Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 05:57 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
I do post counseling - not pre counseling, believe what you will.
Good thing. You've got the newly-bitter dudes in that case, of course they're going to agree your views of women are correct. Much like a woman who was left by her husband might go through an "all men are cheaters" phase.

This explains a lot, actually.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:58 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Materialism is relative. Relative to what someone's disposable income is.

Therefore, any woman who is unreasonably materialistic is "bad news," and even BIGGER "bad news" for those dweebs who go on foreign wife-hunting expeditions and then get stuck with a materialistic foreign wife from a culture to which they can't relate.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:00 PM

252 posts, read 555,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Good thing. You've got the newly-bitter dudes in that case, of course they're going to agree your views of women are correct. Much like a woman who was left by her husband might go through an "all men are cheaters" phase.

This explains a lot, actually.
I help them find good people. I help them find faults in themselves and their ex s.o. We have a great group going on, and I think that is what angers bitter women so much. Men saying no to what is wrong, and sharing a healthy, happy, mutual beneficial relationship with a GOOD woman.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:04 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
I help them find good people. I help them find faults in themselves and their ex s.o. We have a great group going on, and I think that is what angers bitter women so much. Men saying no to what is wrong, and sharing a healthy, happy, mutual beneficial relationship with a GOOD woman.
Mod cut: personal attack.

I am a good woman. My husband is a good man. I'm pretty sure we aren't the only ones out there.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-19-2012 at 08:57 PM..

Old 04-19-2012, 06:10 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
So are men all the same? Does a Southern man act the same as a northern man. Do societal norms not define the masses? Does an Arab man act the same as an American man?

You've obviously never been in a relationship with a girl from another country. I find the only people who talk like you, are the people who don't know what it's like to be with one. It's pretty funny actually.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:12 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
The United States is the number one consumer, and analysts say a staggering 85% of it is just one gender. You guessed it, Female. Walk into any mall and its clear to see that women dominate in consumption. On average 4/5 of a department stores inventory caters to women. Women now for the last ten years dominate in consumer electronics and automobile consumption.

If you separate the products and stores in which men and women have a dramatic appeal in interest you will see a shocking difference. One side is for the benefit of multiple people, often building helping and achieving a goal. The other side is for self-indulgence, vapid image, fancy luxuries.

Tools, home improvement, team sports, fishing, family vehicles, these are the things that men invest in. Women on the other hand consume that benefit only themselves. Lotions, make-up, clothes, jewelry, shoes, purses, and little dogs to dress up.

As time goes on, more and more American women are becoming vapid and selfish because of our consumer society. Are relationships of the future even possible with such a one sided gender?
My God! Get out and talk to some real women! Also, notice that face creams, lotions, etc. are increasingly being marketed to men, and they're buying them.

Women buy for the whole family. They buy clothes for the kids and for their husband, they buy household supplies of all kinds, bedding, gardening supplies, etc. The marketing industry knows women do most of the buying, because it's mostly women's responsibility to keep the household functioning. Everyone needs clothes, that's not vapid, it's a necessity. Among my women friends, no one buys make-up, jewelry, or purses, except maybe once every 10 years when they need to replace a worn-out purse. Reality check!

One thing I've noticed about this forum is that it's full of stereotypes, cliches, and outright fantasies. People seem to confuse TV and media images with reality. Do yourself a favor and get to know real, live women, all kinds of women, in a wide variety of professions (if they'll even talk to you).

And btw, buying fishing supplies, cars, sports equipment and tools isn't "investing". It's "spending". If you don't know the difference between "spending" and "investing", you're going to be in very sad economic shape the rest of your life. Good luck with that.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:12 PM

733 posts, read 1,664,023 times
Everyone is materialistic to some extent. It's normal to want nicer things and indulge in shopping and frivolous spending every once in a while. If a woman nags you constantly for presents, that's another story.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:17 PM

199 posts, read 391,299 times
Both genders consume material goods....it's part of our culture of keeping up with the Jonses.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
You people sure get excited. This many pages in, what, an hour? Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships