Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:48 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
In all seriousness, you might want to post and get some help from this forum: https://www.city-data.com/forum/mental-health/

yea in all seriousness, i'm so sure. stop by there yourself on the way out.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:53 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
yea in all seriousness, i'm so sure. stop by there yourself on the way out.
Seriously, you talk about 'getting it all over with' all the time and have such a bitter and heavy mindset and heart. I posted it as a postive thing and once again you trash it with your negativity.

If you hate people so damn much and think all relationships are a joke then why are you posting in this forum?

Old 05-11-2012, 10:56 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Most of insurance companies are brainwashed. I know.
Seriously, this is an idiotic statement. I am an actuary and insurers set rates in order to maximize profit: It should be obvious you're wrong. No chance in hell you don't lose this debate.

That study is a sound one because they look at fatalities per 100K miles driven which is the actuarially sound way of looking at these kinds of things. But what the hell do I know? I'm only an actuary lol.

Now if you want to debate the ethics of setting rates by gender, that's one that can be had. Personally, I think it's unfair that males have to pay more, but then again, females pay more for health insurance for equivalent coverage. Wrong all the way around.

Lot of myths in society such as "women are horrible drivers", "men cannot cook", etc.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:59 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Seriously, you talk about 'getting it all over with' all the time and have such a bitter and heavy mindset and heart. I posted it as a postive thing and once again you trash it with your negativity.

If you hate people so damn much and think all relationships are a joke then why are you posting in this forum?

posted what with a positive thing? telling someone to go to the mental health forum. that's not something usually a compliment. but okay whatever. i will be glad when it's all over with not saying tomorrow or next week, whenever. imo it's a complete waste of time for me.

i dont pay any attention to people trying bull guard someone into posting what they want so their day can go smoother. i'm interested in posting my opinions as i see them.

i post on this forum because that's what i want to do at the moment. i like participating in what people talk about on here. i don't get the way they think and the way they do things in their lives.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:13 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,175,221 times
I am not going to “Condemn” all men on CD let alone state that they are all women haters.
I will however state a pet peeve of mine and this is regarding MEN and WOMEN…I loathe the generalizations…The fact that a poster can go so far and label a whole sex, group and so forth based on few personal experiences or off of what they have heard from others! Truth is good and bad exists in Men and Women and in different groups and so forth, it is really IGNORANT to make blanket statements regardless of how “petty” “insignificant” the snide jabs, remarks, uninformed remarks, statements are made.

Bottom line, MEN and WOMEN here on CD are guilty of this although like yourself Trimac I will refrain from naming posters, some are more guilty than others!

Old 05-12-2012, 12:05 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,143,014 times
I found this to be one of the most sobering analysis of modern feminism

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA&feature=related

Old 05-12-2012, 01:23 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Without naming names...I and some other guys have been accused of hating women, or having something against women, creating threads to put them down.etc. I understand some people are a bit sensitive, but it seems that if you even make a comment that is not entirely flattering of the female sex as a whole - it could be anything, even if you take a 'feminist' viewpoint - there'll always be a few very vocal ones who shout you down, question your motives, accuse you of being bitter.

This is a totally unbiased question...I want to know if in your opinion you think that misogyny is really rife here...Or misandry, for that matter.

Sure I've seen some men who say things like women should pay for all dates, and of course there are those who say they don't like women over 25 or whatever...if you've noticed I generally don't hold those views. Of course that means nothing.

The thread I started recently - perhaps it wasn't necessary, in hindsight, to post on a forum. I still don't think I did what others accused me of, but since it could so easily get misconstrued and misunderstood, maybe I shouldn't have posted it.

Anyway...I do think some men here are a little bitter about the way things are - and so are women - and at the risk of sounding like a broken record I think on CD at least men are just 'called out' for it way more, because historically men were the main propogators of sexism. At least that's what I and others were taught. So like being a white person, men have a lot of guilt to deal with. Of course few will actually acknowledge this.

Some women here see sexism in everything, so if I question anything about women I can expect to be attacked in the same old manner. Some are fairly decent people, it's just maybe there's too much of the 'battle of the sexes' here. I honestly think just reading topics on here is responsible for making me more gender conscious than I ever was. Because like others have observed, I need to get off the computer and stop posting so much.

So from now on I will post fewer topics - but if I think something is worth posting I will post it, regardless of if it offends or if it's not 'PC.' My intentions are to make people think, but sometimes, I suppose my own opinions and stuff get mixed in there sometimes.

It would be good to get an honest, civil debate without this turning into yet another bun-fight. Hopefully everyone can come up with a discourse, and get to the bottom of what they really believe, whether they really are woman/man-haters or not. I am just a bit tired of people throwing around these labels here.

PS: I can see how this thread might be seen as gender bashing. If the mods let this thread pass please don't start attacking either gender. Try to be objective or thoughtful.
I've seen a lot of hate from both sides, though I've noticed more hatred of women from men than the other way around. That's just my perception, YMMV.

Speaking personally, I don't hate men. I'm just indifferent to them now.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:25 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,175,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
I found this to be one of the most sobering analysis of modern feminism

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA&feature=related
Whats your point? As a woman I do not agree with everything but there are some valid points that you outside of your male mind cannot refute..you fail

Old 05-12-2012, 05:56 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,213,545 times
Thread is closed..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.