Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is more attractive to women?
Looks 29 43.28%
Money 38 56.72%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 08:57 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,197,805 times

Advertisements

Hmmmm.....good question.

I'm a good looking 1%-er so I can't answer your question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 09:01 AM

3,295 posts, read 7,023,524 times
Neither.

Personality.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:07 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,503,953 times
I'd say both. Different women want different things. I'd say that the most attractive women are not wowed by men with really good looks. They know from their own attractiveness that it is just skin deep. It seems to me that women that seek out really buff good looking guys are insecure in their own situation and need something to prop them up.

Sort of like the trophy wife syndrome. A guy gets status (he thinks) by coupling up with a bombshell to boost his ego.

Really attractive women are often much more down to earth when it comes to selecting partners. Trust, compatibility, security seem more important to them.

The worst are the "just about to be irrelevant" but "once good looking" women who can't let it go. Really sad to see it.

Last edited by Wilson513; 03-18-2012 at 09:15 AM..

Old 03-18-2012, 09:07 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,433,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I'll take looks and brains.

I got my own money.
Bingo! It's better to have your own so he doesn't hang money over your head like a mistletoe.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:59 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,549,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
So.

What are you offering across the board?
Thread is about looks vs. money, not me.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:03 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,562,766 times
I don't believe your question can be answered, because it doesn't depend on the one being judged, but upon the one judging -- the woman, and her level of maturity and foresight.

For myself, when I was so immature to think that looks mattered, I found myself with men that spent the majority of our time together looking at their reflection (mirrors, windows, others' admiring faces). When I dated wealthy men, I got bored with their ceaseless boasting about how much they were worth, and their idea that everything in life could be bought.

Then I found a poor, average looking guy who captured my heart with his hopes, dreams, aspirations, and interests. I married him. So far, 26 years later, and so good!

Old 03-18-2012, 10:10 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,388,804 times
I really try to go for both the looks and money LOL ... Actually, I look for the trifecta of looks, money, and intelligence!

But if I had to choose between the two, I'll vote for money because, to me, money is often a side effect of other traits in a man that I find very attractive... intelligence, education, confidence, talent, drive, ambition, hard work, strength, power, attractive personality, social skills...

I have also dated extremely good looking men (e.g. a male model in college) who had not much of a personality or intellect and inevitability ended up becoming unattractive to me after a few dates. But they do look good in pictures.... definitely eye candy.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 03-18-2012 at 10:21 AM..

Old 03-18-2012, 10:24 AM

40,956 posts, read 49,260,682 times
The uglier you are, the more money you should have.

Being ugly, broke and stupid

Old 03-18-2012, 10:33 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,612,330 times
Its neither but it is such a huge misconception by so many dudes out there. Guys spend long years, trying to look attractive, work out religously, blow money on overpriced clothes, cars the list goes on and on. When in reality, of course both looks and money help a little, but they hardly guarantee success with the opposite sex. The guy needs to be a master of his enviroment, know exactly what he wants and go for it, and be comfortable in his own skin. Money and looks will only take you so far, and there are far more important things to consider.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:22 AM

788 posts, read 1,272,880 times
Quote:
I would say looks first because there is no way to tell if that guy has 'money' first.

There are men who will average to earn $40K a year and end up being a multi-millionaire.
I agree. I currently have a physician interested in me. He's in great shape, nice looking, very bright, has lots of money and is very into his expensive lifestyle. But I actually liked a struggling attorney better. He was gorgeous, in great shape, very bright, funny, and didn't earn much. I had more in common with him and didn't care that he had less money. He was also more frugal, which suits me. So it depends upon the person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships