Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 05:21 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
But Asian countries are way behind the West when it comes to quality of life, standard of living etc etc. If you go to Asia, you would find beggars everywhere, be thankful to the West which has given us the opportunity to be here in the first place.
You've probably never traveled to Asia. It varies significantly by country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 05:22 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,509,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
But Asian countries are way behind the West when it comes to quality of life, standard of living etc etc. If you go to Asia, you would find beggars everywhere, be thankful to the West which has given us the opportunity to be here in the first place.
India has the 4th largest economy but we would have been #1 if partition never happened and India/Pakistan/Bangaldesh was one nation. Politicians are corrupted.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:24 PM

474 posts, read 495,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
LOL. very true.

The main thing holding asian men from dating, besides lack of confidence, is the stereotypes that people have about asian/indian men.

I'm indian, educated, have a good job, am a little boring, and have never been to prison. It's surprising why more women aren't attracted to these qualities than the douche bag who just wants to get in their pants.
Women mostly love bad guys, you can read about that it's everywhere. And I have seen it from personal experience, I know this pretty looking young woman who's decently educated as well fall for a guy who used to work as a bouncer in a club and was very unstable to begin with just because he acted sweet and charming towards her. Guess what, they got married he got his Green card and eventually dumped her and moved on.

I am not saying all women are this way but most younger women love the vibe that a bad guy gives off, and being an educated desi you wouldn't ever give the same vibe so they aren't usually that attracted to you.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
You've probably never traveled to Asia. It varies significantly by country.
And yet when it comes to the index of nations that are least corrupt, have got the highest standards of living, the best schools etc etc Europe and America(including Canada) are way above most countries in Asia. I am not saying Asia isn't developing but barring a few countries there, I don't feel the changes are as impressive as they should be.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
India has the 4th largest economy but we would have been #1 if partition never happened and India/Pakistan/Bangaldesh was one nation. Politicians are corrupted.
The problem goes beyond just politicians, who are the people that elect them in the first place. But then again, this isn't the forum to talk about this so I shall leave this discussion for another day.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:28 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
I don't know what the OP is asking? Is this being asked of Caucasians who don't date other races? Or is it being asked of other races who won't date anything except their own race or just Caucasians?

Typically, I have known more women from other races (Middle Eastern, Hispanic, Asian) who DON'T want to date their own and are holding out for some collegiate Caucasian dude. Most of the time, they don't get what they want, so they resort back to someone of their own race or to an older Caucasian guy. I also had one black male friend that wouldn't even consider anything except a white woman. And he had 2 brothers who view it the same way.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:29 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,382 times
"Just get over it"? How can you get over it if it keeps affecting your life? I bet the people saying this are probably Caucasion

Old 03-22-2012, 05:30 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,509,467 times
Quote:
LOL. very true.

The main thing holding asian men from dating, besides lack of confidence, is the stereotypes that people have about asian/indian men.

I'm indian, educated, have a good job, am a little boring, and have never been to prison. It's surprising why more women aren't attracted to these qualities than the douche bag who just wants to get in their pants.
When I was in junior and high school, the kids were racist to me. Just the Males. That did not bring me down. What is your height? Are you built?

Old 03-22-2012, 05:34 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
"Just get over it"? How can you get over it if it keeps affecting your life? I bet the people saying this are probably Caucasion
"IT" is not affecting your life. YOU are affecting your life.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:38 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
"IT" is not affecting your life. YOU are affecting your life.
If you cannot get a date it is affecting your life. Not only your dating life but this stuff affects your social life as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships