Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 10:16 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,152,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
What's more attractive: a beautiful face and body or confidence and good personality?
I perfer both. But if you put a gun to my head and I had to choose one, I'd go with face and body. Sorry, I can't be in a relationship with somebody I'm not attracted to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 11:00 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
What's more attractive: a beautiful face and body or confidence and good personality?
Beautiful face and body of course. You can take a woman with a beautiful face and a beautiful body and give her a horrible horrible attitude and personality and I'd still tap it, because I'd still find her physically sexually attractive. Take a woman with confidence and a great (not just good), but a great personality and put Sandra Oh's face on her I'd still would not say she's attractive.

Confidence and good personality would be great in a FRIEND or, if you are an older/elderly person, a companion, but for someone relatively young and sexually active, face and body are definitely more important.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:13 AM

270 posts, read 387,712 times
wow! I better stay hitting the gym ... or my prospects are slim to none lol

Old 04-26-2012, 11:19 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
It's only natural to find a pretty/handsome face attractive, but you learn from experience that that can be a trap. I suspect this is why so many men and women end up complaining about their partners turning out to be cheaters, or guys complain that women are so demanding and "high maintenance". People are using the wrong criteria to make their choices. There are people out there who have both looks and a good personality, but they're not easy to find.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:30 AM

270 posts, read 387,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's only natural to find a pretty/handsome face attractive, but you learn from experience that that can be a trap. I suspect this is why so many men and women end up complaining about their partners turning out to be cheaters, or guys complain that women are so demanding and "high maintenance". People are using the wrong criteria to make their choices. There are people out there who have both looks and a good personality, but they're not easy to find.
But it seems like no matter how much you try to fit into the criteria its never quite enough. I know no one is perfect but it seems like your face and body HAVE to be flawless to even be considered

Old 04-26-2012, 11:36 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Beautiful face and body of course. You can take a woman with a beautiful face and a beautiful body and give her a horrible horrible attitude and personality and I'd still tap it, because I'd still find her physically sexually attractive. Take a woman with confidence and a great (not just good), but a great personality and put Sandra Oh's face on her I'd still would not say she's attractive.

Confidence and good personality would be great in a FRIEND or, if you are an older/elderly person, a companion, but for someone relatively young and sexually active, face and body are definitely more important.
Well, I understand what you're driving at BUT I preferred to have someone with whom I could talk to and work the crossword over breakfast the next morning. I mean, I dated a girl who was on the cover of Elle and Italian Vogue, for crying out loud, but she wound up being really tedious all the damned time. Always moaning about her weight and the rest of her insecurities.

What's more, what happens when that woman with the horrible attitude and personality calls you up, say, six weeks after your roll in the hay and says, "Um....we need to have a talk. I'm late"? Guess what. You've just chained yourself to the Queen of Darkness through 18 long, grueling years of child support payments and periodic appearances in family court. Having seen that happen to my brother-in-law, I don't recommend that for anyone.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
But it seems like no matter how much you try to fit into the criteria its never quite enough. I know no one is perfect but it seems like your face and body HAVE to be flawless to even be considered
This is a good question. Some men (and women) say that very attractive women are intimidating, and so are see as unapproachable. There are a lot of mixed messages out there, so who knows? The thing to remember is: different strokes for different folks. What's attractive to some is not to others. There are all kinds of tastes and preferences out there, so the more you mingle, the greater the chances of finding someone you're right for, and who's right for you. Also, a lot of guys are too shy to approach women, so it's not unusual for the woman to have to make the first move if a guy she likes comes across her radar. If some venue isn't working (bars, say), try a variety of other venues. It seems to me to be a miracle that anyone matches up, especially a successful, long term match.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:41 AM

67 posts, read 112,933 times
Confidence and good personality. A confident man is so sexy! Of course I wouldn't mind "tone and athletic" also. Face is least important, so long as guy doesn't look like an ogre. At any rate I find just so-so faces at first can seem quite good looking and sexy after you get to know someone.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:45 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,104,566 times
Quote:
Even more specific than a good personality and confidence ...

Loyalty and mutual respect, especially the latter.

I'm not going to have much respect for a woman who prattles endlessly about which couples are mismatched because he's too good looking for her and vice versa.

And a woman who wants the best looking, richest guy is not going to have a lot of respect for me.

Very important.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I'm not going to have much respect for a woman who prattles endlessly about which couples are mismatched because he's too good looking for her and vice versa.
Airheads! Airheadedness isn't attractive. A good heart and a good mind are key, imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships