Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 04:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
If the guy reminds you of a crush from a long time ago, or your dad, or the guys you grew up with, etc.
That's the way I operate, unfortunately. I for one have a serious weakness for Greeks, but he doesn't quite look Greek. He IS gorgeous, though. He's also very young. He'll look his best in my book in another 15 to 20 years. Of course, at that time he won't care about my book whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 04:46 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
If you don't mind me asking, why is he not your type?
He is more pretty boy than I like. I do like boyish looks. And less hair (I like bald or cropped 90% of the time.) And I don't usually like blue eyes. I tend to like hazel or brown.

If he came up to me? I'd definitely flirt, and then try to pair him up with my friend who likes pretty boys. (Unless you know we got on famously)

Old 04-27-2012, 04:53 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
What about a guy that looks like Kostas Martakis but is super nice, down to earth, and funny?

Would you ladies go for that?
What do you mean, looks like KM,"but" is super nice, etc.? Don't you mean looks like that, AND is super nice...? KM is very good-looking!

Old 04-27-2012, 07:58 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,628,805 times
The reason why I ask is that i resemble Kostas, only not that ridiculously good looking, but I am ethnic Greek, typical Greek. I look a little more like a cross between Kostas Martakis and Colin Farrell, but the point is that down here in the South it's been somewhat more of a challenge than usual to date because girls down here do not like the "pretty" look. I've been called too pretty to my face several times. The crazy thing is that I am no metrosexual either. I don't get facials, manicures, eyebrows or even dress GQ, yet I get the same comments. It's funny.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
The reason why I ask is that i resemble Kostas, only not that ridiculously good looking, but I am ethnic Greek, typical Greek. I look a little more like a cross between Kostas Martakis and Colin Farrell, but the point is that down here in the South it's been somewhat more of a challenge than usual to date because girls down here do not like the "pretty" look. I've been called too pretty to my face several times. The crazy thing is that I am no metrosexual either. I don't get facials, manicures, eyebrows or even dress GQ, yet I get the same comments. It's funny.
Good grief... As a big Greek fan, I have to say they're nuts!

Old 04-28-2012, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Pretty boys are super popular where I live. Most of my friends like pretty boys. I tend to like cute and boyish.....so I am a little weird.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:00 AM

Where do you girls live? Back in Boston, it wasn't hard to have a date every weekend. It was a lot of fun.

Down here in Texas, I have to really stay inside the city limits, usually at hipster bars and date the gals that think outside the box. I am more attracted to the southern belles that live outside the city limits but their preference is for the average looking buzz cut country boy or the really douchey looking preppy that wears teal Polos and works in oil and gas, insurance, accounting type.

I did end up dating this girl who is of that type but she was more critical than anything. I had to dance country (which I don't mind) but every weekend she wanted country. She said I was average height, but I'm 5'11, with shoes I'm 6'0!
And everything that was different about me was "gay" to her.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Where do you girls live? Back in Boston, it wasn't hard to have a date every weekend. It was a lot of fun.
Oakland, CA.

It sounds like you are too "weird" for Texas. :P Southerns are different for sure.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Where do you girls live?
Well, this is just my personal preference because I come from this part of the world and I like such features.

If you consider moving, perhaps you should go to a place with a large Greek and other Mediterranean and/or Central and Eastern European population - like Chicago, Astoria (NY), Tarpon Springs (FL), etc.

Nothing to worry about! These features may look a little "pretty" on a very young man, but they age very well!

Old 04-28-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Oakland, CA.

It sounds like you are too "weird" for Texas. :P Southerns are different for sure.
Yes, the southern belle was always irritated by how different I was always "trying" to be, even though I was just being me.

Quote:
Well, this is just my personal preference because I come from this part of the world and I like such features.

If you consider moving, perhaps you should go to a place with a large Greek and other Mediterranean and/or Central and Eastern European population - like Chicago, Astoria (NY), Tarpon Springs (FL), etc.

Nothing to worry about! These features may look a little "pretty" on a very young man, but they age very well!
I mean I get stares (good ones), flirts, glances the whole nine yards but beyond that hardly anything from the southern belles.

And I am wondering when these features will move from pretty to "manly", because I am already 26.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships