Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 11:11 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times

Advertisements

My hubby and I are both nerd-ish. We weren't real nerds, but geeks, sure.

All the preppie jerks from school would be jealous of our sex lives now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 11:51 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,483,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm a bit of a nerd... I'm into physics and aerodynamics, you'd see me reading a book by Carl Sagan long before youd catch me reading twilight, I regularly go to comicons and star trek conventions and I actually own a star trek uniform. I also play a ton of video games (mostly RPGs) and read comic books.

Of course, I also have tattoos, have played in bands and am generally a badass

I LOVE nerds. I have always gone after the nerdy guys, much to the chagrin of my friends, but so far haven't really been able to snag one. I guess they get scared of an 6'tall tattooed rehead coming after them
Don't despair. Lot's of guys are looking for a girl just like you and cool intelligent 6+-footers aren't that easy to find. I got sick of inappropriate girls a decade ago and discovered internet dating. I put in a height minimum - got sick of girls that I could use the top of their head as an armrest or hors d'ovre plate-holder at cocktail parties. At 6'5" myself, I ended up with a wonderful "shortie" , we married and have had years of bliss watching Star Trek and Stargate reruns together (she's a bigger nerd than me in some ways like sci-fi tv addiction; engineering grad with engineers anal/retentive personality). However paradoxically, she's got a magnificent big strong body that got her a full scholarship to a Div.I school as a basketball center (even at "only" 6'0").

Lots of guys have asked me if she has a sister or cousin. Trust me, lots of guys are looking for a cool chick like you and the height and slightly warped intellectual bent you have is a huge positive.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:07 AM

102 posts, read 162,446 times
^ Agreed. For me, there's really something about a quirky, nerdy girl. I wouldn't call it a fetish per se but damn...let's just say the guys not in to them are really missing out. Big time.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:36 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
No woman owes you sex just because your a "nerd".

Old 08-31-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
As a reformed nerd, (I play Guitar now and everything, so I’m cool), I’d like to say, “We’re not that different.

Nerds do come in male and female versions, and from all walks of life, so there’s got to be one to suit.

So, give a nerd a chance, would you?

"Weird Al" Yankovic - White & Nerdy - YouTube
As a 35 year old female nerd (married, don't get ideas) I can assure you, yeah, I think nerds like sex.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrguyMN View Post
^ Agreed. For me, there's really something about a quirky, nerdy girl. I wouldn't call it a fetish per se but damn...let's just say the guys not in to them are really missing out. Big time.
I was the stereotype nerdy girl. Smart, cute enough, but awkward, unusual hobbies (like being a total 80s hair band freak when everyone was into grunge, alternative, and hip hop) and yes, I wore glasses too (thank you LASIK for ending that).

My husband would agree with you, but he's nerdish himself.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:33 AM

864 posts, read 1,454,737 times
I'm also the stereotypical nerdy girl. I don't wear glasses (contacts), but I'm an academic overachiever, into science and math, I love Star Wars (I went to a recent ComicCon as Hannah Solo), prefer to watch Indiana Jones over the latest chick flick (in fact, I'm going as Cindiana Jones for Halloween this year), and I know I'm going to find the perfect hot nerd guy some day. lol

Old 08-31-2012, 09:44 AM

I was never into Star Wars stuff, I guess "geek" is more accurate than "nerd" but still...same concept applies.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:42 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
I'm a big-time nerd! I've always been really into academics and learning new things (one of my favorite pastimes is going to the library and browsing the reference books just for the heck of it; I also love surfing Wikipedia for hours on end). I'm not much of a gamer anymore, but I still love a good XBox battle! I like Star Wars, Star Trek, and Lord of the Rings (although I think this might qualify me more as a 'geek' but whatever). I wear glasses at times and I think this might contribute to my 'nerdiness' as well.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:13 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Here's one last thought on this. Look at the title of your thread, "Nerds Also Like Sex." Is that all you're in it for? If so, then you better be prepared to not get any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships