Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 03:34 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,752,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
It is a simple question, I noticed some odd posts on here by fellow Desi but it applies to anyone, at what point do people need to ask more people out, try harder, put themselves out and about more, or improve their social skills instead of trumpeting race cards. Thanks yaw
That's a lame excuse. No one should use the "woe is me" thing. Coming from a guy who attracts all. I have favorites, but who keeps records of who's looking and who isn't? They all know a man when they see one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 03:34 PM

474 posts, read 495,929 times
Quote:
It is a simple question, I noticed some odd posts on here by fellow Desi but it applies to anyone, at what point do people need to ask more people out, try harder, put themselves out and about more, or improve their social skills instead of trumpeting race cards. Thanks yaw
Why do you want to make it worse by making pointless threads like this one in the first place???

People who keep whining will keep whining no matter what, do you have to make a separate thread to even understand that fact?

Old 03-22-2012, 03:37 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
Quote:
Some do and could benefit from sharpening certain personality traits. But then again, I think some of them have legit issues too. One thing I have noticed about all this venting is that it's rarely if ever a white guy. Why? Because in general I think white guys are usually the benefactors of racial dating preferences. Minority males? not so much.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Well obviously it is not good to get too hung up on any sort of rejection, but I can see how it would bother a person. Race is not something you can control like your weight and if you are constantly being rejected for your race then you probably do have the right to complain a little. The guy on the other thread was complaining that it's hard being Indian? Well, yeah I can see that, I never really see Indian guys with any other race of girl where I live. Could be frustrating after a while.
True but then that's the way the world is, and no matter how hard they try they won't be able to change the minds of women whose minds are made up in stereotyping Indian men, so my question is why even complain about it. That's the way things are, they got an option to change that by relocating to some other part of the world where they aren't "that Indian guy" or they can just shut up and put up with it. They have to accept the fact that these things aren't their fault and they are beyond their control, and it's best if they find fellow Indian women to date which reduces the chance of them being fools by being rejected by women of other races.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:41 PM

639 posts, read 828,578 times
"don't be that guy" lol

Old 03-22-2012, 03:43 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Yes, guys blame their race (I see Indians and Asians do it but not others so much) but they fail to see that it is their weird, unassimilated attitudes about women (ranging from misogynistic arrogance to abject insecurity) that are the big turn off.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yes, guys blame their race (I see Indians and Asians do it but not others so much) but they fail to see that it is their weird, unassimilated attitudes about women (ranging from misogynistic arrogance to abject insecurity) that are the big turn off.
Stereotype much?? And Indian and Asian men complain about it the most perhaps because they have a reason to, perhaps because women like yourself indulge in stereotyping the whole bunch of them instead of thinking that they are fellow human beings who could have their own individuality. You just validated the OP's point btw.

As said earlier in another thread, you remind of the kind of women that whine and complain about not finding the right kind of man but then going ahead and rejecting men of a certain ethnic group based on their stereotypes and prejudices against them, quite mature I must say.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:47 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
True but then that's the way the world is, and no matter how hard they try they won't be able to change the minds of women whose minds are made up in stereotyping Indian men, so my question is why even complain about it. That's the way things are, they got an option to change that by relocating to some other part of the world where they aren't "that Indian guy" or they can just shut up and put up with it. They have to accept the fact that these things aren't their fault and they are beyond their control, and it's best if they find fellow Indian women to date which reduces the chance of them being fools by being rejected by women of other races.
Sometimes you gotta vent a little is all I'm saying. I didn't see the thread so maybe dude was crying all over, which yeah, I can't get behind. But sometimes bringing things up can make people realize their unconscious prejiduces.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Sometimes you gotta vent a little is all I'm saying. I didn't see the thread so maybe dude was crying all over, which yeah, I can't get behind. But sometimes bringing things up can make people realize their unconscious prejiduces.
No they won't, look at the above posting by Zentropa, does it seem like she's the kind that might realize her unconscious prejudices even if she has one. She rather goes on making unsubstantiated claims as if she knows the entire bunch of men belonging to a particular race(as if race completely determines a person's mental makeup) and tries to justify her or her fellow women's abhorrence towards men belonging to that particular race. So no sorry venting out in forums like this makes it worse, and even ignorant dumb women come out calling the people like OP as insecure instead of acknowledging their own unconscious prejudices. That's why I have never made or would never make threads like these.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:52 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,752,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Some do and could benefit from sharpening certain personality traits. But then again, I think some of them have legit issues too. One thing I have noticed about all this venting is that it's rarely if ever a white guy. Why? Because in general I think white guys are usually the benefactors of racial dating preferences. Minority males? not so much.
No matter what race you are, you can be boring as hell for women. Who wants that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships