Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 11:32 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Ya, I think you're right. Being thin only matters to men in places like LA and NY it seems, then again, that could be wrong too.
Those are the only two places I've seen it matter too. And Europe.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:35 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
They both can have big ones. I think men might think they stand a better chance of keeping a curvy or larger women as she has more to lose. Some guys are tired of getting dumped, ya know. I can see it with some of the guys I know. I've seen some really good looking women that they have gotten that were thirty or so pounds overweight. If it's all in the right places, many men don't mind.
well women who carry their weight well are more on the thick and curvy side than fat. but if men date these fat women cause they think they'll stick around, that's pretty insulting, isn't it?

Old 03-31-2012, 11:36 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,925 times
Quote:
Ya, I think you're right. Being thin only matters to men in places like LA and NY it seems, then again, that could be wrong too.
When I was on the dating sites, almost every mans profile said something along the lines of they wanted thin, slender, petite, athletic and that they were not into BBW. Abd I'm a long ways from LA or NY

Old 03-31-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Those are the only two places I've seen it matter too. And Europe.
haven't been to europe but I hear its very walkable and food there is healthy so I imagine its hard to even keep weight on there anyways.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
When I was on the dating sites, almost every mans profile said something along the lines of they wanted thin, slender, petite, athletic and that they were not into BBW. Abd I'm a long ways from LA or NY
that's kinda what I noticed. but that's not what I see men going after. I do have slender friends who are in relationships but the ones keeping them (as in engaged/married) are the fat ones, well except for a small few of my friends.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:40 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,231 times
Depends on how fat the fat girl is and if she has a pretty face. If its a girl 30 lbs overweight with a face like Cindy Crawford, it's not that much harder to get guys. Even repulsively fat ugly women can get guys. My old boss was 100 lbs overweight, had a pug face and smelled bad but she had a husband. This girl in my hs was 300 lbs and she got pregnant when she was 16 and married the guy. Some guys are really hard up and will nail anything. Also some ethnic communities give a bit more leeway on weight, like blacks, Latinos and Arabs.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:40 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,837 times
Quote:
well women who carry their weight well are more on the thick and curvy side than fat. but if men date these fat women cause they think they'll stick around, that's pretty insulting, isn't it?
All the guys I run around like medium to slightly thick. It's not skinny, not fat...just about right plus or minus a few pounds. I'd say about 20 to throw a number out of my hat. Medium build women seem to be better cooks as well. Those Frenchmen who dig the rail skinny ones with -A ciup boobs are whacked in the head. Women aren't supposed to look like that. I'm sure they would b*tch about what was for dinner all the time too. I don't need or want foo-foo. I want food dammit!! LOL

Old 03-31-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
All the guys I run around like medium to slightly thick. It's not skinny, not fat...just about right plus or minus a few pounds. I'd say about 20 to throw a number out of my hat. Medium build women seem to be better cooks as well. Those Frenchmen who dig the rail skinny ones with -A ciup boobs are whacked in the head. Women aren't supposed to look like that. I'm sure they would b*tch about what was for dinner all the time too. I don't need or want foo-foo. I want food dammit!! LOL
ya that makes a lot of sense.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:46 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
When I was having problems with my thyroid, I weighed myself and got to 140 pounds. I felt like a balloon, I had never been so fat. Strangely enough, when I would go walking somewhere, the men on the streets were throwing themselves at me like birds in mating season. Hot guys, ugly guys, normal guys, weird guys, everybody! And no, my boobs were not that ginormous, just my waistline. Then I started taking bladderwrack leaves to nourish my thyroid and fix it naturally. Immediately I got back to my original weight, and guys were still giving me the usual attention, but not like when I was feeling like a pizza.

I think guys feel more comfortable talking to average sized women, than they do thin women. That's the impression I got.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:51 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
This is why white women have eating disorders and starve themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships