Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 11:21 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

The OP sounds bitter and frustrated.

Was there a question in there somewhere, for us to respond to? Or just declarations of one person's view of reality?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 11:30 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
Hitman,

there are indeed lots of women like that. Many times it comes from men putting women on perches simply because of "looks" and nothing more.

I meet women of the same caliber. I'm sure other men have too. There are thousands of attractive women available that will like you and your style.

I'd not put to much thought into the women such as you describe. I think that's just the way both men and women are. It really is hit or miss.

Often times when you look "underneath the hood" you find that there's not a whole lot there. The car looks great on the outside but the internal systems are worthless and not worth the time and energy.

For guys, it boils down to approach after approach. Just keep moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
Lately I've been meeting women that seem to think JUST BECAUSE they have a great "shape" and are attractive, that makes them "top notch" and a "great catch".

Do they come out and say it? No. They say it in other ways with body language and attitude as if they're saying: "because I have a nice shape and a cute face, that makes me all of that and any man should be lucky to be with me. I'm doing him a favor" aura.

SIDE NOTE: No, this is not an slight on women. Since I am a straight male and only like straight women, my experience is only with women. I am sure it can be said for men as well. There is no need to say "men are the same way". This is not a men =vs= women thread.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:54 AM

688 posts, read 897,399 times
It's called arrogance, sir. A self-esteem that is too high. Some of these people may actually be catches, some not. I'm not exactly sure why you'd vent about this. I generally just ignore arrogant people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
It actually doesn't take me any time or effort to remember things (if it does for you, you have my deepest sympathy), I have a naturally good memory, unfortunately I tend to remember bizarre and pointless things, so chances are I will remember your name. Damn.

Zinger, lol.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:18 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Both women and men with what people would rank 8.5+ looks think they are "great catches" based on that criteria alone. Sometimes, they feel they don't have to develop to their full potential because of this. Therefore, no, people like this are not necessarily "great catches." But try convincing THEM of that.
This is true, but women put more stock in looks ALONE in the dating game. If man thinks she's a catch, she's a catch. There's no two ways about it, that's how it works. Doesn't matter what the OP or anyone else thinks. She can be the biggest b***h in the world, or have the most dull personality, but if the fella falls for it, she can overlook improving those aspects of herself.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:24 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
This is true, but women put more stock in looks ALONE in the dating game. If man thinks she's a catch, she's a catch. There's no two ways about it, that's how it works. Doesn't matter what the OP or anyone else thinks. She can be the biggest b***h in the world, or have the most dull personality, but if the fella falls for it, she can overlook improving those aspects of herself.
Yeah, but how long do the guys fall for it? Most probably drop women like this after the first few dates. Some catch.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:31 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yeah, but how long do the guys fall for it? Most probably drop women like this after the first few dates. Some catch.
Many also marry these women...I scratch my head too...no amount of looks can make up for some things.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:39 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Goodlooks only lead to happiness in the beginning however things can go downhill for both men and women who only seek attractive persons. An attractive person can have very poor qualities and issues.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:03 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,632 times
Don't judge a book by its cover!

Old 05-09-2012, 03:02 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not necessarily... I know quite a few VERY attractive women who can basically pick and choose who they date, and they rarely get broken up with regardless of how they act. One is a high school dropout who can barely spell her own name, but she's absolutely stunning and has dated a few of my male friends. The guy she is dating will go on and on about what a b*tch she is, or how horrible she is but he won't break up with her. Eventually, she'll get bored and move on to the next guy who has HEARD ALL ABOUT ALL THE CRAP SHE'S PULLED with his friend and he'll STILL date her!

My attractive girlfriends don't have a problem keeping men, regardless of how they act as long as they stay hot.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:25 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
I think most really good looking girls have that problem / attitude, honestly. At least in America they do. That isn't true of guys, though, I mean if a guy is really good looking but works a crap job, he's not going to think he's all that. Not true of a girl. She can JUST have looks and that's enough for her to act like she is a little princess.

It's unfortunately true, though, that beauty is only skin deep. There are a lot of really pretty girls who are completely idiotic or mediocre when you actually get to know them at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships