Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 05:07 PM

701 posts, read 1,563,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
how is that an ignorant mentality. If my own race isnt attracted to me, why cant I feel the same?
Your logic makes no sense, sorry. You have not met every single Black woman on this earth, so to say that your own race isn't attracted to you will never be true. I believe there are negative qualities within yourself that you have out on the forefront that are just repelling women in general, but unfortunately you've internalized this and turn it into a race issue. That being said, something about you intrigued your, white, girlfriend. The same could have happened and you could have ended up with a Black woman, too. Life is crazy that way.

Hell, I'm a Black-Hispanic woman who is seeing a white girl, but I will never say that I'm not attracted to Black men or women and they're not attracted to me because it simply isn't true. You fall in love with the person and their personality, and that match can be found in any race or ethnicity. You need to do some soul-searching, my friend because I would hate to see this internalized racism (which is what you are experiencing) being passed on to your children, should you choose to have any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I don't use it as an excuse. But I do know because I am a Black woman and most people DO stereotype, certain people of different races will not want to date me.
If I had a nickel for every time I've heard a guy specifically state that he will only date White, Asian, or Hispanic (despite this not being a race) girls, I'd be rich and I'm not joking. Black women do get the shaft in the dating process when it comes to being with other races, and it is upsetting. Though, I often find it funny when guys say that they love Hispanic chicks, but when I point out that I'm Hispanic they do a spit-take. Attractive Hispanic women seem to only lie along the color spectrum of Cameron Diaz to Jessica Alba, when really you can have Hispanic/Latin women from Juliana Imai (She's Japanese-Brazilian, so Latin works) all the way to darker than Zoe Saldana. Quel surprise!

Last edited by silverbelles; 06-20-2012 at 05:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 06:30 PM

120 posts, read 211,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
In my opinion, people shouldn't use "race" as a criteria for dating, period.

It's very limiting. They shouldn't limit themselves to certain "races" they should be open to date anybody they have something in common with. Your perfect mate could be from any background, born anywhere on the planet, why limit yourself.
But social psychology sais that the more qualities a man and a woman share in common such as general attitudes, familiar backgrounds, environments, worldviews, and maybe even genetic similarity, the more probable it is that they will be attracted to each other.

The problem today is that people really do not understand social psychology.

Social psychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-20-2012, 06:58 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,846 times
Quote:
how is that an ignorant mentality. If my own race isnt attracted to me, why cant I feel the same?
Who really says my RACE is not attracted to me??? No sir, it's the women that you tried to get with that were not attracted to you. I had a couple of relationships with black guys that didn't work out before I met my husband. I did date a white guy for a few months too, but at no point did it ever occur to me to say black men are too much drama I no longer like them.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:35 PM

27,579 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Well, I don't know about using race as an excuse.

I'm an Indian American male and I've been asked out on dates by women of all ethnic backgrounds... even when I'm wearing a ring on my finger. LOL.

Go figure.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Wait, so all of those women rejected you because they were black?
no black women just rejected me because maybe they thought I was boring, ugly, lame whatever. it wasnt because of skin color.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post
Your logic makes no sense, sorry. You have not met every single Black woman on this earth, so to say that your own race isn't attracted to you will never be true. I believe there are negative qualities within yourself that you have out on the forefront that are just repelling women in general, but unfortunately you've internalized this and turn it into a race issue. That being said, something about you intrigued your, white, girlfriend. The same could have happened and you could have ended up with a Black woman, too. Life is crazy that way.

Hell, I'm a Black-Hispanic woman who is seeing a white girl, but I will never say that I'm not attracted to Black men or women and they're not attracted to me because it simply isn't true. You fall in love with the person and their personality, and that match can be found in any race or ethnicity. You need to do some soul-searching, my friend because I would hate to see this internalized racism (which is what you are experiencing) being passed on to your children, should you choose to have any.

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard a guy specifically state that he will only date White, Asian, or Hispanic (despite this not being a race) girls, I'd be rich and I'm not joking. Black women do get the shaft in the dating process when it comes to being with other races, and it is upsetting. Though, I often find it funny when guys say that they love Hispanic chicks, but when I point out that I'm Hispanic they do a spit-take. Attractive Hispanic women seem to only lie along the color spectrum of Cameron Diaz to Jessica Alba, when really you can have Hispanic/Latin women from Juliana Imai (She's Japanese-Brazilian, so Latin works) all the way to darker than Zoe Saldana. Quel surprise!
I would have agreed with that statement if women of other races were rejecting me too, but the reality for me is, it was black women that I wasnt having success with. When it came to other women of different races, i was doing just fine. Those qualities I apparently have must have only been negative to blackwomen.

Another thing, I dont hate black women. If my son finds a black woman to marry, I'll the happiest guy in the world. I think any guy would be lucky to be with a black woman, but for me I dont find black women attractive.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:48 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,233 times
Race is a very big thing to why someone may or may not want to date. Perconceived notions, stereotypes, worrying about what their friends family and society thinks, reproducing (mixed children) and just plain not being attracted to your race , is very real . If it werent then their would be more interracial dating and we wouldn't have to have 20 page threads on it.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Who really says my RACE is not attracted to me??? No sir, it's the women that you tried to get with that were not attracted to you. I had a couple of relationships with black guys that didn't work out before I met my husband. I did date a white guy for a few months too, but at no point did it ever occur to me to say black men are too much drama I no longer like them.
Couple of points. You said you had a couple of relationships with black guys, I never had any relationships with black women. I was rejected 99% of the time. I never said black women are too much drama. I think black women are great and any guy who ends with a black woman is lucky. The reality is, with other races, i was going fine, but when it came to black women, nothing but crickets.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:57 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Couple of points. You said you had a couple of relationships with black guys, I never had any relationships with black women. I was rejected 99% of the time. I never said black women are too much drama. I think black women are great and any guy who ends with a black woman is lucky. The reality is, with other races, i was going fine, but when it came to black women, nothing but crickets.
What do you think it is about you that is such a turnoff to all black women? And why do you believe white women feel differently?

This is fascinating.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What do you think it is about you that is such a turnoff to all black women? And why do you believe white women feel differently?

This is fascinating.
black women didnt find me attractive, but white women did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships