Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 12:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
Because, I'm NOT ATTRACTED to them. I've seen nice looking men of all races, but, I'm not attracted to anything but MY man.
There is a difference between saying I've never been attracted to someone outside of my race and saying I would NEVER date anyone outside of my race. If you've never been attracted to someone outside your race - so be it. If you've already made the decision that it would be impossible to be attracted to someone outside your race... well, that's a different story.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:08 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think there is a difference in never having been attracted to someone of a certain race and saying that they will NEVER date someone of a certain race. The first, I can understand. The second, I cannot.

Well, it comes from knowing what you will and won't do, age and maturity and knowing what I like. and I can safely say I will NEVER date outside my race. I'm getting married in a few weeks. Safe bet.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
There is a difference between saying I've never been attracted to someone outside of my race and saying I would NEVER date anyone outside of my race. If you've never been attracted to someone outside your race - so be it. If you've already made the decision that it would be impossible to be attracted to someone outside your race... well, that's a different story.

Why don't you just say what you're beating around the bush about...won't hurt my feeling atall. You think cause I can say NEVER I'm racist. It's your thoughts, have at it. But, IF that is what you are indeed thinking, you're wrong.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:11 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Why don't you just say what you're beating around the bush about...won't hurt my feeling atall. You think cause I can say NEVER I'm racist. It's your thoughts, have at it. But, IF that is what you are indeed thinking, you're wrong.
Gotta love them Alabama gals!!!!!!!!!!You go girl!!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2012, 12:12 PM

Thanks Capt.'n!!

Old 03-29-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Well, it comes from knowing what you will and won't do, age and maturity and knowing what I like. and I can safely say I will NEVER date outside my race. I'm getting married in a few weeks. Safe bet.
Saying that you will never date someone outside of your race because you haven't yet and you are getting married in a few weeks makes sense. Saying that you won't date someone outside of your race because of age and maturity and knowing what you will and won't do - well, that doesn't make that much sense to me. I can understand never having come across someone of a different race that you are attracted to - but that doesn't have anything to do with age/maturity/knowing what you will and won't do. The only thing people of the same race have in common is their race - every single person on this planet is different. We all have our own personalities and characters. To say that you will never date an entire race of people just seems extremely narrow minded to me.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Saying that you will never date someone outside of your race because you haven't yet and you are getting married in a few weeks makes sense. Saying that you won't date someone outside of your race because of age and maturity and knowing what you will and won't do - well, that doesn't make that much sense to me. I can understand never having come across someone of a different race that you are attracted to - but that doesn't have anything to do with age/maturity/knowing what you will and won't do. The only thing people of the same race have in common is their race - every single person on this planet is different. We all have our own personalities and characters. To say that you will never date an entire race of people just seems extremely narrow minded to me.

Well, then I guess I'm just narrow minded. Doesn't bother me at all. And I would never date outside my race even if I were not getting married.

I'm more concerned over why you let it bother you? I'm not racist at all. And yes, I feel it has alot to do with age and maturity and knowing ones self. Yes, absolutely it does.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I don't know you enough to say one way or the other. But I think it's strange to make statements that indeed sound racist if you are not in fact racist. I guess it's all hard for me to understand. I've been attracted to men of all races. I have friends of all races. I would never rule someone out because of their race for any reason. It's hard for me to understand those that do. I've had friends before who said they wouldn't date black men but said that they weren't racist. Well, they pretty much were. I don't know - I just see beauty in all people. It's hard for me to understand people who don't.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Well, then I guess I'm just narrow minded. Doesn't bother me at all. And I would never date outside my race even if I were not getting married.

I'm more concerned over why you let it bother you? I'm not racist at all. And yes, I feel it has alot to do with age and maturity and knowing ones self. Yes, absolutely it does.
It doesn't bother me. I'm not friends with you. I just think it's funny to say something like, "I would NEVER date a black guy but I'm not racist."

Old 03-29-2012, 12:23 PM

106 posts, read 171,860 times
How anyone can say that they are not attracted to even ONE member of a particular race is beyond me lol. Take Chinese for example. Billions of them, and yet you can honestly tell me that you wouldn't even find one attractive ? I think everyone spouting this nonsense is full of BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships