Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 02:02 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,020,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
None of the opinions here against cheating are sufficient. The name calling and labels are not explained. Probably because those who write them don't do much thinking about it.
Low self-esteem abounds in just about every thread on the relationship forum. Many insecure people.
If the people can't explain their contra to cheating, they are probably afraid to examine their behavior - which gets back to the OP.
Anyone have any philosophical views? More elaborate than 'cheating in wrong'?
Don't you see? Life is so much easier when you live in a superlative world. This is "never" justified. Cheating is "always" wrong. The wronged part is "never" at fault, even a little.

If your spouse has zero interest in sex and grudgingly performs 6-7 times a year as though they are doing you a favor, then just leave them! Screw the children, screw everything else that is good about the relationship. Nothing matters except upholding that vow that you made when they WERE still interested in sex.

Yes, life is so much easier that way...

Old 03-15-2012, 02:02 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,678,030 times
You tell em capn'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I've got your philosophy RIGHT HERE...

First of all, you can take that high-handed 'you're all insecure losers because you disagree with my super-terrific cheating thread' baloney and take a short hike off a long cliff...unless 'Blankity-Blank', where you 'live' is the summer home of the Almighty, and He asked you to stand in for him while he rolls down to Cancun, you don't have the stones OR the authority to tell anybody else what and who they are...

Secondly, I don't give a rat's a** dipped in butter about how YOU think it's OK for people to cheat, the s**t is WRONG, and trust me, you won't be able to philosiphize your way out of an a**-whipping or a blast of double-ought buck from somebody's husband, should you choose to try and lay pipe with his wife...

You may want to try another line of work there, son, because being a jackleg chat-forum sex therapist and part-time playboy, ain't your perfect job description...is that philosophical enough for you?

Old 03-15-2012, 02:04 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,036,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I've got your philosophy RIGHT HERE...

First of all, you can take that high-handed 'you're all insecure losers because you disagree with my super-terrific cheating thread' baloney and take a short hike off a long cliff...unless 'Blankity-Blank', where you 'live' is the summer home of the Almighty, and He asked you to stand in for him while he rolls down to Cancun, you don't have the stones OR the authority to tell anybody else what and who they are...

Secondly, I don't give a rat's a** dipped in butter about how YOU think it's OK for people to cheat, the s**t is WRONG, and trust me, you won't be able to philosiphize your way out of an a**-whipping or a blast of double-ought buck from somebody's husband, should you choose to try and lay pipe with his wife...

You may want to try another line of work there, son, because being a jackleg chat-forum sex therapist and part-time playboy, ain't your perfect job description...is that philosophical enough for you?
[Often wishes there was a forum feature here that allows readers to see how many reps a post gets]

Old 03-15-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Don't you see? Life is so much easier when you live in a superlative world. This is "never" justified. Cheating is "always" wrong. The wronged part is "never" at fault, even a little.

If your spouse has zero interest in sex and grudgingly performs 6-7 times a year as though they are doing you a favor, then just leave them! Screw the children, screw everything else that is good about the relationship. Nothing matters except upholding that vow that you made when they WERE still interested in sex.

If you're going to cheat because your spouse is a slug, at least have the decency to explain this to him or her beforehand. Cheating is never justified. The right thing to do if one is unhappy in a relationship is to discuss it with the partner.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
If you're going to cheat because your spouse is a slug, at least have the decency to explain this to him or her beforehand. Cheating is never justified. The right thing to do if one is unhappy in a relationship is to discuss it with the partner.
Seriously? Do you think that people who are in sexually unsatisfying marriages don't try hundreds of times to talk to them about it?

Old 03-15-2012, 02:13 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,507,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Many complain about a cheating partner. And blame the other.
Maybe you're being cheated on is because you're a boring person, humorless, inactive, dull witted, controlling, demanding, or religious zealot.
Don't cast all blame on your partner. Try some self-examination. You just might discover a reason.
I bloody well agree!!!! Cheating is never right, but sometimes it is a bit understandable!!!! Sometimes you just get stuck married to the most useless idiot that ever walked the earth.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:14 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,233,866 times
Quote:

Quote:
Seriously? Do you think that people who are in sexually unsatisfying marriages don't try hundreds of times to talk to them about it?
Well have you thought about this scenario; they find out your cheating on them and decide to get a divorce. So the thing you were trying to avoid happens anyway. Just separate, file those papers and get it over with.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Book, in that case, I don't judge. If you tell your spouse -- I am not sexually satisfied, I want more sex, I am thinking about cheating, but I don't want to, etc. -- and that doesn't lead to some real soul searching then this is a different case. In fact, is it really "cheating" if you tell your spouse before hand that you are going to look for sex elsewhere if changes aren't made?

Old 03-15-2012, 02:18 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,342,436 times
well I'm done repping for a while..great posts!!

Old 03-15-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Book, in that case, I don't judge. If you tell your spouse -- I am not sexually satisfied, I want more sex, I am thinking about cheating, but I don't want to, etc. -- and that doesn't lead to some real soul searching then this is a different case. In fact, is it really "cheating" if you tell your spouse before hand that you are going to look for sex elsewhere if changes aren't made?
I appreciate that. I just want to point out that not all cheaters are like that pig in the Geico commercials screaming "WE WE WEEEEEE".

Some of them (granted, not all) feel hurt and rejected and agonize over it before they take the plunge and just hope their spouse never finds out and gets hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships