Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 02:52 PM

639 posts, read 828,578 times

Advertisements

It is a simple question, I noticed some odd posts on here by fellow Desi but it applies to anyone, at what point do people need to ask more people out, try harder, put themselves out and about more, or improve their social skills instead of trumpeting race cards. Thanks yaw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 02:54 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
In my opinion, people shouldn't use "race" as a criteria for dating, period.

It's very limiting. They shouldn't limit themselves to certain "races" they should be open to date anybody they have something in common with. Your perfect mate could be from any background, born anywhere on the planet, why limit yourself.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:11 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,100,368 times
I have listed my race as a handicap in my struggles in dating before. Then again, I've listed most things you can imagine as handicaps in dating, so that's not too credible.

In general, I do think certain races are more desirable across the board. However, whatever race/ethnicity you are, there are millions of the opposite sex to choose from in your own, so you can't really complain.

If you are open minded or have a fetish and want to date outside your race, you may face somewhat more rejection, but that's kind of your choice.

The only problem I have is when I'm open minded and like a woman blind of her color and she rejects me primarily because of my race. I have an inclination this may have happened to me once, but I have no confirmation. It could have been one of the other several things on my list of handicaps as well.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:13 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,338,323 times
People just need to accept the fact that there are a ton of people out there that will not like you for your race[period]

These threads the OP mentions and this race issue only come about when someone is rejected. Get over it people.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:16 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
People just need to accept the fact that there are a ton of people out there that will not like you for your race[period]

... Get over it people.
The first sentence does not go with the second sentence.

There are a lot of people who won't like you for your race? So just "get over it?"

I dunno, if someone rejected me for my race I can see feeling the need to vent a little.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:18 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post

There are a lot of people who won't like you for your race? So just "get over it?"

I dunno, if someone rejected me for my race I can see feeling the need to vent a little.
Not everyone is going to be into you for a variety of reasons, some of them potentially stupid. Instead of wasting your time venting, consider the bullet dodged and get on with your life.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:20 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,338,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post

oh shug... that's a problem.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:22 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,114,585 times
I don't think it's limited to race. I think some people use X as an excuse fror not getting dates -- period. I am too short, too tall, too weird, too sexy, too pretty, too average, too chubby, too skinny, too lazy. People just want to blame anything and everything that they can't control because it, to their minds, takes away from it being their responsibility to do something about it.

I can't get a date because I'm white/black/yellow/orange/brown/green/blue/pink or polka dot, so it's not my fault!

Old 03-22-2012, 03:29 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,025,735 times
Rejection definitely does spurn these types of feelings. But let's change your thread title to "do you think some GUYS use race...." because it's pretty much guys who vent about this, not girls. Girls get rejected for other superficial reasons (some of them they can totally change if they worked hard enough), but not race.

I will say this though, girls/guys have always had racial preferences but I think that it's just never been as "in your face" as it is now with the popularity of online dating which gives people free reign to tell the dating world the type of race they want, and consequently don't want.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:32 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,428,415 times
Well obviously it is not good to get too hung up on any sort of rejection, but I can see how it would bother a person. Race is not something you can control like your weight and if you are constantly being rejected for your race then you probably do have the right to complain a little. The guy on the other thread was complaining that it's hard being Indian? Well, yeah I can see that, I never really see Indian guys with any other race of girl where I live. Could be frustrating after a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships