Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 02:28 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,325,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I agree and just to clarify, I am a women with a varied sexual past. A rolodex of one night stands, FWB and the like. However, I have never cheated on anyone I have ever dated and I have never even contacted someone I had a sexual encounter with while I was in a relationship.

However, there is still a sigma attached that I will somehow be incapable of settling down and unable to be content with one sexual partner for an extended period of time (by some men). It's an unfortunate double standard and I try to be as open as possible about my past, when asked, but apparently its okay and can be easily overlooked for guys, but takes a "secure" man to know this information and be comfortable with it.
i applaud you for not being 'ashamed' to admit you've shared yourself amongst men in the past, and for never cheating as you claim in your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 02:29 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,197,976 times
Quote:
Simple question. Women who are very faithful when they are in a relationship, however, when they are single-all bets are off. Do men view women with many sexual partners as untrustworthy? Obviously this SHOULD be a case by case scenario...but I have a feeling it's not.

Opinions?
Why would one ask this question about just *women*? Double standard much?

Old 04-16-2012, 02:29 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,625,312 times
Quote:
Simple question. Women who are very faithful when they are in a relationship, however, when they are single-all bets are off.
When a woman isn't in a relationship, who does she have to be faithful to?

Quote:
Do men view women with many sexual partners as untrustworthy? Obviously this SHOULD be a case by case scenario...but I have a feeling it's not.

Opinions?
I believe that women who've had fewer sex partners will be more likely to bond to one man , emotionally speaking, and that this is beyond her control. I'm not going to say it makes her untrustworthy, but it definitely lowers her value as a monogamous partner, in my eyes.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:30 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,197,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
i applaud you for not being 'ashamed' to admit you've shared yourself amongst men in the past, and for never cheating as you claim in your post.
Up thread you claim it is not wrong to share oneself. Why would you then applaud someone for being ashamed of it?

Old 04-16-2012, 02:51 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,325,103 times
she's not ashamed and thats why i applaud her. read my post again

Old 04-16-2012, 03:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Simple question. Women who are very faithful when they are in a relationship, however, when they are single-all bets are off. Do men view women with many sexual partners as untrustworthy? Obviously this SHOULD be a case by case scenario...but I have a feeling it's not.

Opinions?
Depends.

[many sexual partners in an non-committed environment is not the definition of untrustworthy]

Old 04-16-2012, 03:33 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,625,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Can a MAN?
^
This

Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,024,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
I believe that women who've had fewer sex partners will be more likely to bond to one man , emotionally speaking, and that this is beyond her control. I'm not going to say it makes her untrustworthy, but it definitely lowers her value as a monogamous partner, in my eyes.
I have to really disagree with this, based on my own wife. She has had her share in her past, but she is certainly very loving, faithful, and settled in her life now.

I imagine women, like men, would tend to have a number of partners in their younger years (teens, to early twenties), and that doing so does not impair their ability to have long, lasting, committed relationships or remain loving and faithful either.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:55 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
People with very liberal attitudes to sex, I've found, tend to have sex more for pleasure rather than love although that's a generalisation. So maybe there is more of a chance of them cheating, but honesty is more a character trait than anything else.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,625,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I have to really disagree with this, based on my own wife.
LOL way to use your wife as cannon fodder for your argument.

Quote:
She has had her share in her past, but she is certainly very loving, faithful, and settled in her life now.
Uh huh.

So it doesn't bother you that your wife has been around?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships