
There's a lot of truth in this post.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 PM

261 posts, read 358,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
well I'm done repping for a while..great posts!!
LOL, me too! Been repping and reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships