Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:42 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,200,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You nailed it. It's not the women putting themselves on the pedestals, it's the men putting them there. Look at all the threads in this section, about women being past their prime at 25, how men will always want the youngest, hottest woman, that a woman's job and ability to earn income isn't as important as her appearance. And how many of these posts are by men who are unsuccessful with relationships and can't see what they're doing wrong in selecting dates/partners...
The dance takes 2. Men put them on perches and the women start to believe that their value as a person is higher than it actually is as a result of the actions of men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 08:58 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,219,625 times
Boobs sag. Waistlines expand. Hair thins. Wrinkles appear. Only a person's spirit remains attractive over the long haul.

Don't get me wrong. When I met my wife, she was hotter than flowing lava, just as she is today. But anybody who marries anyone based on that person's physical attractiveness of the moment is just courting a miserable life down the road.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:01 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,130,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southshorelady View Post
I have to agree with the men on this. However, if blame is to be placed somewhere (probably should only be placed on each individual woman but...), it should be placed on the men. As JetJockey noted, men are the ones who put them up on this pedestal and treat them like princesses. So these knockout women get accustomed to it and expect this sort of treatment. However, I do know a few beautiful women who have the whole package. They are great all around but of course are already married.
I am frequently annoyed by members of my own sex.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:03 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,402,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Boobs sag. Waistlines expand. Hair thins. Wrinkles appear. Only a person's spirit remains attractive over the long haul.

Don't get me wrong. When I met my wife, she was hotter than flowing lava, just as she is today. But anybody who marries anyone based on that person's physical attractiveness of the moment is just courting a miserable life down the road.
great advice

Old 05-09-2012, 09:03 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,130,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

Shallow people attracting shallow people. It all works out in the end., at least they have that in common.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:09 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,123,536 times
I'd say for most people, the basis of their decision of whether to date a person is based primarily on physical attractiveness, so in most people's eyes that would mean you're a great catch.

Kind of sad considering it's the one thing we don't have much control over.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:05 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,402,542 times
like i said, a lot of times you see someone ur attracted to. you may go out on a few dates, but its the actual personality of the person that keeps it going.. I have gone out with girls that were attractive that had nothing else going for them and needless to say it didnt end up being a relationship

Old 05-09-2012, 10:08 AM

22,384 posts, read 29,507,923 times
I'll keep quiet on this one

Old 05-09-2012, 10:27 AM

674 posts, read 1,162,627 times
I'll come out and say it right now: I'm not a good catch.

I'm 29 year old male and I have many good things going for me, but I have enough things about me that women will consider me not a good catch.

Analysis Below:

Good things
- I have a stable job, make good money, and I'm successful at what I do
- I have my own apartment
- I have many hobbies: I play league baseball, football with friends, I've been playing guitar with lessons for 6 months now, and I'm going camping a few times this summer
- I'm in great athletic shape
- I've never cheated and never will, I'm loyal
- I am truly open and honest, I believe in good communication
- I will stick with a relationship if I really care about the person and do what it takes to make it work, I don't believe in just giving up.
- I'm kind, funny, and respectful in the dating process. I know how to treat a woman.

Why I'm not a good catch
- I'm only 5'8"
- Despite being in good shape, I have a bigger frame and I look bigger than I am. I'm not thin but I have strong visible abs, just not a six pack.
- I'm not super close to my family
- I am not much of a challenge. I can't help but show my cards when I like a girl. I'm not very good at playing games with her to maintain her interest.
- I've been burned too many times by the women I've cared for
- My heart is still broken a year from my last breakup. By no means do I wish to be back with any of my ex's, but I feel like I don't have any feelings or emotion to offer a woman anymore.
- I dislike the dating process. I enjoy the actual dates, but it's the game playing inbetween that I despise....and suck at.
- I have no desire to make an effort to pursue a woman, mostly because I just don't care anymore.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:37 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,114,301 times
Self confidence in a lady is fine, but when it's over done, it stinks. If a women portrayed herself as a good catch, I would thrown her back with the rest of the fish...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships