Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 11:47 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,029,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
If I remember correctly, you have a habit of choosing not so great men. Based on your history, I would say that you shouldn't ruin your career and life to move to another country for a man who can't even get a job.

However, if you're set on doing it, you need to research your options. You're a teacher and you might have some great chances to get on as an English teacher/tutor (you can sometimes get free room, too).
This man is a gentleman, is very dear to my heart, and I've already presented him to my family and friends and they approve. I will be going to his country to meet his family and friends. He cares a lot about me and I, him.

We've discussed options for residency and work in the United States with an immigration lawyer but I think he would prefer me living with him in his country as he's been out of work due to his country's high unemployment.

The thing is, I've never pressured him about marriage or babies (surprise surprise!) He told me he wanted to marry me multiple times and doesn't want anyone else to have me. But, he needs a job first...

I guess, this summer when I go stay with him, time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 11:48 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,029,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hey, that's Southern Europe! La Mamma will adopt her, too, and will cook for both of them!
Actually, that's true! He told me that his mom will be cooking everyday for us

Old 12-06-2015, 08:09 AM

9 posts, read 13,389 times
Long distance relationships are difficult but you can make it work. I have been in a long distance relationship before and i found that communication is key. You have to talk on a regular basis, some days you even have to give your partner a play by play of you whole day just to make them feel like they are part of your life.

As for moving to Europe with him that's a big decision but one thing i know is if you really love someone you can make it work anywhere in the world. Good luck with everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships