Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 07:03 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,416,910 times

Advertisements

OP. I know that your wife is home and that you had gotten to talk to her, but that insecurity and paranoia will kill your marriage faster than any perceived decline in your youth/looks. Recognizing that you are insecure is one thing; doing something productive about it is another issue altogether.

WRT technology: yes, it's a great thing, but I think that people read too much into it if they don't get an instant reply to their phone call/text. There are dead zones, delays in receiving messages, and so on. Technology is going to be imperfect, just like the people who invented it, and those who work with it. Not to mention that there are other legitimate reason not to answer one's phone.

I also understand what you said about car accidents and highway robberies, but the majority of us go about our day without being robbed or crashing our cars. Look at it another way; when you got in touch with the co-worker, they were all in cars, en route to somewhere, right? For all the scenarios that crossed your mind, how would you feel if she were driving, saw your missed calls, and then got into an accident trying to get back to you, thinking that something bad had happened at home? Just another thing to consider.

I don't think for a second this is about your wife ending up as a victim of a car crash or carjacking. This is your insecurity and paranoia masking as concern, and it's a huge reason that I'm single now. Three years of it was bad enough, but 33? No way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships