Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 10:29 PM

352 posts, read 1,004,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
So, basically when you reject any person for any reason there's some kind of ism to be applied. That's a lot of isms, perhaps so many that they cancel each other out.
There would be a lot isms if that was the case haha. Anti-Robert Wagnerism anyone?

The OP is not talking about rejecting individual persons, just entire races of people without consideration.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:39 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostSecularist View Post
The OP is not talking about rejecting individual persons, just entire races of people without consideration.
Just curious, since you're so invested in this, you're not white, right?

Old 04-24-2012, 10:46 PM

352 posts, read 1,004,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Just curious, since you're so invested in this, you're not white, right?
I hope you're not resorting to ad hominem approach

Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
I hope you're not resorting to ad hominem approach
I didn't bother to look that up, nor did I take courses at Evergreen State College. Please explain.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:02 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
There would be a lot isms if that was the case haha. Anti-Robert Wagnerism anyone?

It's still a matter of attributes. That's what's rejected. Most people have standards and criteria. The net is full of such laundry lists so pretty much everybody is guilty of an ism.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:51 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
I think what some people are just afraid to admit is that "racism" is tolerable in a few rare occurrences, and dating preferences just happens to be one of them. Although, I hesitate to call racial dating preferences "racism" in every situation simply because racism applied in it's strictest definition is based on the idea of superiority.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:02 AM

399 posts, read 581,802 times
Generally, my physical draw is to men with dark tan complexions and features like Boris Kudjoe or Will Demp. But I wouldn't rule out a guy I feel a strong affinity and connection to because he didn't match that description. NONE of the men I've fallen far deeply have matched that physical description. If I find two, one darker skinner, one lighter skinned who I felt a strong affinity for (never happened), I'd have to trust my heart and instincts, whichever way that tilts. I don't trust my eyes the way i use to.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:35 PM

31,062 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinieRN View Post
Generally, my physical draw is to men with dark tan complexions and features like Boris Kudjoe or Will Demp. But I wouldn't rule out a guy I feel a strong affinity and connection to because he didn't match that description. NONE of the men I've fallen far deeply have matched that physical description. If I find two, one darker skinner, one lighter skinned who I felt a strong affinity for (never happened), I'd have to trust my heart and instincts, whichever way that tilts. I don't trust my eyes the way i use to.
And that would be the way most people feel: You have an "Ideal" then you have "Reality". Who you end up with can seem like a contradiction to people on the outside. When I was young I would have said the ideal for me was a blonde haired blue eyed girl with a dark tan, classic SoCal beach bunny. As an adult I won't pin myself down to anyone that specific as I know what I like when I see her.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:45 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
I guess you'd consider me racist then. There's a race of people whom, in general, I have no problem with. They're good people like anyone else but I wouldn't want to wake up to their accent every morning so I won't date one with the accent. Shame on me? Oh well.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:48 PM

297 posts, read 740,798 times
I can't believe this thread is still alive and well. So are we trying to say that the line between being "racist" and "just going by preference" blurred so much that we don't know the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships