Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 01:48 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,660,273 times

Advertisements

I think beauty and a good body may get you the first few dates but confidence and personality get you a relationship!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 01:50 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,628,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
I think I would go with confidence and good personality. I can totally be friends with an unattractive chubby male who feels good about himself and makes me feel great about myself, I can't see myself befriending or ever liking an underwear model with a ****ty attitude and subpar conversational skills. Thus there is a bigger chance that I'd like the former.
Will never happen with a guy. The only way would be if the gal is thin.

I would date Sarah Silverman even though she is just cute, but has a great personality.

Guys dream: Jenny McCarthy or Zooey Deschanel.

All though, I do like Adele. I think she is hot and there is something about her I like.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I think beauty and a good body may get you the first few dates but confidence and personality get you a relationship!
Yes, my Russian friend is stacked like Drago from Rocky V and is 6'0, looks, everything but his personality is down right rotten. He can't keep a girl to save his life.

He wonders why I get more gals than him even though I am not stacked like him

Old 04-26-2012, 01:59 PM

270 posts, read 387,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
I think I would go with confidence and good personality. I can totally be friends with an unattractive chubby male who feels good about himself and makes me feel great about myself, I can't see myself befriending or ever liking an underwear model with a ****ty attitude and subpar conversational skills. Thus there is a bigger chance that I'd like the former.
I was friends with an unattractive chubby male who felt good about himself but made me feel like crap ....i'm not sure if going with the latter is always a good idea...for some reason people who aren't all that attractive or who think they are can be very judgmental and expect perfection ....which still boggles my mind

Old 04-26-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
I was friends with an unattractive chubby male who felt good about himself but made me feel like crap ....i'm not sure if going with the latter is always a good idea...for some reason people who aren't all that attractive or who think they are can be very judgmental and expect perfection ....which still boggles my mind
There are those chubby guys with an over the top personality. They try to overcompensate for their looks by playing the jerk angle. They think it works.

Although there is a phenomenon of slightly attractive to unattractive average girls that think they're too hot for guys and think they deserve a Brad Pitt.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:08 PM

744 posts, read 812,430 times
For a relationship? Good personality no question...With that said, no matter how much you try to deny it, everyone is shallow to one degree or another... I would rather be single my whole life than in a relationship with a girl who resembles a troll, I also wouldn't want to be with some cruel wench with personality of a marshmallow even if she was really pretty

Old 04-26-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
There are those chubby guys with an over the top personality. They try to overcompensate for their looks by playing the jerk angle. They think it works.

Although there is a phenomenon of slightly attractive to unattractive average girls that think they're too hot for guys and think they deserve a Brad Pitt.
I'm not that type at all thinking that I deserve a Brad Pitt but you do want to be attracted to the person your with. I've been attracted to men who may be on the chubby side or even the skinny side but if their a sweetheart and we have a good vibe going that can go along way. But being very overweight and not a great looker and STILL criticizing others is not very nice or appealing personality wise.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:17 PM

The man has to be somewhat attractive for any woman. Gals are not saints, they go for looks too, they're just looking for the whole package. Looks aren't everything but they're still part of the deal.

No gal is going to date a really unattractive fat guy.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
The man has to be somewhat attractive for any woman. Gals are not saints, they go for looks too, they're just looking for the whole package. Looks aren't everything but they're still part of the deal.

No gal is going to date a really unattractive fat guy.
Ive seen couples like that. Good looking girl and overweight not great looking guy. It has to be something ...could be personality???

Old 04-26-2012, 02:34 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
I would date Sarah Silverman even though she is just cute, but has a great personality.
I'm enjoying your insights, Barcelona. So tell me, why is "cute" preceded by "just"? I mean, why isn't "cute" enough for a lot of guys? Does it really have to be gorgeous, or hot? (I'm not asking about you specifically, since you said cute + personality would work for you. I'm asking what your observation is about other guys.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships