Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is more attractive to women?
Looks 29 43.28%
Money 38 56.72%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 05:08 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,552,258 times

Advertisements

So from what I'm understanding it's that as long someone has money you can cheat with someone who looks better then your S/O. Really??
While your at it why don't the two of you just smack each other around? Besides if your just going after money who needs to be loved? According to some on here it's over-rated anyhow. On the plus side when your S/O dies you can save your gold digging arse money by pushing thier dead body into a ditch.

After all the person you married for thier money deserves your best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 07:00 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,400,477 times
yikes didnt realize women were this shallow... i guess this shows that men have to be careful with their money. Its no secret that a lot of divorces start due to money issues

Old 03-19-2012, 07:04 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,576 times
Money, looks dont mean much, you can buy nice clothes, lose weight and be good.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:16 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,639,758 times
Personality + the chemistry between us ( which is a blend of physical and intellectual attraction for me). Money ? Meh. Been there , done that, got the T-Shirt. Money is over-rated. I obviously prefer not to be poor and would rather be comfortably off but wealth is definitely not what I am after. As long as I have enough for my needs then I need no more. Money is great but it really is not that important. To me it is more a cherry on the cake rather than the cake itself.

If a guy is boring as hell , he can have all the money in the world or in fact look like an Adonis and nothing will make me interesting and appealing enough for me to waste time with Him.

Both looks and money are grossly over-rated IMO. Sexy often has little to do with looks but how you somehow connect with someone in my opinion. Highly personal basically.

I would much rather have an intelligent, fun, exciting, good decent man in my life than a wealthy boring guy or a "gorgeous" dullard. Life is about more than sportscars, yachts and rolexes and sheer physical beauty hopefully.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:29 AM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
The classic question. Which man will most women find more attractive, other things being equal?

A. A man who is good-looking, goes to the gym, and keeps his body in very good shape, but earns $40,000 / yr.

B. A man with subpar looks, balding, a bit of a beer belly, but earns a six-figure salary.
I would prefer someone more health conscious than not so in this scenario, I would chose A. but this had nothing to do with the salary or really the looks. All things being equal? Healthy lifestyle for life long companion.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:36 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,202,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I will agree that looks and earning ability are positively correlated. If you go into corporate sales, marketing, advertising, P/R, or the less technically sophisticated areas of financial services, the attractive people do well because people want to be around them, people want to socialize with them, and thus hand them business or accounts. That's for the most part who you see changing planes in airport concourses, texting or having a very rehearsed sounding conversation on their cell phone.
He-he, I absolutely agree with this, but I never thought of the correlation between your point and my own observation of seeing the most attractive men at airports. I just figured they always lived in other cities offering better positions (which is true). It's not only that, though... The type of position makes a difference, too, and they do mostly travel on business.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:04 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,807,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypresstosocal View Post
This thread is disgusting
Yeah it is. This is the sort of thing that makes me want to just throw in the towel when it comes to people. Some real scuzballs out there indeed.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:25 AM

12,787 posts, read 15,010,201 times
In my previous post on the previous page, I'm saying what I strongly believe that MOST women want. I personally am dating someone w/ zero money, so you know I'm not in it for the money. I love his personality & the way he treats & repsects me.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:55 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,284,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I think most people will take money over looks any day. Looks will fade & even the most gorgeous looking people get cheated on still, so looks aren't everything. However, on all these forensic TV shows, look how many people will kill their spouse at the drop of a hat for the insurance money & they've many times been having affairs w/ others anyway. Also, look how many women you see w/ the old, bald, fossil face, who's RICH.

Many women just like to be able to be pampered, shop, travel, get lavish gifts, be wined & dined. That can't be done if the man doesn't have money.
Yes, and in real life, the same individuals who go to crime scenes with guns drawn are also in the forensics lab performing experiments.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:58 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,155,879 times
This is sort of a sad "reality" for guys. If a women would prefer money over someone that they are attracted to/ in love with. Then that says alot about the "morality" of some women. You would really rather be with a guy that you wouldn't want to touch, play with/ look at than with someone who get's your heart rolling. That's pretty sad. Money isn't everything.

I thought many women on c-d had a little more tact then that..But the money side is winning pretty handedly. So that tells me alot..Kind of sad if you ask me. It seems to speak volumes of many things. For one, it makes me wonder what sort of fears "women" are having in this current economy. Which doesn't really make sense, because last time I knew-there were more women in college than men. So if it is strictly for financial security, then their union isn't one of love/desire/want. It's strictly out of "economic security". Which goes against everything that marriage is supposed to be. How have we "morally" fallen so hard as a race? This is very sad. Because I think people are being honest. They are basically saying, I can live without being in love and what not as long as I can get my hair/ finger nails/ whatever done when I want to, as well as having a huge home to come home too and no financial worries..I would like to think that women have a more holistic view of life in all its spiritual form..I am also wondering how many men have answered money for them? Hmm, very eye opening if nothing else. I guess I am a bit naive/ dellusional. I thought, when it comes down to it, we find partners who we are attracted to and have something in common with. Not just someone to take care of us..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships